collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Woodspirit

Dot Guests: 258 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 13016
  • stats Total Posts: 131023
  • stats Total Topics: 18328
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Mining Claims
Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: NOTICE - Posting Rules and Guidelines Reminder  (Read 49962 times)

Offline GPEX admin

• Administrator
  • Province/State: Hope, BC Canada
  • Kudos: 52
  • Larry
    • GPEX Gold And Platinum Explorations
NOTICE - Posting Rules and Guidelines Reminder
« on: September 15, 2009, 12:12:26 PM »
In light of a limited number of occasions in the past, a few more recent, and to thwart any futuristic occurrences, I feel it necessary to pay address to some of the more fundamental Rules and Guidelines governing membership postings within the CGPF. Most of which, falls into the categories of mere common sense and/or due consideration. And it must be remembered by one and all, that though this is a membership group, our Forum pages are open to view by people all across the globe, and I’m sure, rather scrutinized by many within the general public sector. Bearing all things in mind, it is expected of each member, to conduct himself / herself in an up-standing and becoming fashion, so as to add prestige and value to our Forum’s image, not tarnish it. Therefore, I wish to reiterate on the following Rules as they so apply, and without exception, must be adhered to.

Foul language, and vulgarities, ’shall not’ be tolerated whatsoever. And this shall be construed to include blasphemous or degrading remarks, derogatory words or phrases or words purposely misspelled but placed to be construed in unsavory definition. Though possibly common to one’s own vocabulary, how seemingly minor such may appear to one’s own self, the use of certain words or phrases may not be viewed in the same context by all others. In fact, such may be interpreted as offensive or to the extent of being a vulgarity. Therefore, it is of the utmost importance we bear this in mind when making our posts.

Members must not publicly, through posting within this site, harass, badger, denounce, defame, discriminate against or outright discredit another member, because of: a difference of opinion, position, views, interpretation or personal grievance. It is expected any indifferences will be addressed or conducted in a more upstanding fashion. Naturally, opinions may vary, and sometimes dramatically so, but there shall be no slashing, trashing, cut-throating or anything else of the nature. It is expected any such conflict/s or indifferences will be handled in a polite and orthodox fashion. The Forum is not a place to hang dirty laundry, therefore, any such communication or expressions that may feel to be warranted, is to be done through PM’ing (personal messaging). Of this, there is no exception to the Rule. Outright harassment through unwanted repetitive personal mails or interventions, will also, not be tolerated at all. However, the above is not to be misconstrued as to include the expression thereof, or mere difference of, personal opinion, one’s difference in knowledge or, an opposing view. All such is to be presented in an cordial and acceptable fashion within any post.

Be it known that when issues like some of these do arise, from a personal perspective, and I’m assuming the same would be paralleled for Dave, that when I have to leave what I’m doing to intervene in some petty issue, such is not only presented to the world’s beckon view, it also  interrupts important work I happen to be engaged in, and, it can tend to become very irritating. Both a position and feeling I wish not to be unjustifiably thrust into. For when I get owly, it tends to lend a whole new definition to the word. I try my best, so do help me to stay away from irrational acts. And to set the record straight, it is I who taught the jackass how to be stubborn.

Forum Advertising – though we make exception to the posting rule for individual members who fabricate and hold for sale, their own equipment-related creations or modifications thereof, and we further don’t mind their odd plug within the posts, however, in regard to commercial ads, while there may remain a fine line here between commenting on or pointing to where a certain commercial product or item might be purchased, all other such commercial advertising, per se’ is not permitted within the posts. We do offer paid advertising for the commercial entities. Therefore, no links are to be posted within Forum threads which takes an individual (or other person reading same) into the mainframe of a commercial website, where the company’s array of other products (beyond that being discussed) are but a click away. Exception being, the most direct link to the ‘exact’ product page itself, where the item is listed. In addition, it is asked that such a poster limits the commercial information provided in his/her post, beyond lightly touching on such things as the where, pricing and other fundamental data. If sincerely interested, the party receiving such information may then explore the more intricate aspects themselves. In other words, please avoid becoming the company’s sales agent, and should you happen to be, then please contact Dave to discuss such consideration and rates. PLEASE NOTE: An exception to this rule applies in regard to products sold by an entity already advertising within or on Forum pages or within the GPEX website.

Dave has done an excellent job in programming and continually upgrading The Canadian Gold Prospectors Forum, along with the Miners’ Mall and the Miners’ Auctions, all this at our own expense and sacrifice of time. Thus, if we have to continuously monitor the site (baby sit), this then would call for unjust sacrifices on our parts and seriously undermine the fundamentals behind our intent.

Please….. be considerate, get along, comply with our most reasonable Rules, and simply enjoy the opportunity the CGPF brings to all. It’s about sharing experiences, gaining knowledge, and having a common communication platform through which we may all associate with one another. Let each of us do our part in keeping it upstanding, promoting and educational.

Thank you,
Larry – GPEX Admin
Somebody said that it couldn't be done
But he with a chuckle replied
That maybe it couldn't but he wouldn't be one
Who'd say so until he had tried.

Offline spike4031

• Kudos: 1
Re: NOTICE - Posting Rules and Guidelines Reminder
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 03:27:19 PM »
I have just joined this forum and appreciate your rules and regulations and might i say tha the world would be a better place if we applied the same sorts of rules to our every day lives.How do i start a new post? Spike.

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 02:18:20 AM »
I think Dwayne is referring to this post in which someone quotes the rules of the board but I'm not sure why he's upset as it appears to have been him that did exactly what he's upset about.  <-dont~know->

http://gpex.ca/smf/index.php?topic=3184.msg18918#msg18918

I agree with finch, there are far too many posts to expect Larry or Dave to watch everything, especially during the holiday season. We all value the board and all need to do the best of our ability to self police when appropriate while at the same time ourselves abiding by the rules of the board regarding respect of others. :)

If you are referring to the member that I think you are referring to, it actually was GPEX admin that took the action they took so that's a bit confusing as well but sorry for your loss, GPEX admin must have felt their justification was valid, I was not a member so am not familiar with the situation.

I have no regrets about reminding the occasional person not to swear or use racist terms (which I've had to do both of on here) if it saves this board being shut down etc. If Larry and Dave feel that they are the only people who are relied on to police this board, there's a good chance that time commitment would make the board too much of an interference into their normal lives to continue and I don't want to see that and am sure others don't either.

Oh well, just my 2 cents.... cheers.  :)

Jennifer

Offline Five-Oh

• PPT Invited
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 10:21:31 AM »
I agree with Dwayne..

If there is a posting that somebody is not happy about, that posting can be brought to the Admins attention by clicking on the "Report to moderator" link located at the bottom right of each posting.

Site admin can then deal with the issues in a private sidebar which will eliminate he said/she said, nuisance postings on the threads ;)

Cheers

Offline juu907

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 16
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 11:29:56 AM »
dwayne. i too agree with you. you think big bro. is bad try self reg. in your province for a year and see how that turns out. like five-oh says theres a link at the bottom. use it but dont abuse it. a little common sense and some respect will go a long ways. do not overload it with willy nilly nonsense. just glad we are not all the same. way to boreing. jerry

Offline GPEX admin

• Administrator
  • Province/State: Hope, BC Canada
  • Kudos: 52
  • Larry
    • GPEX Gold And Platinum Explorations
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 05:35:15 PM »

Okay, Okay, Okay !  Seems its time to remind all that the simple little thing we all possess, called Common Sense…. should serve as our own guiding light.  There’s absolutely no need whatsoever for situations to develop to a state which then causes such unrest within our family structure.  Personally, I see no reason whatsoever why Dave or I, or any other member should feel need to have to remind any individual about the importance of maintaining self-dignified conduct (policing of the posts).  We all know what will fly and what won’t…. respect of others ought to come naturally and be of one’s foremost consideration. As far as I can see, this latest bump in the road stemmed from very little, thence got blown way out of proportion.  And for what?  Don’t sweat the little things, life’s too short, save the energy for the more serious things along life’s journey.  And not so strange it is, that when one link is opened there’s always others which seem to lose their stronghold - - of that which I refer to here, is better identified in two posts above - - where a certain type of contest has been mentioned.  Now, now, now..... a clear dropping of the ball while knowing such referencing does not conform to the better image and integrity of this site.  Need I remind that in this Forum we have no walls, just wraparound windows, where the whole world looks in.  Rather than tend to these two matter myself (a policing action) I will leave it (self-policing action) to the applicable authors to effect their own corrections - - like I mean, by yesterday.

The only side I’m taking here is that of the better exercise of common sense, courtesy and respect.  Let’s get it back on track, folks.... and thanks for your cooperation.

Somebody said that it couldn't be done
But he with a chuckle replied
That maybe it couldn't but he wouldn't be one
Who'd say so until he had tried.

Offline Mooseman

• PPT Invited
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2010, 05:46:02 PM »
I've removed any posts I made in the offending thread Larry. Thanks for roping it in.

Offline thrashmetalhead

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2010, 09:19:41 AM »
Thanks for remind

Offline murats123

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2010, 06:23:10 AM »
thanks

Offline poke filler

• Province/State: Langley B.C.
  • Kudos: 0
  • my toy
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2010, 02:59:13 PM »
thanks for the info it is always good to have reminders. I am new on this form and can not find where to start a post can you help with this??

Gear Pan
Gold Rat