collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 245 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 13065
  • stats Total Posts: 131854
  • stats Total Topics: 18425
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Mining Claims
Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Micro Flood Gold  (Read 87706 times)

Offline elgreba

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Sundsvall
  • Kudos: 8
  • Toward new adventures!
Re: Micro Flood Gold
« Reply #150 on: January 24, 2010, 08:46:45 AM »
Hey there! I`ve think Gold Spear is a perfect tool for that job.. Finding small micro and black sand..

Toward new adventures..!!

Offline GPEX admin

• Administrator
  • Province/State: Hope, BC Canada
  • Kudos: 52
  • Larry
    • GPEX Gold And Platinum Explorations
« Reply #151 on: January 24, 2010, 08:50:41 AM »
OKAY........ NickMarch, hmmm....didn't quite expect all this.  But being as you have extended this matter even further yet.... I fail to see where you've said that you actually used the CleanGold system yourself and are thus commenting from First-Hand knowledge.  Secondly, you again draw a focus toward your Two-Bucket system, yet you haven't even made the disclosure, so thus far it is merely an idle claim.  If and when you do make it known, the most you ought to then be stating is what you've found it to be.... and not make it a "better-than" claim but rather tell how You have found it to be.  Others testing it might then support your findings or deny them.  But I fail to see where you are getting so up tight about another product you've never used yourself.  As I said several times now, we are not in contests here.... simply evaluating.  So kindly lose the 'personalized' burn and attack... and until you yourself have used the CleanGold equipment, I feel you are very wrong to publicly make a claim of anything being fraudulent.  That very factor there just might come back to haunt you.

Pray tell, am I making myself clear?  CleanGold.... Firstly use it, or lose it.  The Two-Bucket gear-up.... tell us all about it.... or leave it lie resting.

Incidentally, your visions about how patents work, you surely will not be receiving a registered patent in such a short time frame as you indicated, those things have various processes to go through and take a fair while in the coming.  Plus, what is the objective behind filing for a patent if you’re intending to make full public disclosure?  And in doing such, you could very well harm your chances of getting the patent passed.
Somebody said that it couldn't be done
But he with a chuckle replied
That maybe it couldn't but he wouldn't be one
Who'd say so until he had tried.

Offline NickMarch

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 7
« Reply #152 on: January 24, 2010, 10:06:25 AM »

Larry,

You are confusing me.  I havn't used the cleangold system as I would not purchase something when a seller refuses to provide first hand information about the product.  I used the only information provided willingly by the seller, the links to make observations and draw conclusions.  The articles surely came from those with first hand knowledge including the owner/inventor of the product.  Fossicker did ask that we do our own research and provided links.  I posted my opinion based on what I read from provided links and a video posted by someone else.  Isn't that evaluating? 

I'm sure when I post about the bucket system many will comment (good or bad) without having tried it themself.  Isn't the same as what I did?

The next you hear about buckets from me will be in a video!

As far as patents go...

Provisional Patent Application

According to some schools of inventing a provisional patent application is a low-cost alternative or a preliminary step before filing for a non-provisional patent that gives one additional year of protection or grace - maybe enough time to test market your invention before investing in the cost of a regular patent.

What Is A Provisional Patent Application?
A provisional patent application allows filing without any formal patent claims, oath or declaration, or any information disclosure (prior art) statement (1). It provides the means to establish an early effective filing date in a non-provisional patent application (2). It also allows the term "Patent Pending" to be applied.

As soon as my application and drawings are received by the Patent Office I'll have the protection I want.  I will not be making full public disclosure even though I have the protection.  I will not be marketing the product to individuals but to companies who may be interested in manufacturing and selling.  In other words I'll be selling the patent or licensing. 

Provisional patents can be filed so that the info is not public.  Only those who I approach about buying will see the info and drawings.  They will also have to agree to a non-disclose/compete agreement before seeing anything even though I will have patent pending protection.  Only those who I invite will be allowed to see the info.  It's all setup online, requires verification of identity and my manual approval before they can access the pages. 

Offline GPEX admin

• Administrator
  • Larry
« Reply #153 on: January 24, 2010, 12:08:39 PM »
Hmmm.... just like a river who’s water flows on.  Now how can I make this even more simple to understand?   Hmmm !

By example, lets say neighbor Jones told you he witnessed a child appear on the back deck of the couple who lived on the other side of him, and then got briskly ushered back inside.  Lets say he further said for the past three weeks he could hear a child faintly whimpering within neighbor’s house, but no other sign of sad little boy was to be witnessed, and by the way Jones talked, leaving the impression something didn’t quite add up.  Lets say you further knew such second-down-from-you-neighbor did not have children of their own, so, would it be fair of you to draw the conclusion they are child abductors and to then go around the neighborhood spreading such?  Based on what you heard (second hand information)?  Then lets say one day you caught wind of Mary, sister of the lady next door to Jones, where all the whimpering was coming from, had to fly to Europe on business and asked sister Betsy to watch her boy, and under no circumstances let the spoiled-rotten son outdoors as he would surely run away if given any opportunity.  And there you stand, before all the neighborhood peers, left swallowing a big lump over wrongly condemning the baby-sitting couple, plus, losing your investment in the hang-man’s rope you had gone out and purchased.

Does this little story tell you anything?  Like..... base anything you say on first-hand knowledge, not second-hand.  Else something will sneak right up and bite you.

Now, in regard to your assertions about such said product, you clearly said you had not yourself tried it, nor would invest the money to explore it.  Why not then leave your opinion at just that, instead of keep attacking it?  I feel there is far more behind the scene than is coming to light.  And far more than you ought to keep toying with.

With all due respect, I am with the understanding that the USPTO stopped accepting Provisional Patent Applications at lease a couple of January’s ago… I just can’t remember which year, maybe more.  For I myself am familiar with the process and filed one.... if fact, it was just one day short of the cutoff date.  Unless they’ve changed it back ???   I would check that out more fully, just in case you might be wasting your time and hard earned dollars.

And if your Two-Bucket system is so simply as you imply (the use of two 5gal buckets, one at least with a drilled hole in it, and the use of a stick, somehow).... I just can’t see why you’d even seek a Provisional Patent and not go for the Non-Provisional one.  From what you’ve said, it would not take much R&D to refine, and if that good, ought to be snatched up by the first equipment supplier you pitch to. 

The morrow of what I am saying is..... quit attacking on something you have not yourself tested.  And quit giving a plug to something you are not prepared to identify.  And unless you yourself can come up with something sound for accusing another person of Fraud (mind you), leave such area alone, too.  Have I now made myself clear?

And again, a total distraction away from the heart of the topic.  Not to mention the image all this is leaving amongst our readership.  It has long since passed that point, where Enough is Enough.  Wouldn’t you agree?

Offline NickMarch

• PPT Invited
« Reply #154 on: January 24, 2010, 12:33:25 PM »
Provisional Patents are alive and well...

Provisional Application for Patent

I just posted that I wouldn't mention buckets until I showed a video so I'll just say...

The two 5 gallon things and a stick are not what is being patented.  It's what gave me the idea for the product that is being patented.  It's a totally different product based on how the five gallon thing works.   It does not even use any 5 gallon things or a stick.  When you see the video you will have a real good idea of what the product is and how it works.  Being that I'm paranoid I'd prefer to not give anyone any ideas until I have Patent Pending protection.

The two five gallon thing video will be to show everyone how to make it and use it.  It's a freeby do it yourself thing.  They can choose to make and use it or not to make and use it.  It's not something that anyone would patent or even try to sell.  It's so simple and inexpensive to make that no one would buy it, they would make their own. 

Offline GPEX admin

• Administrator
  • Larry
« Reply #155 on: January 24, 2010, 01:11:48 PM »
Excellent then, NickMarch, I just don’t like to see all the wrangling going on until a person can speak from personal experience.  While on the topic, there has been an excellent thread started on the CleanGold system, where Greg in BC apparently does hold that experience.  Please see http://gpex.ca/smf/index.php?topic=3281.msg20207;topicseen#msg20207

From that which you mentioned about your new system, it sounds like it too may be a good process, not necessarily the best, but another good one for prospectors wishing to recover fine gold.  I certainly look forward to its release.  I myself just don’t understand why you are burning so much time and money on patenting something you are going to give away for free ???  And, I stand to be corrected, but if your equipment is only in the 1st year of pending patent application protection (the hush year), any public mention of it before being issued an actual patent, would then disqualify it from being entitled to an issued patent.  

Cool on the Provisional still being in place, I just might consider a thing or two myself.

Anyhow, the live and let live thing, glad we are now on the same page.

Offline NickMarch

• PPT Invited
« Reply #156 on: January 24, 2010, 01:39:10 PM »

I myself just don’t understand why you are burning so much time and money on patenting something you are going to give away for free ??? 

I'm giving away the 5 gallon thing.  The 5 gallon thing that gave me the idea for a totally different product.  The product that will be patented.  The two are totally different to look at but do the same thing.  The free one is manual with a stick, the other is automated.   

And, I stand to be corrected, but if your equipment is only in the 1st year of pending patent application protection (the hush year), any public mention of it before being issued an actual patent, would then disqualify it from being entitled to an issued patent. 

Provisional Patent

Enables immediate commercial promotion of the invention with greater security against having the invention stolen.

Provides the same confidentiality, access, and certified copies by PTO as non-provisional applications for patent

PROVISIONAL APPLICATION FOR PATENT FILING DATE REQUIREMENT

The provisional application for patent must be made in the name(s) of all of the inventor(s). It can be filed up to one year following the date of first sale, offer for sale, public use, or publication of the invention.

I take that to mean that I can make it public before even applying for a provisional patent but my paranoia won't let me do that. 

Offline ve7it

• Province/State: Nanoose Bay
  • Kudos: 1
« Reply #157 on: February 15, 2011, 10:44:13 PM »
Hi Guys,
I havent been placer mining for about 30 years, but recent events have rekindled my interest. I would like to spend some time developing a table system for some of the fine gold we find a lot of in BC. I was trained as a metallurgist, but ended up spending most of my career automating sawmill machinery. Are any of you guys located mid Vancouver Island? I would like to get a pail of spent concentrate to use for machine development, but it is kind of the wrong time of year for playing in the water. Can anyone offer up a pail of black sand they have given up on?
cheers from Nanoose Bay.

Offline Bill_Carson

• Kudos: 3
    • The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly
« Reply #158 on: April 25, 2011, 04:32:59 PM »

Each year the river is reworking that area but if there is not sufficient energy to flush the entire deposit then the bar will reflect the effect that the energy does have.
This will be in the form of a zone near surface that gets reworked each year. That zone will show certain characterisitcs.
There will be a courser trend to the materials. Even a layer of cobble overlaying fine sand that gets many people scratching their heads.
They can't see how the river could deposit the stones but leave the sand underneath.
In fact what is happening is that the river has enough energy to remove sand from the upper layer but not the courser materials so the lag deposit of cobble builds up and creates a new dynamic on the bar. It forms up an armor layer that further shields the materials under it and prevents the scour from cutting any deeper.
This new layer will further act to retain new micro gold that washes down and across that bar each year. Building up the gold concentration and preventing deposited gold from progressing any deeper because while gold is commonly said to head for bedrock it does not dig its own hole. Gold moves to the lowest area it can within a dilated bed. If the river isn't cutting to bedrock allowing gold moving in sands and gravels to penetrate that far then the gold will be at the bottom of the layer that was moving and that might only be the top two inches of sand on an armour layered bar.

Have you noticed any rules of thumb that apply to the thickness of the concentrated zone below the armored layer?... IE: concentrated pay streaks below the armored layer of smaller boulders tend to only be 2 inches thick, while the concentrated pay steaks below the armored layer of larger boulders tend to be up to 8 inches thick? - just as a rough example.
There are 2 types of people in this world my friend; those with loaded guns, and those who dig.

Offline gandalfwhite

• Province/State: Piteå, Sweden
  • Kudos: 1
« Reply #159 on: September 27, 2011, 02:55:45 AM »
First off, thank's to everybody for your sayings in this matter. I'm a greenhorne on gold repo. Made my own sluice and now thinking of making better things since the first one didn't give anything else than blisters...  <-laugh->

From what I have heard from other goldminers around here, there's fine gold mesh -100 and finer, also nuggets in fair sizes can occur if one knows where to look.. so far I haven't been able to look in the right spots.

But I'm always intrigued by new technologies, earlier on in this thread there where talk about fishoil? haven't came across this thought before, and from what I understand it only takes the "floating" gold? how do you whip up fine gold from the concentrates? or do you just rerun the same concentrates. Will try to google for instructions on this system until I hopefully get an answer :) happy   <_miner_>  <-good_>
I came I saw... and want to start to dig

Gear Pan
Gold Rat