collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 191 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 13003
  • stats Total Posts: 130793
  • stats Total Topics: 18302
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Shaker Table Building  (Read 94128 times)

Offline garyww

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Napa, California
  • Kudos: 14
    • Gold Country Outfitters
Re: Shaker Table Building
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2009, 04:30:22 PM »
This table has been specifically designed to handle a wide variety of different decks including the little Gemini model 60 deck. In it's present form it'll handle conventional decks from 18x36 to 30X60 and they will be easily interchanged. This feature was one of the most important in my mind, as well as being able to use different types of suspension and drive systems.

Offline Chris In W Georgia

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2009, 08:41:55 PM »
 Gary, your pdf on Shaker tables have inspired me to build a table, but what I'm looking for in a table is kinda a dual top table. The Gemini top looks like it will suite my needs being that after a day of dredging with the 6" Precision over & under box I end up with 2 & 1/2  5 gal. buckets of cons with lots of fines, but I want a Wilfrey top for running hardrock ore across. I've been looking for the white plastic supports for the Gemini top and haven't been able to locate them and I was wondering where I might find them and what it is called. Chris In W Georgia... Aka Dredgehog

Offline garyww

• PPT Invited
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2009, 11:42:12 AM »
I'll be posting an update of Part-II of the build article and five more drawings today or tomorrow. You can use regular old cabinet grade plywood for the flexi-legs instead of nylon sheet but you can buy the nylon and delrin stock from a variety of online suppliers. Search under HDPE (high density polyethelene) sheets. You'll have to experiemnt until you get the right thickness for the amount of spring and flex that you want as the behavior of the springs determines the behavior and characteristics of the 'motion' in the deck. You can start with thin material and then double it up if needed. I think that plywood has better bending characteristics but that's just my personal opinion.

Offline garyww

• PPT Invited
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2009, 03:12:30 PM »
I've tried posting the update a couple of times today but there seems to be a glich somewhere so I'll try again. The latest edition of Part-II of the build article is at http://64.172.168.34/neatstuff/Shaker-Tables-2.pdf
The links to the new drawings are in the new section at the end of the article if anybody is interested.
Thanks
Gary

Offline garyww

• PPT Invited
Re: Shaker Table Building Update
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2009, 01:32:34 PM »
I've had the table running continuously now for a little over 600 hours and so far the only big thing is that some of the various nuts and bolts are loosening so I need to use some loc-tite or lock washers. The carriage frame moves about 1/4" in 24 hours so the residual vibration is minimal but the overall 'motion' is much better when it's clamped to the workbench. To be honest had I known how well this table worked I would have spent a lot more time in making it smaller and better looking before I posting anything.
I'm building the decks right now so the next posts will be about decks and riffle patterns but these take a lot of time as they are a pain to build.
I should own stock in 'Ajax Springs' as I've been experimenting with the tension/compression springs and it is the springs that are the secret to a good table so I'll have some updates in that area shortly. I'll also be switching to a smaller diameter eccentric wheel as needing the full 3/4" of stroke is not necessary and using a 1/2" nominal stroke smooths the deck action considerably.
I'm hoping that other people building tables will start to post about thier projects so that we can compare notes. These small tables are certainly withing the financial reach of most small mining site operations so I'm surprised that we haven't seen more interest in them.

Offline tomcat

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 2
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2009, 01:37:17 PM »
Heck Gary ....I've been collecting parts and all the information I could muster...till your article came along...now I wait at my computer for the next installment.
Cheers and accolades to ya buddy  <-good_> <-good_> <-good_>
Keep it coming  {-applause-} {-applause-} {-applause-}

Offline Point

• Province/State: Brockville ON
  • Kudos: 0
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2009, 10:08:26 PM »
 {cool^sign} [-1st-]Very Nice    good job

Offline garyww

• PPT Invited
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2009, 03:44:36 PM »
I'm kind of running out of steam on the Shaker Table as I really need to be rebuilding my Hibanker as I do most of my good prospecting during the winter down here since the 'tourists' are gone. I got a new Honda pump for a Christmas present to replace my old Briggs and Straton so I'm itching to get going.
I've updated the Shaker Table articles as listed below but I really need a better way of organizing and posting the updates which I'll eventually get around to doing.
The latest revised stuff is at:

http://64.172.168.34/neatstuff/Shaker-Tables-1.pdf
http://64.172.168.34/neatstuff/Shaker-Tables-2.pdf
http://64.172.168.34/neatstuff/Shaker-Tables-3.pdf

I hope somebody is able to use this material for their projects

Offline garyww

• PPT Invited
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2009, 01:44:48 PM »
I just added quite a bit of new material to Part-3 of the article. The link remains the same as listed above. I think we're about one or two weeks away from running the first concentrates on the prototype deck if I don't get interrupted with something else to do. I need to go out and dig up some dirt so we'll have something to use for the christening.
Hopefully we'll have some gold in that dirt which would makes things much better.

Offline garyww

• PPT Invited
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2010, 12:46:51 PM »
I've updated Part-III again getting down to the nitty-gritty that I think most people were interested in to begin with as is concerns the installation of the deck riffles. The links remain the same as listed in earlier posts.

Gear Pan
Gold Rat