collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

kodibear

Dot Guests: 162 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12992
  • stats Total Posts: 130653
  • stats Total Topics: 18283
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Micro Flood Gold  (Read 85942 times)

Offline Toppossum

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Alberta
  • Kudos: 2
  • He who hesitates waits.
Re: Micro Flood Gold
« Reply #80 on: January 14, 2010, 09:24:45 AM »
For those still looking for the Cleangold web site, it now seems to be working. 
Check it out.

cleangold products

Offline GPEX admin

• Administrator
  • Province/State: Hope, BC Canada
  • Kudos: 52
  • Larry
    • GPEX Gold And Platinum Explorations
« Reply #81 on: January 14, 2010, 10:49:59 AM »
A bit of a product review, hereÖ.

Though a little off topic for the type of product debated in this thread, for what itís worth, Dave has one of the Maverick finishing pans and when we were testing it, he found that it actually worked quite well.  Further I gifted him with the Pyramid Pro this past summer, and he found that that worked exceptionally well, in fact, he prefers that over any of the many other pans we already have. Fine gold, as visible as 20/20 two-eyes can get, was retained.  Iím certainly looking forward to any new equipment capable of economically increasing upon oneís gold recovery.

This topic of recovering the micro fine gold is most interesting, and like most others, I keep glued to the thread.  I dare to think of the actual amount of gold one would realize at the end of the season, if Ďallí gold (as humanly possible) were recoverable from the materials processed.  As for gold thus far recovered in BC (like many others areas Iím sure), I feel we havenít even lit the candle yet - - BC..... a gold mine yet waiting to happen.

Another interesting facet for gold harvesters, when it comes to the ultra fine, if one can effect consistent recovery of nano gold particles and retain it to that dimension, the value of that to industry (medical for one) far exceeds spot gold prices.  For it costs industry big time to reduce gold to that state.  One example being - - Nano gold balls coated in a silica, is used for injection into the blood stream, whereby it then races to tumors within the body, whereafter it is then lasered to burn out the tumor, thus completely ERADICATING the cancerous tumor.  Such technology (since 2006) has been engaged with human trials within this continent, and with irrefutable results.  Just another place in our world for gold.
Somebody said that it couldn't be done
But he with a chuckle replied
That maybe it couldn't but he wouldn't be one
Who'd say so until he had tried.

Offline GPEX admin

• Administrator
  • Province/State: Hope, BC Canada
  • Kudos: 52
  • Larry
    • GPEX Gold And Platinum Explorations
« Reply #82 on: January 15, 2010, 10:10:05 AM »
It has been suggested we hold a contest for the best piece of equipment for recovering fine gold, but I donít really feel thatís feasible, as circumstances change from one type of deposit material to the other.  So Iím suggesting we examine the varied pieces of equipment as to how they would fair up under the various types of deposit materials.  By example, how such devices would do with loomy soils, sandy material, clay material, sandy clay material, so on and so forth.  Iím presuming in the end we will find that some processes may work better for several deposit types while another piece of equipment will work better for the other.  So I will leave the lead to those more versed in these topic areas to set forth some sort of arrangement whereby we can then examine and comment on each type of equipment under that varying soil/recovery conditions.

The floor is your space.
Somebody said that it couldn't be done
But he with a chuckle replied
That maybe it couldn't but he wouldn't be one
Who'd say so until he had tried.

Offline Bill_Carson

• Kudos: 3
    • The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly
« Reply #83 on: January 15, 2010, 11:36:17 AM »
RE: Contest idea;

Some type of contest/showcase (whatever you end up calling it) will also give these talented inventors/craftsman a venue to showcase their skills/inventions ... IMO, everybody wins, especially if we can narrow down the best & most cost effective equipment for micro Gold recovery.
There are 2 types of people in this world my friend; those with loaded guns, and those who dig.

Offline Bill_Carson

« Reply #84 on: January 15, 2010, 11:42:41 AM »
RE: Contest idea;

Also... I'm willing to chip in $100.00 from my PayPal account towards a jackpot prize for the contest/showcase... if we get a total of 25 people to chip in $100 each ... the grand prize would be $2,500.00 ... and I'd suggest splitting the prize money amongst the top 3 placers... I nominate GPEX Admin to hold/manage the prize money.
There are 2 types of people in this world my friend; those with loaded guns, and those who dig.

Offline NickMarch

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 7
« Reply #85 on: January 15, 2010, 12:15:07 PM »
 <-thinking->

What determines the winner?

Speed? (quantity processed)  How much material, ect. 

Easy of use?

Cost of equipment?

There would have to be some sort of points system for each.  (plus any others)

You really can't judge by quantity of gold collected unless each started with the same amount.  Not really possible unless one person worked with each method with measured amounts.  As far as nano sized gold I think it would be hard to beat using oil.  The only problem with the oil is that you can only retain what will float.  If it doesn't float in oil it passes right thru. 

Offline Bill_Carson

« Reply #86 on: January 15, 2010, 12:23:35 PM »
Your correct Nick ... the winner should be determined through a combination of several factors ... it's possible the winner could be voted via the GPEX membership based upon several factors... and having the membership vote might be the fairest way of determining the winner; that way, the entire membership, and not a small group of insiders decide who the winner is... although, many details need ironing out.

Offline Bill_Carson

« Reply #87 on: January 15, 2010, 12:50:47 PM »
I'd rather not see a cap on the price ... because, one of the criteria (probably a very, very big part of the decision making process for the winner) of the contest will likely be "affordability"... so making a super expensive product/machine will not likely get you first prize (or any prize); even if someone produces the most efficient machine; but it costs an arm and a leg; it wont be practical for 99% of the Placer population, and hence probably wont be very popular among contest voters.

I think another criteria of the contest would be; it has to meet legal working purposes on BC claims ... either hand equipment or machine enabled; it doesn't matter to me, as long as it's legal for BC claims.

IE: The Knelson concentrators or Gemini Tables would probably win this contest if it was just based upon volume and efficiency ... but, because they cost over $20,000 each for new machines ... they wont get any votes from me.

Offline Bill_Carson

« Reply #88 on: January 15, 2010, 12:57:45 PM »
I know someone toying with the idea of making a giant Blue Bowl ... and it needs a small motor to run the water jets.

Offline Bill_Carson

« Reply #89 on: January 15, 2010, 01:41:11 PM »
BTW tomcat;

Supplying lots of sand peppered with micro Gold is the easy part.

Gear Pan
Gold Rat