collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 154 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12790
  • stats Total Posts: 127189
  • stats Total Topics: 17780
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Lost & Forgotten About Treasures, Gold Mines & Etc.  (Read 24717 times)

Offline gnome

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Penticton B.C
  • Kudos: 0
Re: Lost & Forgotten About Treasures, Gold Mines & Etc.
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2009, 03:15:44 PM »
phouse,     I.m sorry I didn,t respond to your post but have been away from a computer for awhile .I have done some work on the tulameen and  found a 36 gram platuimun nug. and a 19 gram gold nug right near where lawless enters tulameen river and there is lots more if ya know where to look. However the information I'm more interested in are any legends regarding lost treasure from around that area. thanks for your response I do appricate it.

Offline Ora

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2010, 06:28:04 PM »
Gnome, in addition to Barlees books, he also published a magazine "Canada West" for a period of time during the 70's. They are very similar in nature to his books, but contain a few stories that never went into the books, and vice versa. They are quite difficult to come by but i would guess that if you were to go to the penticton museum/library they may be able to help you out. I am also quite familiar with the area, is there a specific story you are refering to?

Offline QuinanBear

• Kudos: 2
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2018, 09:52:45 PM »
I have been working on the documenting of Slumach's lost mine since last year, gathering videos and pictures. Here are a few of the markers that I found. The tent shaped rock which is actually at the base of a large boulder and there is a pile of rocks on top that show the direction to the mine, The water flowing out from the rock just below the dam. The 100+ foot   dam. A picture of a sample found there.  Might post more later but if not then you can always buy the book when it comes out.
( will divide the pictures in order to load them all).

Offline QuinanBear

• Kudos: 2
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2018, 09:55:42 PM »
 [ Invalid Attachment ]

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 117
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2018, 08:25:58 PM »
Wow .Must of cost a smallfortune to fly all that gear in.You sure as hell did not pack in.So far I only see a  rock with a over hang.Good luck finding a dream.Luck Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline Top Cat

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Langley BC
  • Kudos: 20
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2018, 06:08:40 AM »
I hate to burst your Bubble but a lot of people have searched for that lost mine for many years and spent a lot of money and effort to come out still dreaming.

The pile of rocks on the big boulder "to point the way"  come on no body in there right mind would leave a bread crumb like that, probably another believer that has looked before placed them there .

One thing you are absolutely correct about is " The Scenery is Beautiful"

This guy is not buying any books > The gold is probably all royalties from books already printed and sold... As they say,"a fool and his gold are easily parted"

Just My Opinion

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 117
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2018, 07:20:50 PM »
What I find disturbing to this whole story is Walter Browns account.He claimed there were walnut sized nuggets lying about.If so why were they left behind?Funny how nobody brought out any gold.Ever listen to a fishing story?Guys goes fishing,catches a 12 inch trout.After many tellings that trout becomes a 20lb.Steelhead and so the wheel turns.Luck Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Gear Pan
Gold Rat