collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 218 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 13016
  • stats Total Posts: 131021
  • stats Total Topics: 18328
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Mining Claims
Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Micro Flood Gold  (Read 86455 times)

Offline NickMarch

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 7
Re: Micro Flood Gold
« Reply #60 on: January 06, 2010, 05:16:35 PM »
Alpha are you saying you are working with a selective coagulant? Doesn't fit my understanding of the fish oil process. I'm all ears.

GollyMrScience,

I'm not using any selective coagulant, Any coagulant for metals will work.  There are coagulants that will work with oil and metal but I prefer to use soap to emulsify/breakdown the oil and then use a clay based (dry) coagulant.  It's bio degradable.  Any water treatment supply house would have something that can be used.

Before any of you try this keep in mind that fish oil usually contains iodine that must be evaporated out.  If you don't evaporate it out it may desolve the gold.

Nick

Offline Guest

• New user
  • Province/State: bc
  • Kudos: 1
« Reply #61 on: January 06, 2010, 07:40:04 PM »
Nick,

I'm a little confused, now I get the part of using an floation process with fish oil to capture the micro gold particules and then flushing the overburden type material out of the 55 gallon container in the on going process, sort of makes sense, using the fish oil to catch the gold and float it in suspension then scrap it out and refine it, by I'm guessing smelting or leaching it, not real sure how the iodine in fish oil would dissolve the gold in the slurry as you say your running the slurry through at a rate of what 3-5 gallons per min-hour? or some what faster than panning.  Okay now iodine leaching is a process that most of us have heard of, but the from what I've been able to ascertain is that while gold or platinum can be dissolved by iodine the process is fairly long, some where in the area of 24 to 48 hours to dissolve gold and then it depends on the PH levels as to how fast the disolving process is, so couldn't you just lower the PH level and not have to worry about the iodine in the fish oil, just be able to scrap the mess out and send it away...........Guest

Curious, what would be the percentage of iodine in fish oil, I have been under the impression that the only commericial method of iodine extraction was from seaweed...

Offline NickMarch

• PPT Invited
« Reply #62 on: January 06, 2010, 08:16:36 PM »
greywolf,

Iodine in the fish oil I use is...

Iodine Value (Wijs) Range of 170 - 200  I don't have a clue what a Wijs is?  But I do know that nanometer sized gold is about as tiny as something can get.  One micron = 2000 nanometers. 

I have let a pump run for hours at a time.  At times up to 30 gallons a minute.  Until I rinse down/emulsify/break down the oil with soap the gold is in the oil.  It wouldn't take much iodine to put those tiny nanometer particles onto solution.  Iodine in low concentrations actually leaches gold very quickly.  Gold Leaching With IODINE | .

Offline Guest

• New user
  • Province/State: bc
« Reply #63 on: January 06, 2010, 08:47:31 PM »
Okay did a little checking   now with your     Iodine Value (Wijs) Range of 170 - 200    which is actually real close to 1 grams of iodine to 100 ml of solution so rogh a 1/100 mixture of 1% solution, gold needs a minumin of a 7 percent solution to dissolve , and as you are continuously flushing with a water and slurry mixture wondering what the concern would be will 1% iodine in the oil???....................Guest

Offline NickMarch

• PPT Invited
« Reply #64 on: January 06, 2010, 09:08:50 PM »
Greywolf,

I do not know why the link I posted goes to a page not found.  It is the correct link.  Maybe the site has hot link protection or something that stops people from linking to their site.  Search yahoo for... gold leaching iodine  and read the page it should be the first result.

You could also try/test it yourself!  Split a hose into two and pump the same sediment into two seperate barrels for an hour.  Then see how much gold you get to drop with a coagulant.  Guaranteed there will be much less in the barrel that has iodine.  I know because the first time I pumped I had little to nothing that dropped with the coagulant.  I had visible gold in the oil that dropped after washing with soap but little to nothing from the coagulant.  Backtracking I noticed that there was iodine in the fish oil and called the company to see if it could be removed.  It could, I did and like magic I had gold sludge dropping when I used the coagulant.  It was the iodine disolving the invisible/suspended tiniest particles of gold.

Offline sluicedog

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: BC
« Reply #65 on: January 06, 2010, 09:49:59 PM »
Where do you buy fish oil...how much a gallon is it?
What type of fish...oil ?
So when I eat Tuna...it's full of mercury  <~ShOcK~>
When I eat Salmon..same thing ...mercury.  <~ShOcK~>
Where is all of the Iodine coming from?

So...if Iodine eats gold
       and Mercury eats gold

What happens when Iodine and Mercury are together....?   <~ShOcK~>    Any Chemists on the Forum?  <-dont~know->

Offline The Fossicker

• CGPF Sponsor
« Reply #66 on: January 06, 2010, 10:47:04 PM »
Howdy All,
Okay, I now have sometime to answer some of the questions. The first one is the patent number to Cleangold. #5,927,508. The reference to Cleangold in the Global Mercury Project is there and I'll try to get that reference for you to look up. I don't understand that some of you are not finding Cleangold information on the web. I will see if I can make a list in the future. Golly Mr. Science has it right about the economy of a system matching the situation. I have seen a lot of folks put the cart before the horse and in mining it happens a lot. Centrifuges are expensive and correct me if I'm wrong, they don't perform well in murky water. I tried one in Africa, but didn't run it enough to fully understand how efficient it was. In the near future I will be making a video showing some aspects of the Cleangold System. I would also like to say that this system is successfully being used by many miners all over the world and it is getting bigger every day. I find humor in some of you guys thinking that because the technology is fairly straight forward that all you have to do is go out and buy magnetic sheet and you got this baby nailed - this includes the transparent sheet idea on the sluice set up. The technology is only as good as the techniques that make it work as it should. Look at it this way, if someone gave you a Sluice design and how to build it, do you think you could take the Sluice down to the river and get it to perform as it should if you didn't understand the techniques to do it.? The Cleangold System is the same. As I said before, David Plath spent 15 years perfecting the techniques that make it work and work well. Don't you think he deserves to be rewarded for his hard earned efforts by buying his equipment and letting him teach you in his technology? Sometimes when I'm demonstrating the Pyramid Pro Pan at the Gold Shows I'll hear someone in the crowd say "I can build one of those myself." Perhaps they can though without me showing them the techniques, they'll never get it to work correctly even though it is fairly straight forward. If you intend to try to duplicate his system and I see that some of you already have, why should he give you his techniques so that you can deny him his due rewards? Just keep this in mind - if you try to duplicate this system and can't get it to perform the way it should, don't go crying that the system is a failure or doesn't work very well. It is you that would be the problem. All that being said, I will get some more information for you to look over, but don't be asking me for his techniques. If you want some of that, come see me at the GoldShows and buy some of his equipment, then I'll get you going in the right direction with this simple yet highly interesting technology. Cheers.

The Fossicker
Pyramid Pro Pan" width="468" height="60" border="0

honeyman76

« Reply #67 on: January 07, 2010, 08:05:44 AM »
I see that the Clean Gold System has a few different price ranges. Which would you suggest for the hobbiest?

Offline NickMarch

• PPT Invited
« Reply #68 on: January 07, 2010, 01:07:38 PM »
I took some of the gold I got using oil and made a short video.  It shows gold floating.  You can see just how tiny some of the particles are.

Some of the gold looks larger than it really is.  It must be due to magnification thru the bottle.  

YouTube
            - Micron Microscopic Gold Floating

Offline Mr. K

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #69 on: January 07, 2010, 09:09:09 PM »
Guys I have got to tell you I am so impressed with the level of intelligence on this forum! I thought I was kind of smart-huh. I feel very intimidated at this point. Down right dumb,
But enough of that.

Fossicker; I have looked at the cleangold sluices on your site and at a gold show a while back. From a distance I thought it was kind of like a Blue plastic mini Miller table idea. Guess I was wrong.
So with out giving away trade secrets or anything could you please explain for us dummies just what the thing is and basically how it works?
You see here in my area of the world the gold runs very fine but there seems to be a lot of it. I have looked at US prospectors S-1 finishing sluice and several other silly things but I need a method to recover fine gold from cons that does not cost me more than I could ever recover with it.
Links or Videos would help.
If not I understand and look forward to seeing you in Salem this year.

Gear Pan
Gold Rat