collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

juu907mcbainchekaracanada

Dot Guests: 185 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 13003
  • stats Total Posts: 130789
  • stats Total Topics: 18301
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Clean Gold Sluice A - Z  (Read 36860 times)

Offline centennial

• Kudos: 1
Re: Clean Gold Sluice A - Z
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2010, 11:46:37 PM »
Heres a link that has some interesting stuff including cleangold vs homemade magnetic sluice vs knelson concentrator. results might suprise you.
Marcello M. Veiga, Associate Professor of University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada, Reducing/Replacing Mercury in ASM Operations

Offline lse138

• Province/State: Fresno, California, USA
  • Kudos: 0
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2010, 10:55:51 PM »
Is this a CleanGold system?

What you are looking at here is a slate table with 2X4's on the side. I believe this one is in use in Oregon for beach gold.

Offline JOE S (INDY)

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Trapper Creek, Alaska with Winters in Idaho
  • Kudos: 79
  • Wiser Mining Through Endless Personal Mistakes
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2011, 07:24:51 PM »
OK VS and Greg,

I too will bite, albeit a year later.

On 07 Jan, 2010 I was contacted by a woman claiming to be “… one of the partners of Cleangold…”.  She further wrote that “… for years now I've watched your comments about us on forums all over the world (which have been neutral to non-supportive).”

Her proposal had a unique twist, in that she had, without any prior contact with me, contacted a very close friend of mine (a world class Gold Forum owner) and had asked that he enter into a three way telephone conference with me.   She wanted to discuss, it would seem, my comments about their company and products, using the presence of my friend (as a …”facilitator…”) to make me ill at ease.  

It didn’t work.  

My comments on their products’ effectiveness had been rather minimal over the years, but my thoughts on the inventor / owner’s Savoir Faire were far less than complementary.  

In addition, two other Gold Mining Forums, belonging to two other friends of mine, had been threatened with defamation lawsuits because some of their members had dared to discuss the Cleangold products in other than glowing terms.  

No way was I going to let that happen to yet another Gold forum owner / friend.

The following email (tidied up to make it more readable) follows:

Hello (the woman, claiming to be one of the partners from Cleangold.)

My opinions on the Cleangold line began with some personal email contacts with David Plath shortly after he aggressively spammed his products on every Gold Mining Forum with which I was familiar.  (At the time I was an active member and contributor to 12 mining forums).

His personal email, replying to a few simple, non invasive questions, fully failed the "attitude test" with me.  His stinging and condescending correspondence left a very bitter taste in my mouth and that entire situation resulted in my choice to have nothing further to do with him, his company or his products.  

I have corresponded with many other miners, over the years who had the same discourteous brush off that I received.

My opinion on the effectiveness of this equipment was initially based upon what research I was able to do prior to having the door slammed in my face.  Subsequent to that encounter, it has been difficult to actually find anyone in my circle of acquaintances who had purchased and used any of those Cleangold Products.

Three weeks ago (December, 2009) I met one of the Cleangold customers – and the product evaluation was “Not so good”.  Expensive, awkward to use, and unhandy to clean up was the gist of the conversation.  That miner's Cleangold sluice was then placed in permanent "storage" in a closet and it wasn't going to ever see the light of day again.

In addition, I wish to make it very clear that my personal thoughts and evaluations of the Cleangold products, which I sometimes post on the internet, are strictly my own.  No public forum is responsible for what I post as my personal opinion.  

I am very familiar with at least two Gold Mining Forums which ban even the mention of “Cleangold” or “David Plath”, and they have done so for quite a while now.  There is a reason for that, and good public relations with David Plath  is certainly not that reason.

I also find it curious that no one from ‘Cleangold’ has replied to any postings on the various forums that you referred to.  Not since the initial flurry of forum activity years ago has there been any direct input from your organization.  

Substantive replies to forum postings, it would seem, are what is needed to clear the air.

To sum up, I wish to decline your offer of a telephone conference, and in fact, any further correspondence with ‘Cleangold’ in the future.  I’m sorry to be so abrupt, but that bad taste of past dealings with David Plath still lingers, even after all this time.

And so, while the Cleangold product might just have some value, I have chosen to turn my back on those products.  As to their effectiveness, well, as I was told, "Not so good".

Joe
Wiser Mining Through Endless Personal Mistakes

Offline the_postman

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2011, 07:01:38 AM »
I agree with Greg.  I think the CleanGold system has enormous potential for capturing fine gold but it should probably used in combination with other riffle systems to capture more coarse gold.  When it isn't practical to classify your material as carefully as you might like to, one approach might be to scalp off the more coarse, heavy stuff with a pinched sluice and then discharge the tails through the CleanGold sluice.  My limited experience with my CleanGold sluice demonstrates its remarkable ability to capture fine gold.  Like any powerful tool, I think it will take time for us to learn how to use the technology properly.  For instance, I'm learning how to weld -- stick-welding is supposed to be simple, right?  Not for me, anyway.  It just takes time to get a feel for it, the same way guys struggle with Action Mining's wave table and I struggled with my centrifuge when I first got it.   These aren't the kinds of things that you can pull off the shelf and run with and expect perfect results right off the bat.

The key operating issue I see is the need for consistent flow of pulp through the sluice.  Running pure water through it for any length of time will wash the gold right out. 

I also agree that Dave's products are fairly priced.  What Dave is selling is a "system" including detailed techniques to optimize the performance of the sluices.  I understand that some people think that he should freely provide all of his product construction details and techniques but Dave threw his whole life into developing these products and processes and the sales of his products in America help him sell his products for lower prices in Third World areas where mercury use is making people seriously ill.   I certainly don't begrudge him making a little money on his product -- this is his livelihood, not his hobby.   By investing a few hundred dollars in CleanGold products, you can get geared up for the same production capacity that you'd spend thousands of dollars on if you invested in shaker tables or centrifuges.  I hope that I'm not sounding preachy but I've gotten to know Dave a little bit in connection with a product purchase and I admire his intelligence, tenacity and his dedication to making the world a healthier place.   I am so grateful to you guys for having a nice, low-key discussion about the merits of his products -- that's one of the things that sets this forum apart from others where people seem to enjoy flaming one another.   

I've got some ideas regarding how to incorporate a feeder and a pinched sluice into the CleanGold system.  Once I get everything put together and tested, I'll share some pictures with you all.  I can tell you this much -- you won't believe what I intend to use for the pinched sluice but once you see it, I think you're going to like it.  I need to make sure it works first before I spout off too much about it.

You guys have a good day and thank you so much for making this a comfortable, supportive forum for people -- even those folks that you might have had disagreements with in the past!  {-applause-}

Eric Treider
Kenai, Alaska

Offline goldmann

• Kudos: 1
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2011, 11:59:22 AM »
CleanGold system is not the only way to avoid mercury in catching down to to about 200 or 300 mesh gold. Also a Popandson sluice, Honcoop HB10 or HB17 sluices, Angus MacKirk's sluices, Le Trap sluice, CA Sluice Box, and G-1 can be used as well.

Offline JOE S (INDY)

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Trapper Creek, Alaska with Winters in Idaho
  • Kudos: 79
  • Wiser Mining Through Endless Personal Mistakes
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2015, 04:51:20 PM »
Postman (E T),

Did you ever find any use for that pinch sluice idea in this Sort of 'Fridge Magnet Type System?

Joe
Wiser Mining Through Endless Personal Mistakes

Offline overtheedge

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 36
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2015, 11:24:22 PM »
I too had an unpleasant conversation with David Plath over the "Cleangold" system. I knew something was phony when I was told that the only way any information about the system would be divulged is if I bought the system. Furthermore there was the implicit threat of court action should I attempt to back engineer and/or tender an opinion about the system.

On another forum I was told by the owner of the forum that I would not be allowed to continue stating anything about the system. I could NOT even speak about the patent.

Further research showed that Mr Plath failed to divulge prior art about the system as patented. In the Popular Mining "Compendium" Vol 1, on page 107, Ernie Wells described the use of magnetic sign material in sluices. Same basic concept as the "Cleangold" system and predated the patent by several years. According to the cover, Vol.1 was for the first 12 issues of Popular Mining which began publishing with issue 1 in Feb. 1984. Issue 12 is dated Jan/Feb 1986.

So the "Cleangold" patent can be contested and whomever does will win. That is how the USPTO does business. Failure to divulge prior art whether accidental or on purpose results in the patent being ruled as invalid.

I stated this and in no way is the forum owner, representatives or readership responsible for my statements. I'm an old soldier and no over the hill surfer dude is going to intimidate me.

eric

Offline overtheedge

• PPT Invited
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2015, 10:51:20 AM »
actionmining.com

Then go to books and look for "BOOK-POPULAR MINING ENCYCLOPEDIA".
You can buy the books (set of 5) or pdf.

Not everything is free. Some folks claim you get what you pay for. Tis been my observation that in many cases, you don't. However I have owned the set for several years and it is well worth the $150USD I paid in spite of the few articles on dowsing. There are some articles by Tom Bryant (The Modern Goldseekers Manual) in it.

eric

Offline overtheedge

• PPT Invited
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2015, 04:25:06 PM »
An update on the prior art not divulged in the Cleangold patent application.

It appears the Popular Mining issue that Ernie Wells gave his magnetic sign material used in sluicing concept in is issue #10. September-October 1985.

I will know for certain as I just found a copy and ordered it.
Should be here in a week or so.

Will keep you all updated with confirmation of the issue if I'm correct. If incorrect, I'll let you all know that as well.

eric

Offline Doug Watson

• Province/State: Hoquiam, WA
  • Kudos: 7
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2015, 09:27:31 PM »
I was going to keep my mouth shut but now I don't have to because Joe pretty much said everything a few posts back!

Gear Pan
Gold Rat