collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Hardpan82

Dot Guests: 128 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 13002
  • stats Total Posts: 130764
  • stats Total Topics: 18300
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Distance to Claim  (Read 37176 times)

Offline PlacerPal

• Kudos: 36
    • Discover the Difference
Re: Distance to Claim
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2009, 09:48:25 PM »
Doc's say I have to get more exercise???

Maybe what your Doc meant was to do more prospecting to get the exercise?  ;D

6 -8 hours working on the claim and you will need that ATV to get back to comfort of the RV
to relax and rest up! Amazing how much weight and waist measurement one can lose prospecting.
Plus the improved immunity, cardiovascular and pulmonary systems.

:)

Offline PlacerPal

« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2009, 10:20:37 PM »
And PlacerPal with several claims may have an access issue, mind you that does look like a very interesting creek...has that rock formation got some kind of a name or explanation to the 'Oreo cookie' look.

I have been researching those claims extensively, reading prospector's reports, minfiles, etc.
Very interesting area with complex geology I don't understand. The area was also glaciated
which messes up the geology. The Oreo cookie rocks and boulders are probably quartz veins in slate.

What I did learn from a prospector's report done by a Mining Engineer and Geologist is that there
is gold and many other minerals on claims explored further up the creek. Pit sampling and on site
sluicing showed 188 gms/ton (5 oz per ton) in the bench gravels not too far down and the gold is
eluvial - the mother lode is nearby. The gold is 960 fine the purist gold found in B.C. so far.
The gold is fine to nugget size and coarse gold not eroded by river and glacial action. I also notice
other claim tenure holders in the area rarely give them up!

Further down the creek from the pit gold exploration, coarse gold is found in the bedrock and under
the boulders.

Working off google and MTO maps I found a ravine on one claim that from the access road to the river
is only 290 ft or about 88 metres.  Must send Dwayne with some bushwacking line cutters in to cut a
trail down, then work back up the river for 1+ km turning over boulders! I am going to get down to
those claims to prospect even if it kills me or I have to get a Track Chair!  <-laugh->

Also lots of black sand and an abundance of interesting polished rocks - maybe some gemstones too.

Too far to ask Jen to drive to help entice the boys to work faster for a cooler of beer and a barbecue
smoking with tasty treats.

Offline Merlyn555

• Province/State: Kingston
  • Kudos: 1
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2009, 10:26:34 PM »
six to eight hours of working the claim and I'd need a paramedic........LOL

Now the beer is an essential part of the post work day Jen but who is going to open it for me? My hands will be cramped into the shape of the shovel handle cause I got no knowledge to impart......  <-yahoo_>

Offline lsfog

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Hinton, Ab
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2009, 10:45:51 PM »
OK OK I occasionaly scare myself when a flash of insperation breaks thru my foggy mind.
The soloution for you folks who have issues with "others" on your ground.
RENT A GEEZER!!
If there are so many "older" folks about how 's about a deal where by we "watch" out for your intrests Being's as we are retired our time is much free'er than you young work-a-holics so we can oversee a claim or three whilst doing a spot of work ourselfs. You know us old-sters are not going to dig too deep or for too long. Heck you can even use our time against your yearly reports. A deal like a 50/50 split on anything after the first oz. would get us greasing the walkers and shining the canes..... Ken

Offline PlacerPal

« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2009, 11:14:34 PM »
RENT A GEEZER!!

What a great IDEA!  <-idea->

Rent a Geezer who has a GPS, a digital camera and a field note book to record observations
and prospecting activities and get our claim annual work requirements done!

Great idea! We must get a Geezer board set up!

Offline Vance in AK

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Kenai, Alaska
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2009, 11:55:34 PM »
I've had claims I could drive to & claims where the closest end was 1.5 miles up a fairly steep drainage with a lot of bushwacking.  Closer claims were fun because wife & kids could join me.  Hardervto reach claims had more color.  I currently have no claims.
I try & keep my driving down to under about 120  miles one way, preferably under 100.
Vance in AK
PS119:72. The law of your mouth is better to me than thousands of gold and silver pieces.

« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2009, 02:06:09 AM »
RENT A GEEZER!!
We must get a Geezer board set up!

Why does it feel like some how an awesome "respect our elders and their knowledge" post I put up got turned into a discussion with negative sounding names (geezer)...weird.... kidding.. do what you want.  :)

Offline Chuxgold

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Naches Washington
  • Kudos: 10
  • The thinker.
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2009, 04:53:56 AM »
If I had a choice I would except the term codger. Geezer sounds like the type to keep you in the dark and feed you bull like a mushroom. Been there. head full of ideas that they hold onto with deer life that has credible point except others, that they steel from. Always looking for a new gullible victim to spread there diseased thinking on. Just to keep them sane thinking they know what there talking about.
Now a coder has the ring of intelligence behind it. Some one with wisdom from years of enduring life’s trials. Both are a slang. But one is a definite negative and the others is a negative that can have respect with it.
I have known both. Geezers sit at the bar and wait for any argument they think they can win. Codgers wait at a table for the right fight that can make there wisdom grow. There is a fare exchange when the one that knows is searching for truth. He must give truth to gain wisdom. Geezers only give enough to lead some one in that is unaware.
There is truth. And there is truth that is meant to be shared. Self made truth is all I am about. But to many think instead of know when they speak to a developing understanding.
Discussion Is great. It brakes the ice. Lets you know hew your talking to. Otherwise you will be the next one believing that agates are formed from petrified ice.   
A geezer is only half the man. And a codger is twice.
Chuxgold.   
Give self, to gain wisdom,

Offline lsfog

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Hinton, Ab
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2009, 07:31:41 AM »
Hey Jen what ever label gets put on me [us] I will wear the badge with honor.
Always keeping in mind that I have been called worse by better -- lol.
Yup the Geezer Board sounds like a fine name to me.
Mandate -- kinda like citizens on patrol only with pans & snuffer bottles & a digital camera.....
Chuck - having come way to close to recycling my carcass last year working at 1/2 throttle is not that bad.I just have to work on the brains before brawn issue and afternoon naps are no longer optional their mandatory.

honeyman76

« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2009, 09:21:56 AM »
And PlacerPal with several claims may have an access issue, mind you that does look like a very interesting creek...has that rock formation got some kind of a name or explanation to the 'Oreo cookie' look.

I have been researching those claims extensively, reading prospector's reports, minfiles, etc.
Very interesting area with complex geology I don't understand. The area was also glaciated
which messes up the geology. The Oreo cookie rocks and boulders are probably quartz veins in slate.

What I did learn from a prospector's report done by a Mining Engineer and Geologist is that there
is gold and many other minerals on claims explored further up the creek. Pit sampling and on site
sluicing showed 188 gms/ton (5 oz per ton) in the bench gravels not too far down and the gold is
eluvial - the mother lode is nearby. The gold is fine to nugget size and coarse gold not eroded by
river and glacial action. I also notice other claim tenure holders in the area never give them up!

Further down the creek from the pit gold exploration, coarse gold is found in the bedrock and under
the boulders.

Working off google and MTO maps I found a ravine on one claim that from the access road to the river
is only 290 ft or about 88 metres.  Must send Dwayne with some bushwacking line cutters in to cut a
trail down, then work back up the river for 1+ km turning over boulders! I am going to get down to
those claims to prospect even if it kills me or I have to get a Track Chair!  <-laugh->

Also lots of black sand and an abundance of interesting polished rocks - maybe some gemstones too.

Too far to ask Jen to drive to help entice the boys to work faster for a cooler of beer and a barbecue
smoking with tasty treats.

Hi Ernie, I'll gladly meet you at your Quartz Creek Claim any time. Just give me a heads up and I'll be there!

Gear Pan
Gold Rat