collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 166 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 13005
  • stats Total Posts: 130816
  • stats Total Topics: 18304
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Writing an article about western N. American diamond finds-need your help!  (Read 5756 times)

Offline prospect

• Province/State: Cranbrook, B.C.
  • Kudos: 0
Re: Writing an article about western N. American diamond finds-need your help!
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2011, 08:35:55 PM »
The fellow who found Canada's first diamond mine, Chuck Fipke, was prospecting in the southeast Kootenays for many years for diamonds. There is a trend from north of Golden down to Cranbrook that has diatremes, dykes and a small cluster of kimberlite pipes near Elkford, B.C. They found some diamonds but not enough to economically mine. I visited these pipes myself and have some kimberlite. If you do a google search with keywords " diatremes bull river bell " you should find a research paper on this subject for this area.

Offline buckshotbob

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 6
Wawa Ontario ,leadbetter find . 3/4 yellow and a clear diamond. Kirkland lake area micros where found. Northern Quebec purple micros where found ( the rarest of all) .

For those of you that like diamonds try going thru any radiometrics maps. lamp and kimberlite have a low count.If I was located in sk I would be looking hard in the northern regions as most of the province has probably been flown over looking for uranium.