collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Wrench57mcbainparadigmshiftkcm

Dot Guests: 83 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12069
  • stats Total Posts: 118980
  • stats Total Topics: 16258
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 743

Author Topic: Lost & Forgotten About Treasures, Gold Mines & Etc.  (Read 18893 times)

Offline GPEX admin

• Administrator
  • Province/State: Hope, BC Canada
  • Kudos: 47
  • Larry
    • GPEX Gold And Platinum Explorations
Lost & Forgotten About Treasures, Gold Mines & Etc.
« on: January 27, 2008, 02:24:24 PM »
Will open this topic primarily for others, but have many tales and accounts which I've researched out and feel to bear good merit - - but will for now, hold back to permit other members free floor space to bring theirs forth.
Somebody said that it couldn't be done
But he with a chuckle replied
That maybe it couldn't but he wouldn't be one
Who'd say so until he had tried.

Offline gnome

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Penticton B.C
  • Kudos: 0
Re: Lost & Forgotten About Treasures, Gold Mines & Etc.
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 02:40:30 PM »
 have you anything on the penticton or tulameen areas ? any storys or info would be greatly apprecieated

Offline rockpup

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Lethbridge, Alberta.
  • Kudos: 7
  • Yar der be gold in dem pans!!
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 06:44:34 AM »
There is a real good book on this topic "historic treasures and lost mines" by N.L Barlee.I purchased it on ebay I dont know if it is still published.I would recomend any book from N.L Barlee, he has alot of historic information and hard to get knowledge on old placer creek locations.

Offline gnome

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Penticton B.C
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 10:44:43 AM »
thanks that is one book of barlees i haven't heard of i think I've readmost of his stuff I'll have to look into that one

Offline rlknox88

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 10:55:42 AM »
has anyone heard of or know where I might find info on a gold heist occurring near kingman which has the stagcoach was robbed and pushed into a arryo still there today and that a posse caught the robbers but killed them before finding where the gold was? some ppl have named this tale the ghost stagecoach robbery.

Offline junior967

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2009, 10:29:50 PM »
rlknox88.... A little more info please. Like what state or area are you referring to when you say kingman? Do you know around what time in history we are talking about? I will see what I can dig up, I also have a friend that is a wiz at locating historical info

Offline Phouse

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 2
  • Don't I Wish
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2009, 03:58:10 AM »
gnome;

The P'house Pub Gold-Panning Team has been going up to Coalmont on the Tulameen, and above for years.  It is our "Social Trip" of the year.  I have found three nice little nuggets, one just downstream from the Forestry Campsite, one out of Blakeburn Creek before it got hydrolicked, and one out of Lawless Creek, just up from the confluence with the Tulameen.  All were under a quarter oz. but way better than a poke in the eye from a sharp stick.  It took many hours and days of solid searching though!  It is an area with very little fine gold, so it can be very discouraging.  We go up there for the feel of the History, to hang out in the Coalmont Hotel and shoot BS stories with the locals.  When we want to find gold we go to Lytton.

Good Luck!!
American by Birth, Canadian by Choice.  And PROUD of it!

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2009, 09:39:27 PM »
There is a real good book on this topic "historic treasures and lost mines" by N.L Barlee.I purchased it on ebay I dont know if it is still published.I would recomend any book from N.L Barlee, he has alot of historic information and hard to get knowledge on old placer creek locations.

There's also a great book that I just picked up at Deakin Industries in Vancouver called "Lost Bonanzas of Western Canada".. very interesting...  [!!DANCE!!]

http://www.bcbooks.com/lostbonanzaswc.html

Jennifer

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2009, 09:46:15 PM »
rlknox88.... A little more info please. Like what state or area are you referring to when you say kingman? Do you know around what time in history we are talking about? I will see what I can dig up, I also have a friend that is a wiz at locating historical info

I'm only guessing but I reckon rlknox was referring to Kingman Arizona, located on I-40 between Needles, California and Flagstaff, Arizona.

This is probably the story they are referring to http://www.legendsofamerica.com/AZ-CanyonStationTreasure.html

Jennifer

ClickTheYellowChick

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2009, 10:03:17 AM »
Hi, Jennifer!  Nice to meet another gal on the forum.  Nice research references you posted for your first posts, THANKS!  Looking forward to reading more about what you are up to, either side of the border! <-yes_>