collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 202 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 13005
  • stats Total Posts: 130853
  • stats Total Topics: 18307
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: great use for an arctic cat sno-go  (Read 3184 times)

Offline juu907

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 16
great use for an arctic cat sno-go
« on: March 13, 2010, 12:13:09 PM »
after many years of trying to find a good use for an arctic cat sno-go i stumbled upon this, new or used strip everything off of the chassis (tub) and toss it into your scrap pile for future projects. invert the tub and behold before you is a ready formed base for a highbanker. add a 1x4 upper deck with a crashbox or hopper and spraybars. grizzley or other classifier.create a slickplate area, some riffles and adjustable legs and head for the creek. i will post pics when i am done.  jerry

Offline Guest

• New user
  • Province/State: bc
  • Kudos: 1
Re: great use for an arctic cat sno-go
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 02:07:21 PM »
Alway knew those old Arctic Cats had to be good for some bloody thing <-laugh-> lol!!!@* lol!!!@*, and you may be able to use the track as a self feeder lol!!!@* lol!!!@*....best of the project to ya JUU907................ <-good_> <-good_>....Guest

Offline juu907

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 16
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 03:54:37 PM »
rats greywolf. wish i had thought of the self feeder. i gave the track to an iditarod musher to make a brake for his sled. he crashed in the dazell gorge . sure hope his brakes did not have anything to do with it. oh well after this nice weekend there will be several abandoned ac.s along the trail. just have to go pick one out. maybe a long track so i could make a bigger feeder. <-laugh-> <-laugh-> jerry <-wave-> <-wave->

Offline Chuxgold

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Naches Washington
  • Kudos: 10
  • The thinker.
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 04:29:47 AM »
I seen one used as a header. And had grizzly mounted to it. the running boards can be turned up to help aid material onto the box. Gives it a built for the use look.
Several line cabins had old machines that had various peaces and sections hack sawed off of them over the years. There is no such thing as junk in the bush. Everything gets reused or reinvented into something ells. Waist is for those that have extra. Something I have never seen in the bush.
Chuck.
Give self, to gain wisdom,

Gear Pan
Gold Rat