collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 188 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 13006
  • stats Total Posts: 130881
  • stats Total Topics: 18308
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Mining Claims
Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: New -boiler-box-high-banker  (Read 107815 times)

Offline CaribooAu

• CGPF Sponsor
  • Province/State: Prince George
  • Kudos: 55
    • Boilerbox Highbankers
New -boiler-box-high-banker
« on: April 29, 2009, 10:48:23 PM »
Hey guy's an gal's.....well I've been so swamped lately with family - work and now my newest hobby other then gold prospecting.. <-d'oh->.......well this is the newest thing out-a my shop.....it's A light weight highbanker that will still run as much gravel as A normal one and easy and fast to set up......just put it down hook up the hose and start the pump and away you go.......I have made A few wood ones of this design and liked it so I made A lighter weight one........miner-moss and 1/4 inch grizzly.....any gold bigger then that and well  <-shock_> you'll see it.......here is A video walk through of my newest baby.......let me know what you think.. <-thinking->

YouTube - highbanker sluice...boiler - box
May The Fever Be With You...

Offline bill-costa rica

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: playa samara costa rica
  • Kudos: 0
Re: New -boiler-box-high-banker
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 02:00:25 PM »
nice work !  ;D i would like to see 2 things. 1 is a high banker that gets rid oversize , so you don't have to did it out by hand. the other is i would like to see a video of your new baby working.

bill-cr

Offline CaribooAu

• CGPF Sponsor
  • Province/State: Prince George
  • Kudos: 55
    • Boilerbox Highbankers
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 08:25:46 PM »
Hey....Bill........this was designed to be A packer that still produces.........I have other designs that are more what your talking about but they will weigh twice as much.......I'll be doing A video soon of my baby on the claim in action......I post when done.......thanks for the input.....D'arcy.
May The Fever Be With You...

Offline rockpup

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Lethbridge, Alberta.
  • Kudos: 7
  • Yar der be gold in dem pans!!
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 12:27:40 PM »
Nice build,metal is so much better than wood.I have to spend a little money ,I really like the pop and son sluice ,I have plans for one that is 95-98 percent effective on smaller gold,not sure exact size.This unit looks like it should have very little gold loss.I like the idea of the boil box or even just a long skid plate help things settle down.I would like to make a real narrow long sluice with this weird expanded stucco mesh I found.

Offline bill-costa rica

• PPT Invited
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 02:04:52 PM »
rockpup

I use a double layer of plasters lathe or as you have called it stucco lathe in my clean up sluice.
it works great. I don't know how well it would work as a primary recovery. maybe the popandson type sluice as the mains then a lathe sluice for clean up. I screen my cons from my 10 inch dredge down to 1/4 minus then into the clean up sluice. the super cons into a gold wheel. after the wheel what left goes into a tumbler with caustic soda and mercury. pretty much gets it all. what I don't get I don't worry about.

bill-cr

Offline rockpup

• PPT Invited
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 06:03:08 PM »
Nice that sounds like easy recovery,with awesome results.I had borrowed a gold wheel last year works great(gold genie).I am going to buy just the bowl,there cheap get my own motor satnd.I think desrt fox sells them.
The lathe works very well,I used double layer but I am afraid does not work as well as single,maybe thats not true?Do you use deep v-rib rubber matt or backed miners moss on the last layer?

Offline bill-costa rica

• PPT Invited
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2009, 07:31:09 AM »
what I used was  12 inches of slick plate, then the double layer of lathe over the short nap astro turf to cut down on the amount of cons. total length is 4 feet

my wheel is really old, it is a gold hound. had it for more than 20 years. I have 2 motors and pumps.  12 volt and 110. makes it a use any where wheel. I never have used a blue bowl .

bill-cr

Offline rockpup

• PPT Invited
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2009, 07:35:20 AM »
Astro turf.Lots of people use that,do you find its nearly as effective as miners moss?
If its a little gold loss I would not care, if its less clean up of cons.
I will have to get some its cheaper than miners moss by far!

Offline bill-costa rica

• PPT Invited
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2009, 07:52:22 AM »
I only use the astro turf with the clean up sluice.
it has very little water flow down the sluice. I put the clean up sluice inside my main box after I have cleaned it out and control the water flow with the motor and pump on the dredge on the main sluice I use un back miners moss bar riffle nut trap and the rest is amour weave

bill-cr

Offline rockpup

• PPT Invited
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2009, 08:40:50 AM »
Dude you have any pictures you could send me(email)?Looks like a good sytem,If i wasnt so poor i was going to get a dredge permit this year.But I am not going to renew the claim I was going to dredge.Sticking more with metal detectors this year.I have a lead on a creek where gold was found in the past,and no one has claims on yet,I dont think ,that may have changed since my last mto visit.

Gear Pan
Gold Rat