collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dhodgins

Dot Guests: 273 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12961
  • stats Total Posts: 129983
  • stats Total Topics: 18180
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Micro Flood Gold  (Read 84178 times)

Offline Guest

• New user
  • Province/State: bc
  • Kudos: 1
Re: Micro Flood Gold
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2010, 09:59:14 PM »
What da,   WHAT DA <-dont~know-> was Dhat.........Guest

Offline Guest

• New user
  • Province/State: bc
  • Kudos: 1
« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2010, 06:22:49 AM »
I was hoping that Fossicker would have a video of the cleangold sluice, would like to see this puppyin action, anything to make life simpler <-good_>.....Guest

Offline GollyMrScience

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Near Edmonton Alberta
  • Kudos: 160
« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2010, 06:53:34 AM »
The fish oil approach is using the principles of floatation and adsorption. If its working for ya thats great!
Would need a pretty darn rich deposit to pay though. It would be neat to see it in action.
I have worked with standard floatation for hardrock and would never consider even trying it on bank run placer materials  - too much of a pain. Too many variables and even if using pine oil too expensive. On the adsorption side there is a neat invention using specialty adsorptive beads that is agitated in a slurry to grab gold, platinum and diamonds selectively from the suspended slurry. I worked with the inventor of that technology on platinum and gold recovery. Very cool to look at them under a microscope after they have gathered a bunch of super fine gold on the surface.
One thing about oil adsorption is that it will grab gold so fine that gravity concentrators don't stand a chance of catching any meaningful amount of it. The oil doesn't care about the weight or specific gravity so if the particle is adsorptive it will grab it. There must be a lower cutoff in size but I don't know what that is - it would be down where microscopic meets "stupid tiny" I expect. 
I was doing some research with a group using adsorptive films to grab gold in nanoparticle sizes. Those particles were in the 10 to 20 atoms in size. I would not expect that technology to be showing up in a sluicebox ay time soon.  <-laugh->
What the heck - lets just keep mixin' stuff together till it blows up or smells REALLY bad!

Offline NickMarch

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 7
« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2010, 07:07:37 AM »
GollyMrScience,

You don't need a pretty darn rich deposit but it would be nice! When you pump sediment/water into the tank in a fraction of a second you are processing more material than anyone can pan in a few minutes.  In an hour it will process more material than anyone could pan in a month.  You use a coagulant to bind and collect the gold.

Coagulation is the destabilization of colloids by neutralizing the forces that keep them apart.  Cationic coagulants provide positive electric charges to reduce the negative charge (zeta potential) of the colloids.  As a result, the particles collide to form larger particles (flocs).  Rapid mixing is required to disperse the coagulant throughout the liquid.  Care must be taken not to overdose the coagulants as this can cause a complete charge reversal and restabilize the colloid complex.

Flocculation, is the action of polymers to form bridges between the flocs. and bind the particles into large agglomerates or clumps.  Bridging occurs when segments of the polymer chain adsorb on different particles and help particles aggregate.  An anionic flocculant will react against a positively charged suspension, adsorbing on the particles and causing destabilization either by bridging or charge neutralization.  In this process it is essential that the flocculating agent be added by slow and gentle mixing to allow for contact between the small flocs and to agglomerate them into larger particles.  The newly formed agglomerated particles are quite fragile and can be broken apart by shear forces during mixing.  Care must also be taken to not overdose the polymer as doing so will cause settling/clarification problems.  Anionic polymers themselves are lighter than water.  As a result, increasing the dosage will increase the tendency of the floc to float and not settle.

Once suspended particles are flocculated into larger particles, they can usually be removed from the liquid by sedimentation, provided that a sufficient density difference exists between the suspended matter and the liquid.  Such particles can also be removed or separated by media filtration, straining or floatation.  When a filtering process is used, the addition of a flocculant may not be required since the particles formed by the coagulation reaction may be of sufficient size to allow removal.  The flocculation reaction not only increases the size of the floc particles to settle them faster, but also affects the physical nature of the floc, making these particles less gelatinous and thereby easier to dewater.

Offline NickMarch

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 7
« Reply #54 on: January 06, 2010, 12:00:28 PM »
I went to check the cleangold website but their hosting account is suspended. 

The cleangold sluice more than likely uses the same or material similar to magnetic signs.  Magnetking.com has some blank magnetic sign material in rolls.  It sure looks the same as cleangold sluice material. 

My thought is that if it works it would be on youtube and other video sites for people to see it working. 

Is there any better advertisement than one that shows a product working?

Offline garyww

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Napa, California
  • Kudos: 14
    • Gold Country Outfitters
« Reply #55 on: January 06, 2010, 12:43:31 PM »
The Cleangold systems seems to come and go and the product seems to move from site to site but their sluices do work so this isn't a scam operation but just a mom and pop type endeavor so bear with the makers until they get a permanant home.

Offline johanssonsan

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Marsta Sweden
  • Kudos: 8
« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2010, 01:16:04 PM »
A few seconds Cleangold....

cleangold in suriname

More to read:

home

Offline GollyMrScience

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Near Edmonton Alberta
  • Kudos: 160
« Reply #57 on: January 06, 2010, 02:34:45 PM »
Alpha are you saying you are working with a selective coagulant? Doesn't fit my understanding of the fish oil process. I'm all ears.
What the heck - lets just keep mixin' stuff together till it blows up or smells REALLY bad!

Offline johanssonsan

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Marsta Sweden
  • Kudos: 8
« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2010, 03:59:00 PM »
This is a way of using magnetism in a Eldorado sluice. Two layers of magnetic sign material on a slick plate covered with one layer of clear film. Makes it easy to lift of the clear film and take care of the black sand.

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/26797369.jpg

honeyman76

« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2010, 04:02:25 PM »
Awesome Idea Johanssonan! I might have to give this a go this year!

Gear Pan
Gold Rat