collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

mentalcoincoinmcbainchekaracanada

Dot Guests: 199 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 13016
  • stats Total Posts: 131012
  • stats Total Topics: 18326
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Mining Claims
Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Has Anyone Found Ogham or Runic inscriptions in Canada?  (Read 18058 times)

Offline Merlyn555

• Province/State: Kingston
  • Kudos: 1
Re: Has Anyone Found Ogham or Runic inscriptions in Canada?
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2010, 11:33:55 PM »
Now that's what I'm talkin about!!!!  <-yahoo_>  Thank you very much this is a totally new one on me....

Too bad I didn't know about this last weekend I was in Halifax and would have nipped over to see it.

Going to do some more research on it before I comment on it more.

Offline SeloamLakeGoldMiner

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Halifax Nova Scotia Canada
  • Kudos: 0
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2010, 04:40:56 AM »
Frederick Julius Pohl | LibraryThing

Ive included this link to an online bookstore only as it has a few books you might want to read if your looking into the early crossings and ogham, the author did an amazing amount of research at a time when science had just about written of the saga's. in the book"prince henry sinclair" is the amazing knight in full armour in boston etched into gnesiss by punch hole and holdinga coat of arms unheard of since 1300's of the 'Gunn' clan.

in The Lost Discovery Uncovering the Track of the Vikings in America a very interesting ogham stone found in the MIDDLE of either america or Canada( cant remember) was found and deciphered and told the story of a fierce battle between Indigenous peoples and a number of what can only be described as Norsemen and Ostrogoths with a casualty list and directions of whence they came.
Kensington Runestone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
it like others has been labeled a fake

I dont expect you to buy these things from the site,I just have used it as a list of books to look for in your local
library

this also has some interesting Info on it

Where in North America did the Vikings settle?
it also has some info on the "spirit pond stone"
and this is dedicated to it.
The Spirit Pond Inscription Stone
it has been called a hoax, but has yet to be proven so 100%
enjoy this, it was Literally THESE stories that you now follow that led me on my quest. I have visited some very freaky places all over Nova Scotia due to Frederick Pohls books. and found exactly the same things he did when he was writting.And led me into Gold Prospecting ( some maps are very interesting ).
Good Hunting

Offline Herman

• Kudos: 3
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2016, 07:37:10 PM »
Im lookng for stuff older than what u are.there is a rock carving just outside of Pemberton its of a spaceman and is older than the Indians around here.Even the elders admitted it.So people have been here before the Indians.I suspect this info will be hard to fidn because it would interfer with the land claims going on.
Herman

Offline nite hawk

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 10
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2019, 04:40:15 PM »
I have a theory - don't know if it is true, that the reason more  Ooparts ( out of place artifacts ) are found in the USA is for a couple of reasons. First you have a greater population density, so there is  more people per square mile, to stumble on things that are "out there".
The second reason that I think more things are found in the US is that there have been a number of volcanic flows ( thinking B,C,) which have buried things.. Also, in the northern parts, you have permafrost which can keep things locked up tight in the ground.. I do remember a few years back when Chinese coins from I think around the 1500s  era were found in the Yukon. Well the powers that be tried to push it under the rug saying that someone some how dropped these ancient coins and they were buried in the permafrost..
If you want an interesting read,, Trying to remember if it was David Thompson or MacKenzie, but I read in their personal journal ( got it from the library ) that during their travels in the northern either Alberta--B.C area they ran into "elephants" ( mammoths ?) and  tracks that frightened their Native guides terribly, and if I remember correctly they actually saw the animals.. The Natives were terrified and told them their guns would not stop these animals ..
Why don't the powers that be not bring that journal to the forefront and tell people that "elephants" ( mammoths?) existed not that long ago in Canada..??

Offline graeme1955

• Province/State: chilliwack bc
  • Kudos: 6
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2019, 12:31:02 PM »
I have heard about a carving in the rock on the ridge above Alexandra lodge on the old Hudson bay brigade trail, some  suspect it could be Ogham or Runic. I have never seen this carving myself, is there anyone out there that knows anything about this carving? If so it would be interesting to hear of where exactly this is located, and or hear of any stories related to this. There were many explorers in B.C. , some of their stories were maybe lost to history, in North America a lot of written history only goes back to the Europeans settelement.

Offline nite hawk

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 10
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2019, 01:26:36 PM »
Years ago a Sto'Lo   friend told me that she had been told of  a very large carved stone woman on a cliff side and the woman was pointing down into a valley. Supposedly there was something of value where she was pointing..
This was supposedly somewhere in the coastal area...
I do not know the truth of this story, but my friend felt that the story which had been passed down from Elders was true..