GOLD PROSPECTING FORUM
Last Shout - Posted by: mcbain - Friday, 24 October 2014 04:04
Hi. B. J. rirght behind you on this one.I remember the Prime Minister that brought all these guys to canada.free citizen ship free couple years on welfare free every thing all you have to do is reac havoc a few years down the road. Well the havoc and war is here.And canada is not ready too fight the wars of crazy religous fanatics that put human life below dog poo.And the silly folks in power still want to take our rights to defend ourselfs.Wee are in for a nightmare that is not going away soon.Luck all Mcbain.
Welcome To The Canadian Gold Prospecting Forum.
Please consider registering to gain full access! - Its free and only takes a few seconds to complete - Click Here.

Gold Prospecting Forums, Gold Prospecting Forum

October 25, 2014, 11:53:54 AM *
A A A A
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Gold Claims For Sale
News: ★★ Join now to access the new downloads section comprising of 52
(and growing) diy prospecting equipment plans, and educational materials. Just click register, make two posts and enjoy. It's that simple!!★★

Home   Blog Search Register  

GOLD PROSPECTING FORUM

Gold Prospecting Forum.

Gold prospectors forum

DIY mining equipment homemade prospecting tools.

Gold Prospecting Forums

GOLD PROSPECTING FORUM mining forum, canadian prospecting forum, american gold prospecting forum. GOLD PROSPECTING EQUIPMENT

GOLD PROSPECTORS NETWORK

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Next   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Bazooka Gold Trap Sluice--Does it Work?  (Read 31242 times)
Vance in AK
PPT Invited
Trade Count: (0)

United States United States

Province/ State: Alaska

0.00 Nuggets

Kudos: 0

My 30 day Activity
0%

Awards
« on: June 25, 2009, 09:35:46 AM »

Just curious about real world results, especially any differences among the models and what they recover.

Vance in AK
PS119:72. The law of your mouth is better to me than thousands of gold and silver pieces.

The Fossicker
CGPF Sponsor

Province/ State: Washington

0.00 Nuggets

Kudos: 6

Awards Forum Sponsor

My 30 day Activity
0%

Awards
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 11:49:43 PM »

Howdy Vance,
First off, the Bazooka is not a Sluice - it's a hand held Dredge that looks like a cylinder with a trap box on the bottom. The Schmidt Sluice is just that - a Sluice, but different than a conventional one. Schmidt is the inventor of the Bazooka Dredge as well. He died some years back and I'm not sure if anyone is selling his unites anymore. The Bazooka was an interesting invention, but one of the problems was that it is angle dependent. I own one of his Sluices and a Combo Unite which was given to me from him to see what I could do with the functional design. I am still playing around with it and perhaps I'll finish that project some day in the near future. Cheers.

The Fossicker

Pyramid Pro Pan" width="468" height="60" border="0
Vance in AK
PPT Invited

0.00 Nuggets

My 30 day Activity
0%

Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 10:35:12 AM »

Hey Fossicker.

Actually they are calling it the Bazooka Sluice now.  Google it & you will find it.  It's a Schmidt design just like the dredge but is just a river sluice with a gold trap rather than riffles.  They make 3 sizes , Mini, Prospector, & a larger one I can't remember the name of.  The mini & prospector looked like they might be the ticket for packpack prospecting.

Vance in AK
PS119:72. The law of your mouth is better to me than thousands of gold and silver pieces.

PlacerPal

Canada Canada

Province/ State: B.C.

0.00 Nuggets

Kudos: 34

Awards Awarded to members who have more than 1000 posts Awarded to members who help to stop forum spam Awarded to members who report forum related errors Awarded to members who won a competition on the forum Awarded to members who have more than 500 posts

My 30 day Activity
0%

WWW Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 05:43:58 PM »

Google US Patent 5476177
Google shows the original patent filed at the US Patent Office (USPTO)

Here also is a quick link;
Schmidt; Howard (Venice, FL)
Sluice trap - Patent Review 5476177

PlacerPal

Canada Canada

Province/ State: B.C.

0.00 Nuggets

Kudos: 34

Awards Awarded to members who have more than 1000 posts Awarded to members who help to stop forum spam Awarded to members who report forum related errors Awarded to members who won a competition on the forum Awarded to members who have more than 500 posts

My 30 day Activity
0%

WWW Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 06:12:55 PM »

Canadians can't use a Bazooka Sluice.   No

Reason - we can't dig in the creeks or river beds and send gravel and
silt downstream. Federal Department of Fisheries (DoF) controls all
fish bearing creeks and rivers and the tributaries feeding them. 

rockpup
PPT Invited

Yar der be gold in dem pans!!

Canada Canada

Province/ State: Alberta

0.00 Nuggets

Awards Awarded to members who have more than 1000 posts Awarded to members who won a competition on the forum Awarded to members who have more than 500 posts

My 30 day Activity
0%

Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2009, 05:17:01 AM »

new issue of lost treasure has a article about the goulde bazooka.People say it does not work well.I would have to disagree,I think its a sweet recovery device.One that Enviromentalist would favour over a floating dredge.I feel subsurface dredging would be easier to get a permit for.I am looking into getting a 5" model.

rockpup
PPT Invited

Yar der be gold in dem pans!!

Canada Canada

Province/ State: Alberta

0.00 Nuggets

Awards Awarded to members who have more than 1000 posts Awarded to members who won a competition on the forum Awarded to members who have more than 500 posts

My 30 day Activity
0%

Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2009, 03:17:50 PM »

Canadians sure can use dredge's.Seen dredge permits and dredging in action,but thats not the point here.Reggie gould sells them,here is what he had to say to me.

" The prices are on my web site Gould Engineering Advanced Gold Recovery Systems under New Bazooka. The 4" is $700,00 which includes the Suction Nozzle, 5 feet of Dredge Hose, the Bazooka and the Nugget Trap with the High Powered magnet.You need to buy a 200 gpm pump 5 HP motor with intake hose and Foot valve ot strainer and 30 feet of 1-1/2" diameter supply hose rated  at 90 psi. As far as silt you would not want to put anything on the output it  would only cause a jam. The Bazooka is a sub-dredge so it sits on the bottom of the river. So the silt also stays on the bottom of the river and mostly stays there. Most people would never know you wre dredging. The conventional dredge puts the silt on the surface of the water and leaves a trail for larhge distances. The Gould-Bazooka is the most enviormental unit on the market. It is also the most effecient unit on the market, a 200 gpm pump will run the entire dredge where most dredges use two pumps. A 200 gpm pump will actually run my 5" dredge." Reggie.

I think that this style of dredge would be alot better than a convential dredge when it comes to enviromentalists.No reason why you could not get a work permit to use this device,with a reclaimation bond.
Also $700.00 dollars is not a bad price when compared to a keene 4"?I am strongly considering one,much easier to set up,costs less,less environmental impact,but might not recover fine gold as well as a keene sluice,but that wouldnt bother me,I can get fine gold anywhere,cant get the nuggets everywhere.
ClickTheYellowChick
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2009, 12:59:21 PM »

Just curious about real world results, especially any differences among the models and what they recover.

Hi, Vance,

I was poking around on YouTube and found this bit of video on the small unit.  I know it isn't exactly what you are looking for, but I felt more informed after watching it than I did before.  Hope this helps

Kind regards
Vance in AK
PPT Invited

0.00 Nuggets

My 30 day Activity
0%

Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2009, 07:09:24 AM »

Thanks Megan.

It was actually that video that started me asking the questions! Wink

Vance in AK

THE GOLD PIRATE

Province/ State: colorado

0.00 Nuggets

My 30 day Activity
0%

Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2009, 11:32:35 PM »

Howdy Vance,
First off, the Bazooka is not a Sluice - it's a hand held Dredge that looks like a cylinder with a trap box on the bottom. The Schmidt Sluice is just that - a Sluice, but different than a conventional one. Schmidt is the inventor of the Bazooka Dredge as well. He died some years back and I'm not sure if anyone is selling his unites anymore. The Bazooka was an interesting invention, but one of the problems was that it is angle dependent. I own one of his Sluices and a Combo Unite which was given to me from him to see what I could do with the functional design. I am still playing around with it and perhaps I'll finish that project some day in the near future. Cheers.

The Fossicker

IT IS A SLUICE!!! NOT A DREDGE !!!! A DREDGE HAS FLOATS ONTHE WATER AND A SLUICE DOES NOT!!!!

oops that caps lock sorry....  as the bazooka gold trap  sets in the water on the bottom of the river stream like this does!!!!    this is all i have to say about this post!!!!!!!!!

THE GOLD PIRATE

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Next   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Jump to: