collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

pascalfortierkodibear

Dot Guests: 224 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 1

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12961
  • stats Total Posts: 129976
  • stats Total Topics: 18180
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: DIY Highbanker  (Read 165 times)

Offline GoLdGoBliN

• Province/State: British Columbia
  • Kudos: 0
DIY Highbanker
« on: July 16, 2019, 05:38:53 PM »
This is my homemade highbanker that was originally a sheet of 14 gauge aluminum. When building it my main concern was cost effectiveness and being able to transport it easily. This is a light weight highbanker and the hopper is able to fold down into the bottom portion by only taking out two wingnuts. The legs are made out of ABS 2" pipe  are adjustable to increase or decrease pitch, which also come off and can fit into hopper for easy transportation. I ended up using 90 degree aluminum metal with rivets to join the sides together because unless your buddy is a welder its going to cost you big bucks, that money is  put to better use on beers and gas  ;D The spray bars are 1 1/2" ABS pipe with a valve for added control over water flow, running a 2.5 HP pump. On the inside I have V groove matting on the bottom followed by miners moss, expanded metal, and 1/2 riffles. The riffles and handles on the highbanker were the only things I had welded on the whole unit because I felt like those weren't something to try and cut corners on. If anybody has questions or needs help with they're own DIY project feel free to ask! I am also open to comments or suggestions on improvements you might think could make this a better unit (the plastic zip ties are going soon  lol!!!@* ) Have a great day everyone and happy hunting!

Highbanker .jpghighbanker 2 .jpgriffles.jpg

Offline bruno

• Province/State: Coquitlam
  • Kudos: 13
Re: DIY Highbanker
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 07:54:05 PM »
Hi Brandon, welcome to the site. I came across an interesting way for anyone to weld aluminum with the use of a propane torch. You just have to get your aluminum joint up to 728 F and then melt the ALUMIWELD CORED RODS*[email protected] into the joint.
"Imagine being able to repair anything made of Aluminum, Pot Metal and Galvanized Steel using your own propane torch"
https://shopuroo.com/products/alumiweld-cored-rods?fbclid=IwAR0spzMrDczdT7Z-_BOhCHxZtGvbGO-dFQtZh8qQxfzJM3Soqe-hphhLQ_U

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 130
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2019, 08:18:51 PM »
Hi.Nice build. If you are getting better gold in your test pans rethink what you got in your box :) Luck Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline sunshine

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Ontario, but also prospect in BC
  • Kudos: 35
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2019, 10:40:51 AM »
Nice build.  I wonder if you will end up putting  wider feet on it, so they don't sink during use on one side or the other?   At the very least, I think that I would put a plug in the feet so they don't not fill with dirt.
See my YouTube channel for fun amateur video:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnz8kX6AZOeZbRt0F9XqVJA

Offline Kootenay Gold

• Province/State: BC
  • Kudos: 7
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2019, 08:20:05 AM »
is your expanded metal riffle  backwards?
If you can't recognise opportunity you can't take advantage of it!

Offline PrinceGeorgeGoldGuy

• Province/State: BC
  • Kudos: 0
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2019, 08:25:45 AM »
Good eye.... expanded looks backwards

Gear Pan
Gold Rat