collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 164 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12982
  • stats Total Posts: 130403
  • stats Total Topics: 18249
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: H3 Tec?  (Read 12508 times)

Offline Sleeping Village

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 0
H3 Tec?
« on: September 19, 2009, 02:16:34 PM »
Hello,

The other day I watched this program on the National Geographic channel called "Secret History of Gold" , which was interesting in itself, but what really caught my eyeball was this device they call an H3 detector. Apparently it uses a new technology that can detect many different goodies including; GOLD, Explosives, Drugs, etc...up to two miles away.

Nano-Ionic Resonance is the term they're using for the technology. It's currently being used by the US military and quite a few other folks with apparently "amazing" results.

If you do a Googly search you'll find mixed reviews and the usual skeptical, fear/ignorance-based reactions when it comes to new and unproven claims concerning something of this nature. I don't believe everything I hear or read but this is just too cool not to give some thought and discussion to.

So, what do y'all think?

Yes, I want one and might have to make it happen. Just imagine what this'd do for the prospector...

honeyman76

Re: H3 Tec?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2009, 02:33:20 PM »
HOnestly, its intriguing, but its appearance is not all that impressive. <-dont~know->

Offline GollyMrScience

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Near Edmonton Alberta
  • Kudos: 160
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2009, 04:39:07 PM »
Looks like another take on the molecular frequency detectors aka dowsing rod with racing stripes. There are some very simple tests to do that would solve the mystery in less than a minute. If the "detector" has to be held by a person and cannot work independently from them as in claims like "the person is the antenna" or "it needs to be grounded through someone" or "its tuned to use the operator as the antenna" etc etc.
Take the machine and lock the handle in a vise and then wave a piece of gold in front of the antenna and the pointer should follow it - if not then dowsing it is.
I am not making a comment on dowsing  -only the machine and the supposide technology it employs.
What the heck - lets just keep mixin' stuff together till it blows up or smells REALLY bad!

Offline Denadii Cho

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Turner Valley
  • Kudos: 2
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2009, 07:09:04 PM »
Looks like another take on the molecular frequency detectors aka dowsing rod with racing stripes. There are some very simple tests to do that would solve the mystery in less than a minute. If the "detector" has to be held by a person and cannot work independently from them as in claims like "the person is the antenna" or "it needs to be grounded through someone" or "its tuned to use the operator as the antenna" etc etc.
Take the machine and lock the handle in a vise and then wave a piece of gold in front of the antenna and the pointer should follow it - if not then dowsing it is.
I am not making a comment on dowsing  -only the machine and the supposide technology it employs.

Hmmm    A tricorder   Straight from Star Trek
Credendo Vedes    In believing, you see.

Offline daemdaem

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 2
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2009, 07:42:49 PM »
Mr Science,  Good concise test.    Allan

Offline Sleeping Village

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 0
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2009, 11:07:19 AM »
Thanks for the input, guys.

Mr. Science, I value your opinion and I thought the same thing about it possibly being a Dowsing device of some kind. It makes me wonder, however, why the military would be interested in a glorified Dowsing rod?  And also why they've received numerous awards for this technology. Dowsing has been around for a long time and it's not exactly new technology, no matter how you dress it up.

I've contacted them and requested more info that I'll pass on to you guys if possible. It's interesting to note that the device they used in the documentary is now obsolete...

"The device available now has advanced six versions beyond the one you can see on National Geographic Television, and we now have an entire line of H3 Treasure Detectors."

"We have added dashboard lights, a green laser spotting light for night use, and a Garmin GPS to allow you to mark waypoints and help you refine your location."

"H3 detectors can detect any element on the scientific periodic table of elements"

"To date, we have not found a barrier that the H3 device cannot penetrate, including concrete, soil, plastic, or metal. It can find elements above or below ground, inside buildings and containers of every kind tested, and for distances up to and including five miles."

Just a few statements received from them that I thought I'd share.

Offline garyww

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Napa, California
  • Kudos: 14
    • Gold Country Outfitters
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2009, 01:14:10 PM »
I worked for the depart of defense for many years and I can't say from that experience that governmental agencies are at the top of the line with respect to basic human intelligence so dowsing rods would probably make sense to that group. Nothing surprises me anymore when it comes from the mouth of 'experts', especially government experts or experts who stand to make some money from something. There is guy on TV who is selling a 'compond' product that cures your old dog from the ailments of old age. He's a real 'doctor' so you know he's giving us the straight story. Right?
A few weeks later I saw him barking the same stuff for humans. It's just got to be good if it worked on dogs so why not try it ourselves?
When and if the 'miracle' rod arrives it most likely will not be endorsed by the government for obvious reasons.

Offline GollyMrScience

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Near Edmonton Alberta
  • Kudos: 160
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2009, 02:32:45 PM »
During the Vietnam war there was a course taught to GI's on dowsing for tunnels and booby traps.Back then it was the basic bent wire (field expedient equipement).
Why not a fancier version for the 21st Century.  ;)
What the heck - lets just keep mixin' stuff together till it blows up or smells REALLY bad!

Offline Merlyn555

• Province/State: Kingston
  • Kudos: 1
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2009, 11:52:22 AM »
I have not seen one of these devices up close but from watching the National Geographic piece I will assume that this technology is based on "dowsing".

This alleged technology is all hype, it is just show and no go. I have personally conducted tests of dowsing rods with poor if not non-existant results.

I have trouble understanding how a simple pair of bent wires can detect everything from ghosts to gold without the aid or intervention of the person holding the rods.

And now you claim that this device will detect IED's and is in the field overseas? I wonder if you are willing to put your own son's life on the line relying on this equipment?

I am not flaming or bashing here I am saying, "Show Me the Proof!" Give me verified examples of success under labratory conditions don't just say it works prove it.

Offline Wil

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 1
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2009, 02:49:25 PM »
I'm a skeptic like you, Merlyn555
But take something like, for example, life after death-you've got to go there to prove it, right? <-laugh->
Just saying some things, mostly intangibles, can't be tested using the scientific method. There's simply nothing there to grab a hold of for testing.
"Some things are self-evident" and maybe this is just another one of them.
BYW: Is anyone on this forum getting rich good results using this silly H3?    ;D...Wil

Gear Pan
Gold Rat