collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

pascalfortier

Dot Guests: 188 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12960
  • stats Total Posts: 129968
  • stats Total Topics: 18179
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Hello Canadians!  (Read 3622 times)

Offline Hemlock

• Kudos: 0
Hello Canadians!
« on: February 12, 2008, 05:59:32 AM »
Hello - I'm coming over from Australia for several weeks in August September and would be keen to receive any advice at all about where I could do some prospecting for gold. I have a friend living on a property out near Cache Creek so will probably spend some time up there and we're planning to spend a week or so driving out through the mountains to Calgary. Any general info about where I could take the kids panning for a few days would be grately appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Geoff

Offline shiver

• Administrator
  • Province/State: Canada
  • Kudos: 25
    • CGPF
Re: Hello Canadians!
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 04:02:20 PM »
Welcome to the forum Geoff!! Sounds like quite an adventure  {cool^sign} I'm sure someone can help in one way or another with your panning dilemma ;)

Looking forward to future collaboration

Shiver

Offline CK Cowboy

• Province/State: Kamloops, B.C.
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 01:50:36 PM »
Hey Hemlock
There are some interesting areas around Cache Creek for gold.
The Thompson River holds gold and so doesmost of the creeks that run into it.
Welcome to the form, hope that you enjoy your visit.
Dave
Yellow rocks are my favorite

Offline Golddigger

• Province/State: BC
  • Kudos: 8
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 03:03:20 PM »
welcome to the forum and hoping to read about your outings {cool^sign}

Offline Hemlock

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 02:25:42 AM »
Thanks for the welcome all - and it sounds like Cache Creek area by coincidence will provide us with some good panning opportunities as well. Thanks Dave, I'll try and do a bit more research about the area I'm actually going to. It's apparently quite a large cattle property (ranch) right on the river.

Cheers
Hemlock

Offline bigbarau

• Province/State: Green Lake near 70 Mile House,BC
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2008, 05:33:04 PM »
Hemlock

I live not too far from Cache Creek and may be able to help you when you decide to come over. Drop me an e-mail. There are many areas close to there and other not too far away, espeially if you are here for awhile.

Bigbarau

Offline daemdaem

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 2
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2008, 11:19:25 PM »
Gday Geoff,  If you ask nicely, some of the fellows own Frazer river claims. In about 1870  the locals got about 3000 lbs of Au from one bar .   When at Cache Creek, ask your mate to take you over to Lilloet. Its famous gold country and not too far, then circle around  the Frazer route. Interesting drive,  Heading East  stop at Sicamouse. Beutifull beach often well stocked with kids to play with and a nice free picknick site. Soon you will be passing the Columbia at Revelstoke on your way to Calgary.  About 100kms North they had a fair rush or 2  and lots of claims still active.  There is a small local river called the Jordan comes in about 1 km above the hiway bridge on the Western side  just across from the golf course.  Its a known gold carrier. Just a bit farther up the road is a magnificant new hydro dam. Bet the kids will enjoy that.
My E mail is [email protected]   I was raised in that part of the world and if you drop me a line I might hook you up with my retired mate Rick M.  He is retired in Salmon Arm and really knows that area    Allan