collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

kodibear

Dot Guests: 213 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 13064
  • stats Total Posts: 131809
  • stats Total Topics: 18419
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Mining Claims
Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: How to take a screenshot  (Read 422 times)

Offline Xplore

• Province/State: BC
  • Kudos: 18
How to take a screenshot
« on: December 24, 2019, 02:23:05 PM »
A prominent member of this forum asked me about this today so I thought I would share.

How to take a screenshot image

ON A MAC
Command + Shift + 4

ON A PC / WINDOWS
FN + PrntScrn

FN = bottom left on keyboard
PrntScrn = upper right

Have fun!

-Xplore

North Vancouver, BC

Offline kcm

• Province/State: NW Minnesota
  • Kudos: 31
Re: How to take a screenshot
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2020, 01:49:05 PM »
Allow me to add a small note. I'm using Windows 10 and a Logitech wireless keyboard....whatever difference those may make.

I use Print Screen nearly every day. All I have to do is hit the Print Screen button; no FN (function) key necessary for me.
The life of the nation is secure only while the nation is honest, truthful, and virtuous.

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person's determination.

Offline JOE S (INDY)

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Trapper Creek, Alaska with Winters in Idaho
  • Kudos: 85
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2020, 07:46:27 PM »
I don't have Win 10 ( I have Win 7 Pro  <-yahoo_> <-yahoo_> <-yahoo_> ) but I do have a Walmart Logitech wireless keyboard (like so many). 

I have been very successful in using either "Alt" or "Control"  +"Print Screen", next hitting the lower left "Windows" key, followed by selecting "Paint". 

Then "Control+V" puts the saved screen in "Paint". 

Then, in the very upper left corner second icon down (looks like a book with lines) choose "Save As" (I save them in a special thumb drive) and the screen is saved in the thumb drive for all time.   [-1st-]

One Happy Camper here!   <-yahoo_> <-yahoo_> <-yahoo_> <-yahoo_>

Joe

Wiser Mining Through Endless Personal Mistakes

Offline kcm

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2020, 10:22:54 PM »
Joe, I used to feel the same way about Win 10. But since the only means of Tv we have is streaming online with very slow internet or watching DVD's we made from our Dish Network days, I got a Win 10 PC to process videos. Once I got it all tuned up the way I like, it's a LOT faster than Win 7, plus it has more options and is more customizable.

Seems most folks these days like the tiles and Cortana and stuff. Not me! On my other Win 10 PC (the faster one), I removed Cortana altogether! I swore up and down I'd never get a Win 10 machine, but now I love it! A HUGE step up from anything prior that Windows had.

Also, I was all set to try my had with Linux when I got this machine. Did tons of research and even downloaded the Linux OS that I preferred. That's as far as it went.

By the way, for anyone wanting to make their existing PC even more secure, look into a free program called VeraCrypt.

The life of the nation is secure only while the nation is honest, truthful, and virtuous.

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person's determination.

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 145
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2020, 08:57:39 PM »
Hi.K it has been along time glad to see you back.Luck mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline kcm

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2020, 10:01:12 PM »
Thanks Mark.

Seems life had different plans for us, so finally accepted that I'd never get the chance to try prospecting. I tried to help out here when I could back then, but it's hard continuing to learn about something you know you'll never get to do. Only gold in my part of the world is in the morning sun.  ;)  From the Don Williams song, I'm Just A Country Boy,
"I've got silver in the stars[/size]And gold in the mornin' sun"

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 145
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2020, 07:20:42 PM »
Hi.K from your pics it looks like your farm is producing.I hope it is working for you.There is more than one way to find gold.The smart way and the way of wishfull thinking.Prospecting is pretty much the same as playing the lotto.Luck Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline kcm

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2020, 05:57:36 AM »
Thanks Mark.

Yup, still in the planning stages though. Might as well call myself a Professional Planner these days.  <-unsure_>

In our area, there's no Farmer's Markets or roadside produce. Might be a guy selling taters in town or a sign for corn, but that's it. Bad climate for growing. So the "plan" is to make row covers to extend the season, eventually to include a heated starter building so plants can sprout and grow some before being transplanted after last frost.

Have all the materials and such. Just need LIFE to stop throwing monkey wrenches (and everything else) at me.  ^#!

.......I wonder if there's a market for mosquitoes? I get bumper crops of them every year, and don't even have to work for it!  [-1st-]

Offline Computer Technician

• Province/State: Ontario
  • Kudos: 3
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2020, 08:55:20 AM »
FOR WINDOWS 10

Fn + windows key + PrtSc
see the picture

You have to press and hold Fn+ Windows icon key and then press on PrtSc 
The screen will flash for sec , which means pictures has been taking :)
that is all

Gear Pan
Gold Rat