collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

WoodspiritBill_CarsonBTS

Dot Guests: 222 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 1

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 13068
  • stats Total Posts: 131919
  • stats Total Topics: 18428
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Mining Claims
Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Micro Flood Gold  (Read 87759 times)

Offline GPEX admin

• Administrator
  • Province/State: Hope, BC Canada
  • Kudos: 52
  • Larry
    • GPEX Gold And Platinum Explorations
Re: Micro Flood Gold
« Reply #130 on: January 16, 2010, 12:00:46 AM »
Seems the deeper this gets the more I fall back to that which I originally suggested, in that I don’t overly feel this proposed competition could be a feasible thing.  There’s just too many variables to attempt to fit into one equation.  It is just far too complicated.  And in the end I don’t think any piece of equipment would capture a fair shake.  The thread now, is almost reciprocating back and forth in an atmosphere of competitive product advertising.  Taking all factors into consideration, it would be my proposal we simply fall back to the original platform of examining the different types of recovery systems and how they work best under varied applications.  As said, what may be optimum for one project may not necessarily be so for another.  The reward would be (for all) a better understanding what the various types of recovery systems are capable of delivering and our options on possibly how to better tailor them to accommodate our own specific projects.

Being as the matter of the topic has strayed so far off base, in a sense, I'd like to hear other's opinions......
Somebody said that it couldn't be done
But he with a chuckle replied
That maybe it couldn't but he wouldn't be one
Who'd say so until he had tried.

Offline sluicedog

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: BC
  • Kudos: 1
« Reply #131 on: January 16, 2010, 01:44:27 AM »
In my opinion...a total waste of energy.
It could never be worked out  :o
Too many variables,,,,lets move on to more constructive things  ^#!
Or...let me know when you are done with this and I might come back to the Forum.
Read your history...prospectors don't share jack squatt.....why?

Offline NickMarch

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 7
« Reply #132 on: January 16, 2010, 06:11:47 AM »

I'm out of this competition.  It's way to complicated and I really don't want my stuff out in public just yet.   

Offline GPEX admin

• Administrator
  • Larry
« Reply #133 on: January 16, 2010, 09:24:27 AM »
Mr. Bill Carson and others - -

........ might we seek the general consensus toward abandoning the aspect of an equipment contest.  In all essence, it clearly appears we are going down a dead end road, as it would be impossible to duplicate circumstances for the varied equipment, and in being fair to all, from all across the globe.  Good merit, just not workable.  The only way in which it could work is for each contestant to submit one of their recovery units for independent evaluation by the same unbiased individual.  Only that way could all conditions and ore materials then be duplicated.

It would be my contention that we get back to the original context of micro fine gold recovery, and if others so agree, being as Dave is not here to help me, I will attempt to divide this thread, leaving the micro recovery posts in the original thread while creating a new topic and moving these ‘contest’ posts into such a thread all of its own.  I would really like to hear your opinions before taking such measures upon myself..... primarily from those who have already posted responses here.

Comments, please?

Online Bill_Carson

• Kudos: 3
    • The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly
« Reply #134 on: January 16, 2010, 09:27:34 AM »
Hi Larry,

What might be a more PRACTICAL approach than a contest may be a series of micro Gold equipment profiles ... as a rough idea, this concept could be done along the lines as to how the automotive industry tests new vehicle models each year, or how "consumer reports" magazine tests products and unbiasedly reports the results.

The profiles/tests could be restricted to machines which are clearly designed to specialize in micro gold recovery (so we dont waste our times).

Using a "profile", "road test", or "consumer reports" type approach would also take the pressure off of adhering to a tighter schedule ... the inventors can bring their machines forward when they are ready, as opposed to being rushed to meet deadlines.

IE: Consumer Reports: Expert product reviews and product Ratings from our test labs

There are 2 types of people in this world my friend; those with loaded guns, and those who dig.

Offline GPEX admin

• Administrator
  • Larry
« Reply #135 on: January 16, 2010, 10:08:13 AM »
What might be a more PRACTICAL approach than a contest may be a series of micro Gold equipment profiles ... as a rough idea, this concept could be done along the lines as to how the automotive industry tests new vehicle models each year, or how "consumer reports" magazine tests products and unbiasedly reports the results.

The profiles/tests could be restricted to machines which are clearly designed to specialize in micro gold recovery (so we dont waste our times).

Using a "profile", "road test", or "consumer reports" type approach would also take the pressure off of adhering to a tighter schedule ... the inventors can bring their machines forward when they are ready, as opposed to being rushed to meet deadlines.

That sounds a bit more feasible.  And it would work well for all other types of mining related equipment, apparatuses and processes.  All under the same parent roof but broken down into the varied classifications, depending on the type of equipment evaluated.  So be it, the “Placer Miners Reports” is now born.  From there we can build.  I have just now secured the .com and .ca domains for such.  When Dave returns to the airways, I’ll see if he can set this up accordingly.

Great Idea !!   {-applause-}  [-1st-]

Offline GPEX admin

• Administrator
  • Larry
« Reply #136 on: January 16, 2010, 10:14:16 AM »
Now - - tell me guys and gals, being as all this contest chatter has somewhat consumed or otherwise high jacked this ever-so-important micro gold thread, would you feel comfortable if I simply did away with the “contest-related posts” so as to realign the thread accordingly?

Offline NickMarch

• PPT Invited
« Reply #137 on: January 16, 2010, 10:14:54 AM »
My opinion...

Skip the contest.

Anyone interested can do a "Show and Tell" or "Showcase" type thing showing features, efficiency, costs, ease of use, ect.  Sort of like an online trade show of methods, equipment, ect.  At some later date (scheduled date or not) someone with authority such as Larry can make a poll listing each item and let the members decide what they like best.  No prize!

Offline NickMarch

• PPT Invited
« Reply #138 on: January 16, 2010, 10:16:20 AM »
Now - - tell me guys and gals, being as all this contest chatter has somewhat consumed or otherwise high jacked this ever-so-important micro gold thread, would you feel comfortable if I simply did away with the “contest-related posts” so as to be realign the thread accordingly?

Sounds good to me.

Online Bill_Carson

• Kudos: 3
    • The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly
« Reply #139 on: January 16, 2010, 10:20:13 AM »
You can cut my contest posts... since we're going in a different direction now.

Maybe keep them up for another 2 - 3 days ... just so whoever is gone for the weekend, can get caught up on Monday, and not be confused as to why we are going in a different direction.
There are 2 types of people in this world my friend; those with loaded guns, and those who dig.

Gear Pan
Gold Rat