collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 179 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12991
  • stats Total Posts: 130634
  • stats Total Topics: 18282
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: cheap miners moss  (Read 31210 times)

Offline Guest

• New user
  • Province/State: bc
  • Kudos: 1
Re: cheap miners moss
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2009, 11:05:08 AM »
through Jelco supplies on Mackenzie Avenue, just pass Cariboo Gm car dealership, they can get you in backed or unbacked one is the 8050 the other I think is 8055..but they are pricey...Guest,   if your looking for suction hose try Tasco on Exeter

Offline FXfore

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2009, 04:35:51 PM »
Do you know if they stock it or do they have to order it in? Thanks by the way.

Offline Guest

• New user
  • Province/State: bc
  • Kudos: 1
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2009, 05:36:21 PM »
The 8050 matting Nomad miners moss in a varitiy of wonderful colour and shades would have to be ordered in from Henderson matting out of Vancouver, the suction hose Tasco in Wms LK usally has some in stock and another source would be Highland irrigation, it's their off season so you might be able to dicker wtih them, you ever do any snooping around Bradley or Murfey Lake area fore gold and such...Guest

Offline FXfore

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2009, 08:47:17 PM »
Thanks for the info, Im new to this panning thing and am not sure where Bradley or murphey lake are. Would they be out near the Canim lk area? Ive only lived up here for the last 3 years, we moved from Kamloops so I dont really know the area that well.

Offline chandlersheep

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2009, 03:23:24 PM »
Lots of helpful information and good leads.
Thanks all

Offline Xylanman

• Province/State: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2010, 03:07:20 PM »
So nobody ever answered the question about the scotch-brite pads. As i have very fine Gold on the North Sask. river im thinking it might trap better then the miners moss for me, andd then again i might be talking out of my ass. I do however know where i could get a roll of it 8"x20' rolls from Greggs Distributors.

honeyman76

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2010, 03:14:09 PM »
I really don;t see why scotchbrite wouldn't work. As long as the pads were firmly pressed down so that the gold doesn't wash down and out of your sluice box.

Offline GollyMrScience

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Near Edmonton Alberta
  • Kudos: 160
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2010, 05:35:02 PM »
The scotchbrite type stuff works pretty good but it is a real pain to clean out. Holds a lot of material and doesn't seem to get very good scour down into the mat so often find lighter stuff down in the matting. For a regular sluice I did not see much advantage over miners moss. On a "rug only" sluice it seems to work better than in a it does when under riffles.
What the heck - lets just keep mixin' stuff together till it blows up or smells REALLY bad!

JimMcCullough

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2010, 08:49:03 AM »
I am going to try this stuff. Non slip shelf liner. Sold in rolls and sheets at dollar stores, Wally world,Can tire etc... I got stuff with different size holes and thickness. It's made of PVC and compresses nice for a good seal under the riffles or expanded metal. I will try different combinations with the layers(small small small medium coarse or small medium small medium coarse and so on). The individual layers should only require a couple dips in the clean up tub.The solid black stuff I'll put on the bottom.The various dollar stores usually only have one or two types so shop arround for the combination you like if you want to try it for yourself. I will try with the holes staggerred or lined up to see how they scour.DSC05168.bmpDSC05170.bmpDSC05170.bmp

Offline mygrain

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 10
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2010, 03:39:57 PM »
try driwall rainscreen  works better than minors moss, i got lots of it. mygrain

Gear Pan
Gold Rat