collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 194 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 1

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 13054
  • stats Total Posts: 131630
  • stats Total Topics: 18400
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Mining Claims
Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Check out my assay?  (Read 164 times)

Offline Reveriequaint

• Province/State: NL
  • Kudos: 0
Check out my assay?
« on: January 15, 2020, 12:04:33 AM »
Msg and Iíll send you the files, can only add one screenshot to my post, so I decided to do it via message

Look all you want lol please respond with your opinion

Offline jobinyt

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 22
Re: Check out my assay?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 07:53:26 AM »
I think the assay isn't very meaningful without some info on how the sample(s) were collected.

Offline Reveriequaint

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2020, 11:15:28 AM »
The samples were collected using a hammer and chisel from a quartz vein in NL, I was wearing no jewellery while collecting and the samples were bagged immediately with no chance of contamination. If any more info is needed please ask Iím very new to this

Offline mentalcoincoin

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: B.C.
  • Kudos: 21
  • Tip Of The $pear
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2020, 02:53:21 PM »
What you will need is a GPS to record your co-ordinates of where you got your sample.  Most all hard rockers using there magnifying loupe collect  a good size chunky sample ,split it in into two samples of decent size( atleast 1/2-3/4 size of your fist  each one .One is for your own records,its called a keeper bag  and should be numbered/dated/GPS co-ordinates/even description of,as well as area,then its put into a decent quality plastic baggy(This is kept in a safe place for your records in case needed at some date to substantiate the find.The other then is sent to a independent assay lab of your choice,where they will render you an assay you choose ,for apprx  $50/$60 a piece. If you think gold of quality maybe in your sample,you can request the pulp back from the lab.This kind of a sample is called a selected grab sample.   If its gold that interests you,then you could always crush and pan your own sample,saving a few bucks. Best Of Luck <_miner_>

Offline Reveriequaint

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2020, 03:56:40 PM »
Thank you very much I have additional samples I will attempt to smelt using a high powered propane forge I have on the property, once Iím done planning anyway. Much appreciation

Mining Claims
BC Gold