collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 205 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 13005
  • stats Total Posts: 130853
  • stats Total Topics: 18307
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Distance to Claim  (Read 37227 times)

Re: Distance to Claim
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2009, 02:24:38 AM »
Here is what I would get if handicap or when I get real old and have trouble going gold prospecting  <-smug->
CRE Loaded 6  - Tank Chair <----- The story is worth reading on how he thought of it  <-good_>

Wow 
I'm at a loss for words, <-sealed_> I thought that MY Internet addiction resulted in my finding some weird stuff on the net but you win.... I willingly hand you the trophy  [-1st-], I can't compete with that find.  ???

Offline Chuxgold

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Naches Washington
  • Kudos: 10
  • The thinker.
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2009, 07:55:59 AM »
Vary awesome. Could have a receiver hitch for a small trailer. And a handicap person could go back packing. How about a medal detector mounted  to the front. Some kind of arm that could swing back and forth, And controlled from above.  As just a chair thou  it needs a way  to slide just the chair its self forward. Were it would have room to lower to a more conformable position for panning.
I have had reoccurring ideas about a six wheeler with discs inset and mounted to the bottom of the hull. The idea is as the disks pass over a target each individual disk takes a reading so when it has passed over it, a computer would know were to drop a agar that has a tube to hold gathered material. 
Killer link. I will save to have for reference. So the next handicap person I meet that lost there connection to the woods. Could get it back.
Chuxgold.
Give self, to gain wisdom,

Offline lsfog

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Hinton, Ab
  • Kudos: 1
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2009, 09:44:12 AM »
Does the term --- Too soon old --- Too late smart --- work in this discussion?
I would just love to have a young pair of hands to help but most of those available to me are doing what I was doing at their age --- working my butt off.
Luckily for me -- most of the areas I can get to have [ick] people around. These people are all interested in my doing's. My stock answer to most questions starts with -- Sure be glad to show you just give me a hand to move these buckets over there!! Then when a goodly number of buckets arrive to site I work out the material while conducting Sluice Box 101. Huck Finn would be proud of me!!
Strange isn't it -- I busted my hump to care for the family and -- buy some hi class toys
ATV - Jet Boat - 4x4 truck - comfy RV and now the Doc's say I have to get more exercise???

Offline sluicedog

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: BC
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2009, 01:37:30 PM »
Well it seems as though I'm not alone ......the 'geezer factor' is alive and well <-yes_>
Dwayne makes a very good point....yes I suppose just buying a claim from Gpex would probably make things easier...funny thing about geezers we don't ever seem to take the easy way <-dont~know->
And PlacerPal with several claims may have an access issue, mind you that does look like a very interesting creek...has that rock formation got some kind of a name or explanation to the 'Oreo cookie' look.

A poll on this seems like a cool idea... {cool^sign}

Country
Gender  M/F
Number of years with claim
Will this claim be passed on to family or freinds
Distance/time travel driving to claim
Time spent hiking or packing gear to claim
Number of times per year visited
Time working claim days or hours

Perhaps Shiver can come up with some sort of guidance on setting up a poll ???

honeyman76

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2009, 03:27:49 PM »
From what I have read on this discussion, there are those of us willing to help you old codgers out! LOL We're full of (censored) and vinnager. We should have some sign up board. If someone needs help they put the date and location that they will be there and those that want to help, sign up and show up.

Offline sluicedog

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: BC
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2009, 04:17:42 PM »
Ahh..... you young bucks always seem to get Geezers and Codgers all mixed up  <-laugh->
Now your'e talking....I should get you to find me a claim ....

This is what Geezers want <-yes_>

2 hour drive,
back the truck up to the flat level claim,
flip down the tailgate ......
Set up time 47 seconds
oh ya no bears please ;D

This is what Codgers want

Wheelchair accesible

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2009, 05:38:37 PM »
Ahh..... you young bucks always seem to get Geezers and Codgers all mixed up  <-laugh->

2 hour drive,
Set up time 47 seconds
oh ya no bears please ;D

Wheelchair accesible

I think you may have missed a step or two just after "flip down the tailgate", and these two may apply to Codgers and Geezers, as well as "Young Know-it-all's" like myself. :)

+ Unload cooler and open beer
+ Setup BBQ

:)

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2009, 05:41:29 PM »
From what I have read on this discussion, there are those of us willing to help you old codgers out! LOL We're full of (censored) and vinnager. We should have some sign up board. If someone needs help they put the date and location that they will be there and those that want to help, sign up and show up.

Hi Dwayne, that's pretty much the gist of what I was saying, sadly I live right downtown Vancouver, not close to claim land but if there's anyone south of Kamloops that's in this situation and I can get to them in a non 4WD vehicle  (car, not truck) and they don't mind a friendly dog along (my dog, not me..grin) then I would for sure put my name on that list of willing to help if needed, now that being said I would only do so for people on the board who are known and have been here for awhile, the last thing we need is to turn it into some sort of bait board for people to use to victimize people. I recently bought some goodies from a fellow detectorist in Arizona and it was so sad to hear him selling his goodies because age had crept up on him... (and I must admit, having not spent as much time with my grampa as I should have, it would be neat to hear some of the knowledge that the generation before us has to share). There's a man named Robert Cunningham who owns a place called Northwest Treasure Supply in Bellingham, I dropped in just to look around and he was so much fun to listen to, his stories, knowledge etc.... I stayed for over an hour while he showed me how to pan in a demo area he had set up. There's a lot of "tribal knowledge" out there that we should appreciate and take advantage of... you don't have to be a Native American/Indian to respect the knowledge and teachings of our elders.

Jen

honeyman76

« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2009, 07:02:45 PM »

2 hour drive,
Set up time 47 seconds
oh ya no bears please ;D

Wheelchair accesible

I think you may have missed a step or two just after "flip down the tailgate", and these two may apply to Codgers and Geezers, as well as "Young Know-it-all's" like myself. :)

+ Unload cooler and open beer
+ Setup BBQ

Hmm, who has time for beer! I'm pretty sure JJ, you'll be digging while I sit back and provide moral support with those codgers lol

Offline PlacerPal

• Kudos: 36
    • Discover the Difference
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2009, 09:40:48 PM »
PlacerPal

Thats a nice looking creek, Just get Dwayne to go down with a little bit of C4 to loosten up that rock for you...in fact if you use enough you can just pick it up off the ground right where you parked your camper <-laugh->wear a hard hat ;D
The Geezer factor would certainly get me to pause at the top of a cliff and wonder the same thing ....I think I can get down there....BUT <-NO_>
How about a chair lift type apparatus <-yes_>

Yeah, I have been researching and trying to find some type of hand operated aerial tram.
Saw some in South America - very primitive but they worked.

Best I can come up with so far is chubby wife's clothes line and tie on my dad's hammock he
brought back from his years of volunteer service in the CDN Navy during WW2?  ;D

Gear Pan
Gold Rat