collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

DhodginsPrinceGeorgeGoldGuy

Dot Guests: 173 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12956
  • stats Total Posts: 129936
  • stats Total Topics: 18175
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Tips on building your own rocker box.  (Read 3366 times)

Offline Chuxgold

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Naches Washington
  • Kudos: 10
  • The thinker.
Tips on building your own rocker box.
« on: January 02, 2009, 11:57:37 PM »
  First thing is keeping in mined how big do you want it. One that can work a yard a hour is going to be to heavy to carry and hard to rock by hand. But is possible if there is a couple people to trade out the job. The bigger boxes you don't want to stop until dun and ready to clean it out. Every time you start back up every apron has to be worked to get it all fluid and moving again. Smaller ones don't require so much concern. the aprons are smaller and the over all action can be changed to a more violent action to loosen things. Rubberizing handle helps this pluss sharpens action to keep material loose. Aprons should have a gold pan shape in that its deep in the back and tapers to the front. The sides of the apron should have equally concave shapes so the back and forth action settles the gold in the center. You want the gold to concentrate into as much of a solid as possible so it can hold its self pure of the black sand. Ones like this. it can hold the smallest gold and catch 99 percent of all the placer gold that gos thru it. Otherwise it is only 70 to 90 depending on how good you can make your aprons. With out perfection the smallest flower stays moving until it gets kicked out. If you want a good look see my rocker I have for sale. There is one picture that shows exactly how they should look. But as far as how to make the bottom play right is a matter of folding edges right. and that is a skill or art that I don't have words for. except keep them even.
Chuxgold.
Give self, to gain wisdom,

Gear Pan
Gold Rat