GOLD PROSPECTING FORUM
Last Shout - Posted by: mygrain - Saturday, 26 July 2014 04:35
hey fillupongold, heading out august 23 give me a call , 2506422240 Yahoo!!
Welcome To The Canadian Gold Prospecting Forum.
Please consider registering to gain full access! - Its free and only takes a few seconds to complete - Click Here.

Gold Prospecting Forums, Gold Prospecting Forum

July 28, 2014, 11:24:44 AM *
A A A A
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Mining supplies
News: ★★ Join now to access the new downloads section comprising of 52
(and growing) diy prospecting equipment plans, and educational materials. Just click register, make two posts and enjoy. It's that simple!!★★

Home   Blog Search Register  

GOLD PROSPECTING FORUM

Gold Prospecting Forum.

Gold prospectors forum

DIY mining equipment homemade prospecting tools.

Gold Prospecting Forums

GOLD PROSPECTING FORUM mining forum, canadian prospecting forum, american gold prospecting forum. GOLD PROSPECTING EQUIPMENT

GOLD PROSPECTORS NETWORK

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: leaching...  (Read 2266 times)
larz_d567
Trade Count: (0)

United States United States

Province/ State: montana

0.00 Nuggets

Kudos: 0

My 30 day Activity
0%

Awards
« on: January 30, 2010, 07:42:18 PM »

hey all, wondering if anyone here had any good knowledge about leaching or could point me in the right direction. i dont like the idea of cyanide, but ive been looking into halide and thio leaching. need more info to do this large scale not just for concentrates. any info would be great

-larry in mt

Blister
PPT Invited

Canada Canada

Province/ State: Alberta

0.00 Nuggets

My 30 day Activity
0%

Awards
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 08:03:21 PM »

I asked the same a couple weeks ago. Not much information came my way, hope you have better luck. There's lots of information out there, enough for a good idea, but seems incomplete.
GollyMrScience
PPT Invited

Canada Canada

0.00 Nuggets

Kudos: 128

Awards Awarded to members who have more than 100 reputation points on the forum Awarded to members who have more than 2000 posts Awarded to members who go above and beyond Awarded to members who have more than 50 reputation points on the forum Awarded to members who have more than 1000 posts Awarded to members who won a competition on the forum Awarded to members who have more than 500 posts

My 30 day Activity
0%

Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 09:22:26 PM »

How much material do you want to leach at a time? Do you have an idea of the gold content and the mineralogy of the material to be leached?

What the heck - lets just keep mixin' stuff together till it blows up or smells REALLY bad!

larz_d567

Province/ State: montana

0.00 Nuggets

My 30 day Activity
0%

Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2010, 12:06:54 AM »

there are several tons of ore to be processed. each batch would have to be large enough to be economical but small enough to be efficient. gold content im not sure but it is rich and the ore has freemilling gold but the area it was taken from is known for the micron gold. i need to test it to know for sure and i wont get out there for a few months yet. i know that there are many factors like the type of ore but im trying to get as much info as i can before i go in the field.

-larry in mt
jared

Province/ State: Utah

0.00 Nuggets

My 30 day Activity
0%

Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 10:31:30 PM »

I am currently leaching in a non cyanide method and am starting to make leaching kits that can handle 300 to 400 lbs of ore. I would be glade to help answer any questions.
GollyMrScience
PPT Invited

Canada Canada

0.00 Nuggets

Kudos: 128

Awards Awarded to members who have more than 100 reputation points on the forum Awarded to members who have more than 2000 posts Awarded to members who go above and beyond Awarded to members who have more than 50 reputation points on the forum Awarded to members who have more than 1000 posts Awarded to members who won a competition on the forum Awarded to members who have more than 500 posts

My 30 day Activity
0%

Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2011, 08:01:36 AM »

I have worked with quite a few of the available leach chemistries and am happy to help but some basic understanding of the ore you have to handle will be real handy. Many of the alternatives to cyanide really work better on a concentrated feed if dealing with lower grade ore. Its both an economy thing and a chemistry thing.
When you said you were not interested in dealing with concentrates I took that to mean you wanted to do bulk leaches or heap leach like thousands of tonnes. Reading your follow up posts I see the potential for vat or tank/trickle leaching IF the ore properties and economics will allow.

What the heck - lets just keep mixin' stuff together till it blows up or smells REALLY bad!

sluicemonkey
PPT Invited

Province/ State: CO

0.00 Nuggets

Kudos: 1

My 30 day Activity
0%

Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2011, 01:13:59 PM »

Angus MacKirk Mining sells a small leaching sytem. Suposed to be able to get all the chemicals needed from over the counter type stores. Might be worth looking into.

Will dig for gold!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to: