collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

pascalfortierPrinceGeorgeGoldGuy

Dot Guests: 178 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12956
  • stats Total Posts: 129934
  • stats Total Topics: 18174
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: ROCK HOUNDING AROUND Mission, BC/Stave lake area  (Read 17666 times)

Offline ryjen

• Kudos: 0
ROCK HOUNDING AROUND Mission, BC/Stave lake area
« on: November 05, 2009, 06:32:28 PM »
Has anyone collected around Mission,BC or Stave Lake ? I am new to the board it was recommended by a guy on the canadian rockhound forum. 

Offline sniper

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 5
Re: ROCK HOUNDING AROUND Mission, BC/Stave lake area
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 06:47:58 PM »
i have quite a bit, whats your main interest, gold or rocks?

Offline ryjen

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 10:30:39 PM »
my interest is mostly rocks.  Jen and I are just getting into rockhounding.  We havent tried panning for gold yet. 

Offline sniper

• PPT Invited
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 11:06:54 PM »
if you want to meet up someday, i can show you some fossil sites, places to go for agates, garnets, nickle silicate, some cool waterfalls and even how to pan for gold, or a place where you can find cubes of iron pyrite,

Offline sniper

• PPT Invited
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2009, 12:22:09 AM »
hey ryan if you and your girl friend want to go out tommorrow send me a pm.  i can show you where you can find pyrite cubes up to around 1/4 inch , i can take you to a place where you can find amonites from one inch in size, and if you are lucky up to five to six inches in size. a place where you can find buccia clams in clumps that number in the 100's and belamites that are the size of pencils, we can go to a claim i have where you can find red and black garnets from 3/16 in size up ti 5/8 are the common sizes but ones up to one inch and bigger have been found, their are a number of bars where you can hunt for agates and jaspers and all the other stuff you can find in our river systems. and thats only a small sample of what you can find withen an hour or two of where you live. and thats on your side of the river, if you come over to this side of the river, well

Offline ryjen

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 08:46:49 PM »
that would have been cool.  I didnt read this till later.  I will see you at the meeting on tues. 

ryan

Offline sniper

• PPT Invited
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2009, 10:25:20 PM »
hi ryan, a few friends and myself are looking to go out and do a little prospecting this saturday or sunday, the abby club has a claim out by boston bar, there's a good chance for agates, jade and what have you. and there's a spot a little further up the claim where you can pick up travertine, some of it is clear, and some of it is a golden colour you can find it as a solid chunk or banded. i've even gotten a piece with crystal bridges inside, and ooh yeah, there's gold also, but the main area well be  going to is a claim that i own a piece of out by yale, lots of intersting rocks and rock formations, and good gold and lots of garnets, if you don't have a pan i have extra. pm me your number if you are intersted mike

Offline ryjen

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2009, 10:23:21 PM »
I would love to.  However Jen and I are going to the Delta rock show on sunday.  The weather looks pretty bad for the weekend anyways. 

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2009, 12:45:12 AM »
I would love to.  However Jen and I are going to the Delta rock show on sunday.  The weather looks pretty bad for the weekend anyways. 

We are???? YAY... wooo hooooooo can't wait...  ;)

Jen

Offline sniper

• PPT Invited
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2009, 02:05:46 AM »
why thank you for reminding me about that show. it should be  a good one, i heard the last show they had was about fifteen years ago so hopefully they get a good turnout and it becomes yearly again, so if anybody is intersted in giong they can check out the "british columbia lapidary sociaty's" website to read about this show and other trips they have planned, it is a most intersting day so come one come all and have some fun their may even be some gold to look at there  [!!DANCE!!]