collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Tickletimekosocatcgofyyc

Dot Guests: 140 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12365
  • stats Total Posts: 123388
  • stats Total Topics: 16949
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 743

* Advertisers

Author Topic: Southern Ontario Money Stash  (Read 14609 times)

Offline Detectorman

• Province/State: Surrey BC
  • Kudos: 1
Re: Southern Ontario Money Stash
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2010, 11:13:40 PM »
Hmmmm... gonna take a little more time to figure this out.

Gold is where you find it.

I found mine in the parks and schoolyards of the Lower Mainland.

Offline juu907

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 15
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2010, 11:33:02 PM »
 <-wave->detectorman believe me you are not the first with the problem. just click on choose file it will bring up your docs and downloads files. click on the item you want and click save. it will transfer to a space next the choose file box skip past attachment 1,2,3 or whatever now if you want another pic up skip over to more attachments and click. another choose file box will appear below the last one. repeat this for each pic or file you want to show. took me a month to figure it out and still mess up on occasion. hope this helps. nice finds by the way.  cheers.   jerry

Offline juu907

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 15
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2010, 02:42:58 PM »
 <-yahoo_>treasure in a different sorta way. about a month ago two fellows who live above our homestead on the river system decided to see if they could make it into town on the river via snowmachine anyhow two machines lost in about 6ft of very cold water. two wet guys rescued 3 days later.

last weekend dave one of the guys and a friend went back to the area of the sinking with a metal detector. they found daves machine with the detector in a short time. cut through 12" of ice and retrieved the $12,000 machine. i dont know what the detector was but it was a cheapy of some kind and showed the machine through a foot of ice and 2 or 3 feet of water.

a $12,000 save i consider that a treasure.   MERRY CHRISTMAS    JERRY

Offline Detectorman

• Province/State: Surrey BC
  • Kudos: 1
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2010, 03:46:09 PM »
I remember reading that story somewhere... those guys are probably lucky to be alive.

Metal detectors will sense very large objects at quite a distance.

That was a good save for sure !!

Gold is where you find it.

I found mine in the parks and schoolyards of the Lower Mainland.

Offline shiningdawn

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2010, 03:36:37 PM »
For You Southern Ontario Treasure Hunters

A freebee for you, well, almost, as I anticipate you will honor me with the second most important one found.  You get to keep the best one, and all the rest. Thatís not too much to ask, is it ?  A mere token of accomplishment.

True story - - an old timer living alone, somewhere between the 1940ís and 1950í used to hide his money stash, of which was known to be in the form of coins, in the cracks of the hardhead rocks across the creek from his cabin. He had died and though some of the locals tried to learn exactly where, no one ever found his treasure trove. True !! However, with todayís metal/gold detectors, and a few hours, quite likely you could find it. This came from a good source back then, who knew the old boy, and conveyed the story.

Area - - north of Highway 7, up Highway 41.

Rather than cause a mad rush, Iíll feed this out one at a time. Must have a detector, can devote at least the day for it (a most beautiful drive anyway), can convince me youíll not sit on it but rather formulate positive planning to visit the site, and would be honest enough to share the good news with me. No guarantees, but I do know the story was good. Else I would never have held it in until now.

Any takers ? 
 <-good_>There is lots of snow there now, But that sounds very exciting. I would like to spend a few days trying in the early spring.

Offline bradenburke

• New user
  • Province/State: Ontario
  • Kudos: 0
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2016, 08:37:48 AM »
Hey Larry,
this post has been up for a few years now, so this could be a longshot, but I live within an hour of Kaladar and I've driven down highway 41 many times.  I'm willing to give it a shot if there's been no progress! I am keen on this kind of adventure. It would be nice to know more details on the location, I have the tools and attitude to do this. Cheers.

Braden

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 58
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2016, 06:21:11 PM »
Hi.BB.Larry was the founder of this forum.He can not reply as he recently passed away.Make a second post to become a full member.Luck Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.