collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

ponchovfscooter

Dot Guests: 136 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 1

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 13002
  • stats Total Posts: 130772
  • stats Total Topics: 18300
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Micro Flood Gold  (Read 86154 times)

Offline NickMarch

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 7
Re: Micro Flood Gold
« Reply #90 on: January 15, 2010, 04:31:37 PM »
May I suggest that this contest shoud be by using hand made equipment only no store bought equipment, with a limit of $100. for materials.
Remember we Prospectors are a cheap bunch  ;D

I don't know about hand made or home made.  Larry was talking about fossikers two products and how good they worked.  Pretty hard to beat but I'd like to include them.  I'd like to try to beat products that work so well.  Wouldn't you?  Nothing better than beating something good. 

Offline willthedancer

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Portland OR, USA
  • Kudos: 6
  • All my hair fell through.
« Reply #91 on: January 15, 2010, 04:50:41 PM »
I wanna take a swing at it too, with my sweetheart. It will qualify for made at home since I made it in my garage, but it will not meet the 100$ price cap. Since it is a prototype, I made it with as much surplus material as I could, so the cost is under 500 USD.

You guys may not want me in this one, as my baby probably will kick butt. 'Twer up to me I'd make it a time limit run with a comparison for volume processed, Gold retained, installation and maintenance costs, time required to pay for itself in a given situation, and ease of use. Only the ease of use would be subjective, the rest is simple math, and figures don't lie.
Naps are wasted on toddlers, only an adult can appreciate them. Looking for mine now.

Offline NickMarch

• PPT Invited
« Reply #92 on: January 15, 2010, 04:54:36 PM »
I wanna take a swing at it too, with my sweetheart. It will qualify for made at home since I made it in my garage, but it will not meet the 100$ price cap. Since it is a prototype, I made it with as much surplus material as I could, so the cost is under 500 USD.

You guys may not want me in this one, as my baby probably will kick butt. 'Twer up to me I'd make it a time limit run with a comparison for volume processed, Gold retained, installation and maintenance costs, time required to pay for itself in a given situation, and ease of use. Only the ease of use would be subjective, the rest is simple math, and figures don't lie.

I'm all for allowing willthedancer in anyone else? 

Will I think someone said something about set or the same amount of material for everyone. 

Offline willthedancer

• PPT Invited
« Reply #93 on: January 15, 2010, 04:57:25 PM »
I want a time limit run, no quantity limit.
Naps are wasted on toddlers, only an adult can appreciate them. Looking for mine now.

Offline Bill_Carson

• Kudos: 3
    • The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly
« Reply #94 on: January 15, 2010, 05:03:28 PM »
I'm all for allowing ANYBODY into the contest ... which would include willthedancer, or anyone else... becuase, as I mentioned before, the mega-dollar machines wouldn't get my vote anyways ... some of the things important to me when casting my vote will be;

* low cost,
* decent production (doesn't have to be the highest volume machine),
* low maintenance,
* easy transportability,
* easy to operate.
There are 2 types of people in this world my friend; those with loaded guns, and those who dig.

Offline GPEX admin

• Administrator
  • Province/State: Hope, BC Canada
  • Kudos: 52
  • Larry
    • GPEX Gold And Platinum Explorations
« Reply #95 on: January 15, 2010, 05:04:42 PM »
Donít know if youíre biting off more than can be chewed Bill_Carson, as it seems that it would be hard to evaluate the varied apparatusí unless all of them were tested under the exacting same conditions, with the same ore matter and the exact same amounts.  Unless of course, someone would take the same mix around to all contestants (the same gravel/soil and the gold). With the recovery being measured by the same independent observer.  It will surely take a bit of head-work to get it set up properly, so being as this idea is your puppy, youíre elected.

Per the mention of the pans Dave found good for recovery, I think any such contest ought to be targeting equipment that is capable of working larger volumes of ground, thus, excluding hand-held equipment.  Just my thoughts.

If you get it set up where it would be fair and equal, Iíll toss in my $100
Somebody said that it couldn't be done
But he with a chuckle replied
That maybe it couldn't but he wouldn't be one
Who'd say so until he had tried.

Offline NickMarch

• PPT Invited
« Reply #96 on: January 15, 2010, 05:08:12 PM »
Will,

You mean a time limit like 10 minutes?  That would probably knock fossicker out.

Or how much material you can process in XX amount of time?  That would knock fossicker out.

We'll all have to come to a happy medium or just make it everything goes.  After all, there are many methods and each has their strong point.  Each method could be judged on it's own merits.  

Suggestions?

Offline willthedancer

• PPT Invited
« Reply #97 on: January 15, 2010, 05:11:50 PM »
How about buckets of classed aggregate, as many as you can take from the same central spot, and put through your concentrator for 2 hours. Everybody gets the same stuff to process. The contestant must do any necessary final classification to get it ready for their device. At the end of the 2 hours, count the buckets for each contestant, and see what they recovered by having the judge pan the cons. Then the results could be put through the math.

Offline willthedancer

• PPT Invited
« Reply #98 on: January 15, 2010, 05:15:14 PM »
Will,

You mean a time limit like 10 minutes?  That would probably knock fossicker out.

Or how much material you can process in XX amount of time?  That would knock fossicker out.

We'll all have to come to a happy medium or just make it everything goes.  After all, there are many methods and each has their strong point.  Each method could be judged on it's own merits.  

Suggestions?

I certainly woud not like to exclude anyone in this contest. 2 hours of run time ought to give a fair idea.

Offline GPEX admin

• Administrator
  • Province/State: Hope, BC Canada
  • Kudos: 52
  • Larry
    • GPEX Gold And Platinum Explorations
« Reply #99 on: January 15, 2010, 05:18:36 PM »
If testing the same ground, I think the rate (speed) ought to be a factor too.  Say two are equal in recovery ability, but how long it takes would be of definite concern by the miner in the field. Is the objective not to ascertain which type of equipment would prove best for the placer miner working in the field?  As in, how much he could recover within a certain time frame, as well as size of gold recoverable.  I wonder if voting would be as fair as measuring the results by the various criteria - - with all things being equal.  ???
Somebody said that it couldn't be done
But he with a chuckle replied
That maybe it couldn't but he wouldn't be one
Who'd say so until he had tried.

Gear Pan
Gold Rat