collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 184 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12956
  • stats Total Posts: 129940
  • stats Total Topics: 18175
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Clean Gold Sluice A - Z  (Read 35194 times)

Offline Xplore

• Province/State: BC
  • Kudos: 9
Re: Clean Gold Sluice A - Z
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2019, 09:20:00 PM »
@goldivanti - I appreciate you sharing your stories and tests with the GPEX community! Thank you for doing that, and please continue to do so.

To my knowledge, there has been zero engineering in terms of gold prospecting that has gone in to vortex matting - a fancy label for conveyor belt matting.

Thousands of hours of engineering into the Gold Cube, yes absolutely. Gold hog mats, definitely.

But not vortex matting / conveyor belt matting itself (other than prospectors making various sluice contraptions and doing R&D / engineering for sluices that USE vortex matting).

North Vancouver, BC

Offline goldivanti

• Province/State: Geita
  • Kudos: 3
  • Go and get gold now!
    • Start Your Own Gold Mine
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2019, 06:45:13 AM »
Thousands of hours of engineering into the Gold Cube, yes absolutely. Gold hog mats, definitely.

Gold Cube uses same conveyor belt surface. I don't know what is engineered there really, it uses old patents and conveyor belt, it has modern looks, and is promoted well. Gold Cube is for 1 tonne per hour, and people modify it all the time.

It looks like many wish to replace conveyor belt with Dream Mat.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=gold+cube+dream+mat&page=&utm_source=opensearch
Start Your Own Gold Mine
https://www.startyourowngoldmine.com

Offline johnedoe

• Kudos: 10
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2019, 10:30:25 AM »
I will stick with, deep V mat, sawtooth mat, and cleangold sluice magnetic mats.
The vortex mat collects too much vegetable matter which affects the mats efficiency.

As to deep V mat... I put it on the slick plate of the gold cube. I also run it in my beach sluice before the cleangold which is at the end of the sluice.
https://youtu.be/qs1D6OfvD48

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 130
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2019, 07:45:46 PM »
Do any of you actually know what Vortex is?And how it works.I Know but please explain your version.Seems to be a lot of confusion here.Go back to basics.What settles gold out of the stream and deposits it behind large rocks or slightly down stream of large rocks?Will not be magnets I am sure.When I refer to vortex matt.I refer to matt that is desinghed to repilicate the stream bed.The vortex action of the mat will actually pull gold back into the riffles and keep it there.Conveyor belt and deep V will not do this.Just saying.Luck ,Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline johnedoe

« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2019, 10:29:46 PM »
I am familiar with vortexes but the conversation when that is mentioned has come to be the conveyor belting used in the Gold cube ....... Particularly in this thread anyway.
As to deep V and magnetics I use those in a very specific situation and that is beach mining. They work extremely well in recovering the fine beach gold. Also on the beach I have very little classifying to do since it is sand with the occasional small pebble or some vegetable matter as well as the small chunks of driftwood. I use a high banker setup and that eliminates those little issues.
As you can see from the vid linked below the Deep V mat works very well.   https://youtu.be/qs1D6OfvD48

I know you have extremely fine gold in your area but I think my sluice system would work just fine in your ground. Would love to come and give it a try but I don't think they would let me into BC. I have a little history.

Offline johnedoe

« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2019, 10:17:10 PM »
Hi.J.D.I do not care how you slice it but the Cube is a finishing tool.I am talking production.Will your cube process 2 yards of unclassified material a day.Of course not it has to be classified down to 1/8 and that takes many hours.I am talking gold hogg or keenes in a high banker. using either of the above matts both work well.I can process up to 2 yards real fast without classifing..I shovel direct into the highbanker.At the end of the day i will have a good panful of cons.This is what the cube is designded for.To clean your cons.I still do not like the cube.I find the gold hogg washer matt worksd better. and at the end of the day the mats in the cube are just carpet.But seem to work in the cube.I personaly can see no use for a cube.Just saying.Luck.Mcbain.

I agree with you about the cube being better as a finishing tool.... Not sure where you got the idea that I thought it was a production tool. And I think you saw my vid using it as a cleanup tool.
In a beach situation where there is only sand and no larger aggregate the cube can process about a 1000 lbs an hour. The 2 1/2 gallons of concentrates I cleaned in the vid took a little over 2 minutes ... So in reality that is better than a 1000 lbs. an hour given what a gallon of sluice cons  weighs.

Also not sure how we got sidetracked to the cube when we were talking about the cleangold sluice.
I know there has been a lot of controversy about it but it does have a place and it does work quiet well in it's appropriate application. I have a section of it at the end of my beach sluice. Above it I have deep V mat and sawtooth mat.

As to classifying..... My beach sluice high banker does the same as your gold hog high banker.... I shovel into the hopper and as the material is washed the oversized is classified out over the screen and all the sized material falls through to the sluice to be processed.

Offline johnedoe

« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2019, 08:13:36 PM »
Goldivanti.....

Thank you for sharing your experiences .... These are great.

I use cleangold at the end of my beach sluice .. The gold from our beach sands is also extremely fine -100 mesh and below, -300.

Please continue sharing your experiences here.

Offline johnedoe

« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2019, 06:11:10 PM »
Well now that the patent is no longer in force I was hoping this thread would get on with some good conversation regarding magnetic mat sluices. Be it Cleangold or home made .

Offline JOE S (INDY)

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Trapper Creek, Alaska with Winters in Idaho
  • Kudos: 71
  • Wiser Mining Through Endless Personal Mistakes
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2019, 09:19:54 PM »
I'm trying, bit by bit, to learn more about extremely fine Gold recovery.  Over the years I have learned quite a bit - but mostly I learned that I have a long way to go.   <-laugh->

One awkwardness I see with the magnetic material firmly adhered to the sluice floor is that scrape-outs (clean-outs) are a bit unhandy. 

I would think that if stronger magnetic properties could be used the magnetic lines of force would be able to penetrate through a thin (say Stainless Steel) over cover and at the clean-out time just raise the Stainless Steel away from the magnetic material (like removing old style carpet) and wash away the concentrates into a container. 

The dynamics of water, magnets and Magnetite are sometimes hard to work with.
Wiser Mining Through Endless Personal Mistakes

Offline johnedoe

« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2019, 11:10:17 PM »
Hey Joe.
You have seen my sluice so you will understand what I m about to describe.
You are absolutely correct in that the clean outs are less than perfect by using a bondo spatula or putty knife.
So I tried a sheet of heavy visqueen and lined the whole sluice under my sawtooth and deep V which precedes the cleangold section.
The visqueen then goes over the top of the magnetic sheeting .... Cleanup is now just removing the sawtooth and deep V mats and then the visqueen..... rinse in a bucket , reinstall and your off and running again.

Gear Pan
Gold Rat