collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

kodibearSlatco

Dot Guests: 187 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 13064
  • stats Total Posts: 131809
  • stats Total Topics: 18419
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Mining Claims
Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Insane weather  (Read 307 times)

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 145
Insane weather
« on: November 25, 2019, 07:18:37 PM »
Hi.Guys we spent the weekend at my tent CMMC and friend.All was great we just hunkerd down foe a good nights sleep when all hell broke lose.About 11 pm hurricane force winds were howling,Blew right down the chimney smoking us out,could not see or breath.Then down cme the chimney,with a good fire going in the tent stove.I grapped a metal bucket and some leather gloves and got the wood out of the stoveand doused the coals with water.That took care of the stove and kept the tent from catching fire.Then the second 747 jet hit us ( that is what it sounded like for 4 hours).Tarps were shredding and the center pole folded in half leaving us with about 4 ft of head room.It was raining but we were still dry.we decided the only thing todo was get back in the sleeping bags and hope for the best.It finally got calm around 3 am and we got some sleep.I got up around 8 am and surveyed the damage tent down trees down and stacked cordwood blown over.got the propane stove going and had some coffee and we had a good laugh,we survived.Only took a couple hours to straighten out most of the mess.I need a new center pole.which I have got a good oak pole no more aluminium for me.After all that horror we still had a good weekend Chris found some gold and I got a bunch more wood cut.See what next weekend brings us,Luck Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline JOE S (INDY)

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Trapper Creek, Alaska with Winters in Idaho
  • Kudos: 85
Re: Insane weather
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2019, 09:50:21 PM »
You always have an exciting time on your adventures!   <-shock_> <~ShOcK~> <-shock_> <~ShOcK~>

Maybe a well drained dugout (mostly below ground) type reinforced bunker would be safer!  Maybe even with a "sacrificial first floor" to appease the weather demons.

Glad you all came through in good shape.   <-yahoo_>

Joe

Wiser Mining Through Endless Personal Mistakes

Offline Ruby Silver

• Province/State: British Columbia
  • Kudos: 12
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2019, 10:58:51 PM »
Last time I was in one of those biggies I thought of the Wizard of Oz.   <~ShOcK~>

I thought for sure  I would be carried off. It was a down pour and water up to the rocker panels, lightning everywhere.

I was passing by an equipment dealer and hopped out of the truck and into a D8. I thought danged if I was gonna let it haul me off into the clouds easy. <-NO_>

Mother nature can be tough when she's wants to. What'd you do to P her off?  <-laugh->  Glad no injuries and hope you guys got some mining time in.   <-good_>
Went to the old school of Hard Knocks... Pain is a good teacher. Becareful out there ya'all. :0)

Offline Youngnugget(Goo)

• Province/State: Abbotsford/BC
  • Kudos: 4
  • If ya can still feel your hands, your ok
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2020, 10:43:54 PM »
Sounds like a wild time

Offline dementor

• New user
  • Kudos: 0
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2020, 11:22:36 AM »
You should not complain about the weather, we often have winds and hurricanes, so this is not surprising, I myself got in bad weather conditions.

Gear Pan