collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 114 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12977
  • stats Total Posts: 130236
  • stats Total Topics: 18221
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Micro Flood Gold  (Read 84901 times)

Offline NickMarch

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 7
Re: Micro Flood Gold
« Reply #100 on: January 15, 2010, 05:25:31 PM »
How about buckets of classed aggregate, as many as you can take from the same central spot, and put through your concentrator for 2 hours. Everybody gets the same stuff to process. The contestant must do any necessary final classification to get it ready for their device. At the end of the 2 hours, count the buckets for each contestant, and see what they recovered by having the judge pan the cons. Then the results could be put through the math.

I'm in NJ and have no location for gold to work.  I was planning on using my two bucket method.  Two buckets plus a cost of about $2 and 5 minutes to make.  I'd have to bring out the big guns!  Doing volume with the big guns in a two hour period wouldn't be fair to most I'd have no chance to lose.   ;)

Offline willthedancer

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Portland OR, USA
  • Kudos: 6
  • All my hair fell through.
« Reply #101 on: January 15, 2010, 05:26:30 PM »
Larry, thats why i said count the buckets at the end of the 2 hours. Then you know what was pushed through the device within the time limit.  As to classing, how about preclassed to 1". I would end up classing to 1/4 at that point, and would not want to be given any unfair advantage that way. No one I have seen here will be able to keep up as it is, not and hold anything. The longer the run, the better the test will be, but attention span for observers is a limiting factor. Most guys will be willing to sit through a couple of hours.
Naps are wasted on toddlers, only an adult can appreciate them. Looking for mine now.

Offline willthedancer

• PPT Invited
« Reply #102 on: January 15, 2010, 05:34:02 PM »
How about buckets of classed aggregate, as many as you can take from the same central spot, and put through your concentrator for 2 hours. Everybody gets the same stuff to process. The contestant must do any necessary final classification to get it ready for their device. At the end of the 2 hours, count the buckets for each contestant, and see what they recovered by having the judge pan the cons. Then the results could be put through the math.

I'm in NJ and have no location for gold to work.  I was planning on using my two bucket method.  Two buckets plus a cost of about $2 and 5 minutes to make.  I'd have to bring out the big guns!  Doing volume with the big guns in a two hour period wouldn't be fair to most I'd have no chance to lose.   ;)

I proposed to make this a test of cost benefit anaysis. Material moved in a set time is a factor, but so are the installation and maintenance costs, and especially the time required to have the device pay for itself. I might not even be in the running for best of show here, as a gold pan is 2 orders of magnitude less expensive, but 2 orders less material moves with it as well. Who knows???
Naps are wasted on toddlers, only an adult can appreciate them. Looking for mine now.

Offline GPEX admin

• Administrator
  • Province/State: Hope, BC Canada
  • Kudos: 52
  • Larry
    • GPEX Gold And Platinum Explorations
« Reply #103 on: January 15, 2010, 05:35:45 PM »
On second thought, I suppose hand held equipment should also be in this contest... though they may be at a disadvantage when it comes to volume.  Is the objective not to determine which would be the best type of equipment for the varied types of applications.... and that which would deliver the better returns during normal work applications.  Personally, I can see that a certain type of equipment might be good for s certain type of ore matter, where it may not fair out the best for another. ????????
Somebody said that it couldn't be done
But he with a chuckle replied
That maybe it couldn't but he wouldn't be one
Who'd say so until he had tried.

Offline Bill_Carson

• Kudos: 3
    • The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly
« Reply #104 on: January 15, 2010, 05:41:16 PM »
>>>> On second thought, I suppose hand held equipment should also be in this contest <<<<<

Yes, the contest should be open to all equipment ... who knows, somebody might make a large kick-a$$ high volume hand operated Miller Table for under $300, that, for the price, blows everything else out of the water.

There are 2 types of people in this world my friend; those with loaded guns, and those who dig.

Offline Bill_Carson

« Reply #105 on: January 15, 2010, 05:43:14 PM »
>>>>> 2 hours of run time ought to give a fair idea. <<<<<<

The 2 hours should include the set-up time as well, IMO.
There are 2 types of people in this world my friend; those with loaded guns, and those who dig.

Offline NickMarch

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 7
« Reply #106 on: January 15, 2010, 05:44:12 PM »
It's a tough call.  My opinion...

Anything goes!  The people voting can view videos and decide.  I'm assuming that they will vote fairly and base their decisions on all factors.  Cost, speed, volume, originality, setup effectivness, work involved, time and effort ect.  Vote for what they would use and/or want and/or be able to afford.

It's a tough call!

Offline willthedancer

• PPT Invited
« Reply #107 on: January 15, 2010, 05:45:21 PM »
On second thought, I suppose hand held equipment should also be in this contest... though they may be at a disadvantage when it comes to volume.  Is the objective not to determine which would be the best type of equipment for the varied types of applications.... and that which would deliver the better returns during normal work applications.  Personally, I can see that a certain type of equipment might be good for s certain type of ore matter, where it may not fair out the best for another. ????????

I am pleased to let the rest of you to decide what the aggregate should be. I do not care. I would only ask that the gold be fairly small, since this thread is about micro flood gold. Give me black sand,  sand bar agg, whatever. This thread is about what you find on a sandbar in a waterway.

Offline Bill_Carson

« Reply #108 on: January 15, 2010, 05:46:06 PM »
>>>>> Vote for what they would use and/or want and/or be able to afford. <<<<<<

Thats along the lines of what I was thinking.

Offline willthedancer

• PPT Invited
« Reply #109 on: January 15, 2010, 05:48:00 PM »
To be fair, this needs to happen in person, all together on the same playing field, with the impartial judge panning the cons to see what comes of it. i would be pleased to drive up to BC to do it.

Gear Pan
Gold Rat