collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Fisser

Dot Guests: 224 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 13015
  • stats Total Posts: 131003
  • stats Total Topics: 18324
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Mining Claims
Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Chilliwack River Valley  (Read 15572 times)

Offline springer83

• Kudos: 0
Re: Chilliwack River Valley
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2013, 04:51:11 PM »
so with the waters where they are at should i wait or go and pan anyway?

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 138
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2013, 08:22:43 PM »
hi. the Chilliwack river is not really known for gold.tamihi creek is is staked for some.weird rare metals I can not even pronounce .sellesse creek comes from the hills of the old red baker gold mine on usa side of border shows very small amounts of color.anything shiny on top of surface sands and gravel is mica or pyrites. even float gold sinks.on the othere hand gold is where you find it.could be under next rock you turn over.luck mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline springer83

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2013, 10:16:16 PM »
hey thanx for the info! i figured we were too close around here but a two and a half hour drive isnt bad to yale! i snowboard with drives like that and some days come out with a crappy day but maybe if i have a good gold day then it will be worth it! i bought one of those pay dirt kits for twenty dollars just to see if i could get down to black sands and gold and thanks to all the utube vids it was pretty easy and that was just the first third of the tin! so if i have to wait a bit to pan i can make due with a little practice!

Offline noreasny

• Province/State: new westminster
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2013, 09:39:06 PM »
hey thanx for the info! i figured we were too close around here but a two and a half hour drive isnt bad to yale! i snowboard with drives like that and some days come out with a crappy day but maybe if i have a good gold day then it will be worth it! i bought one of those pay dirt kits for twenty dollars just to see if i could get down to black sands and gold and thanks to all the utube vids it was pretty easy and that was just the first third of the tin! so if i have to wait a bit to pan i can make due with a little practice!

2 and a half hours to yale? im from new west and it takes me 1 hour and 45 min . the fraser is probably too high now i would wait until august before going again maybe a bit sooner depending how quickly it drops.

Offline Cowjun39

• Province/State: B.C.
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2017, 02:35:04 PM »
Slesse is on the South of the Chilliwack, While Chipmunk Is North, in the Mt Cheam Area. <-yes_>

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 138
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2017, 07:38:01 PM »
Hi.Guys some areas are not worth bothering with.Chilliwack and side streams are one.Some guy claimed to be getting 2 ounces a day out of the clay banks at selesse park???? never heard of him again.I think he finally took in his pyrite and had to eat crow.The clay banks at selesse slid of mount Mcquire which nobody ever found gold.Just saying.Luck Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline ryanonthevedder

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Chilliwack
  • Kudos: 18
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2017, 07:19:21 PM »
You will find more gold in the Fraser at Chwk than you will in the Cheddar (Chwk/Vedder). Yale is better yet.

Gear Pan
Gold Rat