collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

kodibearfishboy3@telus.netHardpan82

Dot Guests: 219 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 13054
  • stats Total Posts: 131627
  • stats Total Topics: 18400
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Mining Claims
Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Scooping expired claim  (Read 663 times)

Offline Ruby Silver

• Province/State: British Columbia
  • Kudos: 11
Re: Scooping expired claim
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2020, 11:31:35 PM »
First off a bidding system is the worst idea out there. Now we would be giving more money to the government and basically you would be bidding against lots of big $ companies and people, making your chances even worse.

Second calling this an unfair system is about as far away from the truth there is. Everyone has the exactly equal chance of getting a claim when it expires. Yes there are some tricks to better the chances of doing so but no one has an inside advantage or anything like that. You have to realise alot of people practise staking everyday because the competition is high on good claims. You know how you get good? Practise. It's funny how people always say it's unfair and rigged but dont want to put in the time and effort to better thier skills, and would rather just call the government to add more control over the people. All it takes is 5 minutes a day, try with any claim, practise your timing and get in down. If you get the claim you dont have to buy it you can let it go, doesn't cost you anything to practise staking. Yes its frusterating to lose and it happens and will always happen but rather then complain and moan about everyone else, how about we look at the big picture and realise its thr complainers lack of effort into learning MTO and staking is the real reason of the frustration.

"First off a bidding system is the worst idea out there."

I disagree. People do not usually bid more than something is worth, unless they are just outright foolish and don't do their homework. Second, it will keep the fast draw flippers from picking up all the claims for $80 a cell and listing them for sale the next day at $5000. If they think the claim is worth it they will have to pay for it too.

"Second calling this an unfair system is about as far away from the truth there is."

Disagree again. Some people will never master the computer and MTO staking, may not have the fast computers or high speed internet. Others live in the country and may not have internet at all. They may have to go to a B.C. access centre to do staking.

Think it through, the system is not fair for some and real fair for others.  [&whistle#] Guess it depends on where you're sitting.  <-laugh->
Went to the old school of Hard Knocks... Pain is a good teacher. Becareful out there ya'all. :0)

Offline TBark

• Kudos: 7
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2020, 03:17:13 AM »
Good info, thanks.
So if the captcha is on the way out, what will the new system be?
Will see next week I guess.

TBark

Offline Youngnugget(Goo)

• Province/State: Abbotsford/BC
  • Kudos: 2
  • If ya can still feel your hands, your ok
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2020, 05:51:07 PM »
First off a bidding system is the worst idea out there. Now we would be giving more money to the government and basically you would be bidding against lots of big $ companies and people, making your chances even worse.

Second calling this an unfair system is about as far away from the truth there is. Everyone has the exactly equal chance of getting a claim when it expires. Yes there are some tricks to better the chances of doing so but no one has an inside advantage or anything like that. You have to realise alot of people practise staking everyday because the competition is high on good claims. You know how you get good? Practise. It's funny how people always say it's unfair and rigged but dont want to put in the time and effort to better thier skills, and would rather just call the government to add more control over the people. All it takes is 5 minutes a day, try with any claim, practise your timing and get in down. If you get the claim you dont have to buy it you can let it go, doesn't cost you anything to practise staking. Yes its frusterating to lose and it happens and will always happen but rather then complain and moan about everyone else, how about we look at the big picture and realise its thr complainers lack of effort into learning MTO and staking is the real reason of the frustration.

"First off a bidding system is the worst idea out there."

I disagree. People do not usually bid more than something is worth, unless they are just outright foolish and don't do their homework. Second, it will keep the fast draw flippers from picking up all the claims for $80 a cell and listing them for sale the next day at $5000. If they think the claim is worth it they will have to pay for it too.

"Second calling this an unfair system is about as far away from the truth there is."

Disagree again. Some people will never master the computer and MTO staking, may not have the fast computers or high speed internet. Others live in the country and may not have internet at all. They may have to go to a B.C. access centre to do staking.

Think it through, the system is not fair for some and real fair for others.  [&whistle#] Guess it depends on where you're sitting.  <-laugh->
Cant agree with this more <-good_>

Offline Ruby Silver

• Province/State: British Columbia
  • Kudos: 11
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2020, 11:17:24 PM »
I guess trying to keep up with the times and the new way of doing things can be interesting. Internet staking and filing etc.  [^Crazy!#] [&whistle#]

I thought the draw from the hat was a good idea. They do it for limited entry hunting still. I think.  <-thinking->

Wasn't all that long ago a person had to go out in the field to stake a claim. Cut your posts, nail your tags and cut and mark your lines. If it a miner thought it was worth it. Then file your reports and hand made maps at the gold commissioner's and pay a percentage for your statement of work.  And, 2 placer claims per miner. <-yes_>

Things change. Sometimes for the good.  Grid staking and certainty of claim boundaries by coordinates and GPS locating in the field.  <-good_> No more dogs breakfast like in the old overlaps and fractions (still lots of that from old legacy).

Carry on. We must endeavor to persevere.  <-good_>  [<-panning->] <_miner_>
Went to the old school of Hard Knocks... Pain is a good teacher. Becareful out there ya'all. :0)

Offline August

• Province/State: B.C.
  • Kudos: 0
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2020, 09:28:37 PM »
When I see old timer posts I look around because I am not the first one to walk said ground.kind of eerie . What were they thinking?  <-NO_> <-NO_> <_miner_>

Offline geezir

• Kudos: 47
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2020, 02:14:57 PM »
There is no system in the world that is fair to everyone. We are all different and have varying skills. The fast average person can run 100m in about 15 seconds. The qualifying time for the 2012 Olympics was under 10.18 seconds. Usain Bold holds the current record at 9.58 seconds the second fastest is 9.69 seconds. So if I were trying to get a "RE" claim against a "Bolt" I would lose. The prospector loses and the computer guy wins under the current system.

Offline the gold guy

• Province/State: bc
  • Kudos: 5
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2020, 06:33:14 PM »
I think you should have to get to mining after two years or it goes back to the MTO . Then have public hobby claims for people that want play.

Offline Youngnugget(Goo)

• Province/State: Abbotsford/BC
  • Kudos: 2
  • If ya can still feel your hands, your ok
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2020, 06:47:31 PM »
There is no system in the world that is fair to everyone. We are all different and have varying skills. The fast average person can run 100m in about 15 seconds. The qualifying time for the 2012 Olympics was under 10.18 seconds. Usain Bold holds the current record at 9.58 seconds the second fastest is 9.69 seconds. So if I were trying to get a "RE" claim against a "Bolt" I would lose. The prospector loses and the computer guy wins under the current system.
Well put geezir <-good_>

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 145
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2020, 06:53:10 PM »
Hi.If you do not file a SOW or pay in lieu of It does go back to the goverment.There are many sq,kms of staked useless ground out there mostly held by large mining corps.Just incase.Most of that ground the average miner does not want.Point I am trying to make is just becuase somebody staked it .Does not mean anything is there. Luck ,Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline JOE S (INDY)

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Trapper Creek, Alaska with Winters in Idaho
  • Kudos: 84
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2020, 07:55:44 PM »
To continue that thought - I, personally, know a few larger operators and without exception they stake an extra bit of ground to act as "Yellow Metal Parking Lots.  Ground without Gold (or much Gold) is still valuable for staging areas, parking locations as well as clean-up sheds and general camps.  After setting those areas up it is MUCH more efficient to leave them undisturbed throughout the mining phase and just pull out at the end. 
Wiser Mining Through Endless Personal Mistakes

Gear Pan
Gold Rat