collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dhodginschekaracanada

Dot Guests: 279 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 1

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 13005
  • stats Total Posts: 130851
  • stats Total Topics: 18307
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Shaker Table Building  (Read 94301 times)

Offline garyww

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Napa, California
  • Kudos: 14
    • Gold Country Outfitters
Re: Shaker Table Building
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2009, 08:18:30 AM »
Here’s a link to another video showing the shaker table prototype with an eccentric cam installed instead of the roller wheel we used in the first vid. If you listen closely you can tell there is significant difference between the two drive systems. As in the first film we’re still running the table very slow at only 214 rpm and with a very large ¾-inch stroke and the rebound spring assembly is still semi-functional.

YouTube
            - Shaker Table Run 2

I'll be working on the deck assembly next and will start posting preliminary versions of Part-II of the building article shortly.

Offline CaribooAu

• CGPF Sponsor
  • Province/State: Prince George
  • Kudos: 55
    • Boilerbox Highbankers
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2009, 01:06:20 PM »
WOW......coming along nicely... <-yes_>

The wife must be happy with the new smother action... <-laugh->
Don't give your self A perm with that motor.. ;)
May The Fever Be With You...

Offline Panningoman

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2009, 04:23:44 AM »
Electromagnet pulse generator ... and will be much easier to build. compact, cheaper.
A set pulses, without alteration throughout the system, a second time.

Offline garyww

• PPT Invited
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2009, 09:14:23 AM »
That sounds like an interesting project. Could you post some research and schematics of the device to help as along.

Offline Panningoman

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2009, 09:36:09 AM »
The idea that-be to a moving part of the post core electro magnet, a coil fixed on the frame. Then, giving impetus to the generator, we will make vibrate the table with us to the desired frequency and amplitude of all, just turning the handle of the generator. For this purpose any suitable audio oscillator and amplifier. As generator suitable even ... PC with the program generator. In this case, the signal is removed from the sound card and amplified.

Offline Panningoman

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2009, 09:44:12 AM »
The simplest example of an electromagnet, a school bell, it is used as the adjustment of the reed-bolt adjust breaker contact.
All genius-simple. For reliability you can use the reed switch. an inductive sensor ... but this is electronics.

Offline tomcat

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 2
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2009, 10:21:47 AM »
Garyww,
Thanks for that second video  {cool^sign}  ....you are quite right it is quieter.... and would seem that you can dial in the stroke much more accurately, I suppose you could mount a variable pitch pulley on the motor to adjust and tune in the rpm as well.
As I watched it .....my mind started thinking along the lines of a pneumatic cylinder...where you could adjust the stroke and speed quite easily,
have you ever considered  such a drive system.
I look forward to more fantastic information....well done   <-good_>

Offline Panningoman

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2009, 10:34:23 AM »
Application of pneumatic-expensive, not mobile, is cumbersome. This requires a compressor, distributor, electronic control, especially taking into account that the cylinder must be double action.

Offline garyww

• PPT Invited
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2009, 11:47:28 AM »
Actually I'm right now working on converting one of my old pneumatic chisels to run a shaker table but am having problems dropping the stroke rate which is about 12,000 per minute down to 300 without loosing stroke length but it's doable for sure.
P.S.
I forgot to mention that years ago I rigged up a small Jabsco diaphragm water pump to run in reverse on compressed air since these pumps already have a very good eccentric cam built into them and it did work but I had problems with the high air pressure breaching the diaphragm seal but the rpm's were very good for a small table at around 300.

Offline Panningoman

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2009, 11:54:23 AM »
This is impossible! All pneumatic hammers are the principle of shock-acceleration of the piston to the transfer of kinetic energy in the sting, and if you reduce the frequency of fall-power (energy conservation).

Gear Pan
Gold Rat