collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

beav

Dot Guests: 170 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12501
  • stats Total Posts: 124047
  • stats Total Topics: 17148
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Author Topic: Walls of Treasure  (Read 4614 times)

Offline GPEX admin

• Administrator
  • Province/State: Hope, BC Canada
  • Kudos: 47
  • Larry
    • GPEX Gold And Platinum Explorations
Walls of Treasure
« on: January 26, 2008, 03:11:13 PM »
Two tales here - - the most recent, first.

Tale One:
Antigonish, Nova Scotia.  There was a three story building being torn down next to Silver’s Dry Cleaners, the proprietor of which watched the demolition.  I believe it was either an old time hotel or rooming house. As the north-facing wall dropped to the ground, out came a hoard of old liquor bottles, evidently deposited there from someone with an addiction.  The unique part of all this, was, that these bottles still bore their original paper labels in A-1 condition, with the price of “5 cents” clearly stamped on such.  Quite the find for a bottle collector.  However, I couldn’t even talk him out of one.  sniff sniff

Tale Two:
My own younger years, about age 5 and 6.  The older homes were commonly constructed without a plate on the wall structures, merely tying the rafter to the wall studs, leaving open access down into the walls from the attic area.  Place of residence then was a two and a half story building, a side-by-side brick duplex in Kingston, Ontario.  Brother and I used to play in the attic to no end, and down the walls we tossed countless treasures of the day - - comic books, old hockey and baseball cards, and scads of our tin soldiers.  All from the 40’s.  Today, at collector’s prices for items out of that era, there still lies a fortune in those walls.  Quite probably enough to pay the buying price of the whole duplex building.

Lord only knows if I’ll ever even take the initiative, but the memory lingers heavy.
Somebody said that it couldn't be done
But he with a chuckle replied
That maybe it couldn't but he wouldn't be one
Who'd say so until he had tried.

Offline goldenballsdetecting

• Kudos: 0
Re: Walls of Treasure
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 03:17:09 AM »
HI Grex.
Yeah! memories mate , if i had kept half of the stuff that i aquired during my youth. "
especially in the war years, when masses of stuff was being dumped from bombed out houses.

Offline shiver

• Administrator
  • Province/State: Canada
  • Kudos: 23
    • CGPF
Re: Walls of Treasure
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 03:21:59 PM »
A contractor doing remodeling work found a fortune in old, rare bills. A very interesting story.

YouTube - Hidden Treasure Found in Wall !