collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

mcbainBCGQCalleyoop

Dot Guests: 128 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12799
  • stats Total Posts: 127442
  • stats Total Topics: 17824
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: ROCK HOUNDING AROUND Mission, BC/Stave lake area  (Read 16611 times)

Offline sniper

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 5
Re: ROCK HOUNDING AROUND Mission, BC/Stave lake area
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2009, 12:43:49 AM »
if there any other rockhounders out there just so you know, peg leg is open and the agates are many, went out on wednesday to peg leg but there was just to many trucks, quads, and dirt bikes out there, same as the weekends, so after an hour we left, and we went out there today, it was a near perfect day. my wife and i went out there with two of our grand kids and one of our dogs, the kids are four and two, and then throw in a dog and you can imagine what kind of day we had, bend over, pick up rock, chase kid or dog, repeat. lol. after a couple of hours we made a fire and had a hot dogs and marshmellows, and cuddles, our dog found out that fire is hot, burnt his whiskers a bit, not funny.  we met three other rockhounders out there today that we knew  and found ninety two agates and a pail of jasper's all different colours.  the wind was warm and the sun shone all day, not a cloud in sight and thats whats it all about, enjoying a day out with family in the great outdoors

Offline ryjen

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2009, 09:11:14 PM »
We still have not been to peg leg yet.  We have checked out island 22 which was was pretty good.

Offline sniper

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 5
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2009, 12:25:06 AM »
hey ryan, how about tommorrow you up for a trip anywhere, maybe take out a pan for a dip, or go check out some bars

Offline Crystalhunter

• Province/State: Vancovuer Island, BC
  • Love digging crystals...
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2010, 04:01:36 PM »
if there any other rockhounders out there just so you know, peg leg is open and the agates are many, went out on wednesday to peg leg but there was just to many trucks, quads, and dirt bikes out there, same as the weekends, so after an hour we left, and we went out there today, it was a near perfect day. my wife and i went out there with two of our grand kids and one of our dogs, the kids are four and two, and then throw in a dog and you can imagine what kind of day we had, bend over, pick up rock, chase kid or dog, repeat. lol. after a couple of hours we made a fire and had a hot dogs and marshmellows, and cuddles, our dog found out that fire is hot, burnt his whiskers a bit, not funny.  we met three other rockhounders out there today that we knew  and found ninety two agates and a pail of jasper's all different colours.  the wind was warm and the sun shone all day, not a cloud in sight and thats whats it all about, enjoying a day out with family in the great outdoors

Sounds like a great place. I am from Vancouver Island, myself and a rockhound buddy are heading to Grand Forks in July to do a vug dig with Bob. We plan to stop at a few places on the way home to the island and wondered if you would be willing to share directions to peg leg or other locations. We have no agates that I have found on the island and I remember collecting them on the beach at Crescent Beach when I was young.
Thank you in advance. If you are ever on the island message me and I'll take you digging crystals on our local mountain. They are herkimer like although clear ones are hard to find, most are fractured but still fun to dig. A few years ago they were plentiful but now are harder to find but last weekend I found quite a few, but only 3 clear ones.

Offline ryjen

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2010, 07:13:46 AM »
I havent been to peg leg yet.  If you do a google search you find directions on a motocross site where it shows a map.

Offline Crystalhunter

• Province/State: Vancovuer Island, BC
  • Love digging crystals...
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2010, 10:23:04 AM »
 <-good_> Thanks! I found several spots to check  out when we go by in July.

Offline socialnorms

• New user
  • Province/State: British Columbia
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2018, 03:38:18 PM »
Hello everyone! New to the forum and new to Mission. Looking on doing some rock hunting and was wondering if anyone had any spots to suggest. Was going to make a new topic since this one seems pretty old but figured I'd try my luck here first. Thanks in advance and hope you're all having a wonderful weekend!

Online mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 118
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2018, 06:12:02 PM »
Hi.Social norms.Welcome to the site.Takes 2 posts to become a member.Once you have done that folks can reply to you.It all takes time ,luck,Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Gear Pan
Gold Rat