collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 146 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12958
  • stats Total Posts: 129952
  • stats Total Topics: 18176
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Shaker Table Building  (Read 91637 times)

Offline garyww

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Napa, California
  • Kudos: 14
    • Gold Country Outfitters
Re: Shaker Table Building
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2009, 12:11:52 PM »
Apparently you are not familiar with our version of pneumatic hammers as used in body shops for sheet metal work which are not at all like the type of hammers used for construction work. I think perhaps that our version of 'rotohammer-drills' may also be different than you are familiar with. Here we use both types of tools as raw sources of drive mechanisms for shaker type tables and oscillating laboratory vibration tables.

Offline Panningoman

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2009, 12:20:05 PM »
I am familiar with the type of tool used in your country. Only now he remembered that there is a pneumatic motors leaf type. But then the system is built on this principle has even fewer chances for life. The reason, the balance of forces of pressure, without reduction of the work will be unstable.
Now someone hydraulic motors to remember:)

By the above-said:
You may wish to consider as an alternative to use as a drive-steppers, they have no break in CNC lathes for several days working without breakdowns. And the possibility of their options are limitless.

Offline tomcat

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 2
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2009, 12:28:48 PM »
Funny thing Garyww...I'm rebuilding a pneumatic finish nailer just as we speak...just as you say the piston and retract circuit is all built in. only problem is it might operate too fast I think it is 125ms./cycle

Offline garyww

• PPT Invited
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2009, 12:47:06 PM »
I am very familiar with stepper drive motors but believe me they will not last in a shaker table application. Sometimes as much as we may dislike it old technology is actually superior to modern technology and rude and crude gets the job done without a lot of hassles. An old Rittinger table can run for several decades without a single halt and works just as effectively as the most 'modern' of gear. Sometimes we engineers loose track of the objective of a project which is the end result of the process and not the end result of the machine.

Offline Panningoman

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2009, 12:55:53 PM »
Fully agree with you! There is a saying, All that can break down, break a must! I am speaking only about the installation flexibility, the ability to quickly change the parameters for the realization of a series in mass production.
I was so brought up, all options should be tested and selected the best.
An example of what I mean: Is it possible to drawings lime tons of paper, and you can just do a drawing on the computer programs in CAD, the result will be the same, but the speed and savings - in favor of the second method.

Offline Guest

• New user
  • Province/State: bc
  • Kudos: 1
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2009, 12:57:34 PM »
Thats sort of along my thinking, thats the main reason I like tying and fishing flies, simple and not over designed...Guest

Offline garyww

• PPT Invited
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2009, 03:38:50 PM »
The first half of Part-II of the Shaker Table article is here:
http://64.172.168.34/neatstuff/Shaker-Tables-2.pdf

Offline Guest

• New user
  • Province/State: bc
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2009, 07:18:35 PM »
Gary, total awesome plans and instructions, I'm blown away, will a little elbow grease and rumangining through my collection of odds and ends, I believe I have most everything in the shop or junk bin to put this puppy together....Guest

Offline garyww

• PPT Invited
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2009, 03:18:10 PM »
Here's a link to the third video of the Shaker Table. This time I've installed the suspension frame and worked at little bit on the compression spring assembly.

YouTube
            - Shaker Table Run 3

I'll be spending some time improving the spring system and then starting work on the various decks we want to try out including a Gemini styled deck.
Thanks
Gary

Offline centennial

« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2009, 08:17:46 PM »
Good stuff Gary, Im impressed, it'll be good to see some gold on it soon.
Cheers Laurie

Gear Pan
Gold Rat