collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

kodibear

Dot Guests: 145 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12916
  • stats Total Posts: 129538
  • stats Total Topics: 18111
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: DIY Equipment Plans (52 and Growing)  (Read 180109 times)

Offline Pahunter

• Kudos: 0
Re: DIY Equipment Plans (52 and Growing)
« Reply #320 on: April 13, 2016, 11:58:02 AM »
Great site, keep up the good work.

Offline Shrewdly

• Kudos: 4
« Reply #321 on: April 23, 2016, 09:36:23 PM »
These plans came from  a reprint of a 1934 Information Circular from the US Bureau of Mines. I tried uploading the complete document but it wouldn't upload, I suspect  the document is tool large for the site (35 M).  I ended up copying the plans into a MSWord document and I've attached these instead.  The information circular has additional plans for other equipment that could be useful on placer claims. Al though it has some dry statistical sections it does have give examples of existing placer operations and how they solved various operational problems - boulders, water supply, hoisting from pits etc.  A lot the information is just as applicable today as it was 80 years ago, it's a good read.  You can get a copy at www. dggs.alaska.gov/pubs/series/usbm/information-circular
it's listed as IC6786

Offline Shrewdly

« Reply #322 on: April 23, 2016, 09:38:14 PM »
Pumping water and be a major problem especially if you are in remote locations. Hydraulic rams require no pumps or power to move water uphill, just some piping and a little fabrication.  Hope you find this an interesting solution.

Offline goldpanner4life

« Reply #323 on: May 04, 2016, 08:37:28 PM »
Very interesting stuff here...
HGEIGER

Offline Shrewdly

« Reply #324 on: May 10, 2016, 07:14:01 PM »
These plans came from  a reprint of a 1934 Information Circular from the US Bureau of Mines. I tried uploading the complete document but it wouldn't upload, I suspect  the document is tool large for the site (35 M).  I ended up copying the plans into a MSWord document and I've attached these instead.  The information circular has additional plans for other equipment that could be useful on placer claims. Al though it has some dry statistical sections it does have give examples of existing placer operations and how they solved various operational problems - boulders, water supply, hoisting from pits etc.  A lot the information is just as applicable today as it was 80 years ago, it's a good read.  You can get a copy at www. dggs.alaska.gov/pubs/series/usbm/information-circular
it's listed as IC6786

Offline Shrewdly

« Reply #325 on: May 10, 2016, 07:16:07 PM »
Pumping water and be a major problem especially if you are in remote locations. Hydraulic rams require no pumps or power to move water uphill, just some piping and a little fabrication.  Hope you find this an interesting solution.

Offline Locomule

• Province/State: Colorado
« Reply #326 on: May 18, 2016, 08:33:09 PM »
When I click the Downloads link in the original post, I go to a blank page. Don't see any Downloads in the menu or any button. I've done more than 2 posts, even relogged but no go. I'm confused.

Offline kcm

• Province/State: NW Minnesota
  • Kudos: 31
« Reply #327 on: May 18, 2016, 10:25:34 PM »
Which file is it you're trying to access? Look for the Post # next to the dats and time that the post was made.

The first file I see is called ScreenShotMiningPlans.jpg and clicking on it opens up a window asking if I want to view the image or save it to file. Could it be that when you click, that it's just automatically opening the image in another tab or another window? Or could it be downloading it automatically?

kcm
The life of the nation is secure only while the nation is honest, truthful, and virtuous.

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person's determination.

Offline Locomule

• Province/State: Colorado
« Reply #328 on: May 19, 2016, 06:39:09 AM »
Thanks for replying kcm. When I follow the Downloads link in the original post, I get a blank page. I can't see any file, photos, nothing. I'll try again later on a different connection, I'm on my phone. Seems to be accessing everything else just fine.

Offline Aussie_Dan

• Province/State: Queensland
« Reply #329 on: June 07, 2016, 04:08:38 PM »
Thanks for setting this up as it truly is a priceless resource.

I am looking forward to seeing how many of the tools I need can be homemade.

Gear Pan
Gold Rat