collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

pascalfortier

Dot Guests: 177 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12960
  • stats Total Posts: 129968
  • stats Total Topics: 18179
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Shaker Table Building  (Read 91678 times)

Offline rcyr

• New user
  • Kudos: 0
Re: Shaker Table Building
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2010, 09:06:23 AM »
Thanks Gary, Good read... <-good_>... <-good_>

sanman
I've been looking to buld one now for awhile. I operated one 200 miles of north of Stewart BC Canada and should have paid more attention to design but did it spew out the gold.

Thanks

Rick

Offline ryanv1985

« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2010, 06:27:11 PM »
thanks for this might have to build me 1 <-yahoo_>

Offline Danne

• Province/State: Ramdala
« Reply #52 on: August 25, 2010, 05:44:06 PM »
Hi, Gary..

Just telling you that I just started to build a table after you idé!

/Dan
Sweden
Danne-Sweden

Offline nuggetsucker

« Reply #53 on: September 06, 2010, 09:02:12 PM »
Garyww
 I ended up adding a bumper block to my table as I couldn't  get any consistant bump to the table .
I had to thighten the tensioner spring just about as tight as it would go , otherwise my cons. would move the oposite way .
 AS soon as I added the hard rubber bumber I could loosen the tension spring and have the table work properly .
I used a fishing scale to give me a rough idea on spring tension on my table it worked out to 20 to 25lbs.of tension .
jJust an idea if your having trouble like I had. Those old boy's in the 1800s weren't so dumb after all.

nuggetsucker

Offline Chris In W Georgia

« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2010, 12:57:44 AM »
How's everyone coming with their projects, has anyone completed one yet?sure would be nice to see some tables progress pics. I will be posting some soon as I'm done welding the frame up which in the will be a Gemini style  <-yahoo_> Chris In W Georgia

Offline pagold

« Reply #55 on: December 22, 2010, 12:16:32 PM »
Gary

I have followed your plans fro my shaker table.  I have it justy about finished. I was wondering what pump to use for the water system?  Table seems to be working ok just need help with type of pump to use.

Thanks for all the great info.

Offline garyww

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Napa, California
  • Kudos: 14
    • Gold Country Outfitters
« Reply #56 on: December 27, 2010, 01:43:44 PM »
Any small electric pump will work pretty well for a small table, up to around 2'x4'. You can also sometimes find small pumps designed to be used with evaporative coolers. Try to find a unit that puts out 20gpm. Residential sump pumps can also be used. Try to avoid the 12volt pumps if at all possible as they don't last very long.

Offline barndawg

« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2011, 12:52:01 AM »
Hello, I've had an idea <-idea-> that I'm going to try for a very small scale table. Probably about 2' x 2'. It's so simple it's almost [^Crazy!#] stupid. It's not really going to be a "shaker" table so much as it will be a vibrating table. The vibrating motor is one that I took off of a craftmatic bed my parents got rid of. I also got the lift motors for push button table adjustment. We'll see how it goes and if it works I'll post the results. Happy prospecting everyone. 

Offline garyww

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Napa, California
  • Kudos: 14
    • Gold Country Outfitters
« Reply #58 on: February 03, 2011, 01:07:28 PM »
Vibrating the material isn't really the point of a separation table as you need the 'bump' to move the heavies in one direction or another. Vibration would be great on a classifier but doesn't really work if your trying separation but the frame and tabletop you build should be adaptable down the road as you make progress on the project.

Offline milehigh

• New user
« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2011, 07:04:36 PM »
Hello... I was wondering if the articles were still available to look at, I book marked them a while ago but I keep getting an error now. I finally got all the parts I'm going to use; and I was about to start building I have an idea of what I'm going to do but I wanted to go over a few the things I was reading last time and make sure there isn't a different way I could be setting things up. Thanks.

Gear Pan
Gold Rat