collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

chekaracanada

Dot Guests: 195 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 13016
  • stats Total Posts: 131010
  • stats Total Topics: 18326
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Mining Claims
Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Prospecting rules  (Read 485 times)

Offline BC NUGGET HUNTER

• Province/State: Vancouver BC Canada
  • Kudos: 0
Prospecting rules
« on: September 14, 2019, 01:30:40 PM »
Hi Iíve have heard that it is now illegally to use a high banker is this true <-NO_> I would like to know

Offline Suave

• Province/State: British Columbia
  • Kudos: 20
Re: Prospecting rules
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2019, 02:59:38 PM »
Hi Iíve have heard that it is now illegally to use a high banker is this true <-NO_> I would like to know

It is only against regulations using a highbanker on a mineral tenure. On a placer tenure, highbankers are still permitted provided you use a settling pond and are 3 meters from the river bank or 10 meters on the Fraser.

Keep On Diggin_Suave

Offline suburbanator

• Adventurer
  • Province/State: BC
  • Kudos: 18
  • https://youtu.be/RhFRkgpURW0
    • youtube channel
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2019, 10:43:39 AM »
So I guess the guys that have Mineral claims on the Coq River are going to have stop using high bankers... As if that is going to happen !!!

It has always been against the rules to use a high-banker in that area (for quite a while!),  but that  is a nice blanket pot shot at those of us that own both mineral and placer claims.     I visit the mineral claims in that stretch at least 1-2 times per month,  i don't see anything other than  lots of casual campers around trying their luck with a gold pan (without permission I might add!).

Offline Suave

• Province/State: British Columbia
  • Kudos: 20
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2019, 12:26:06 PM »
So I guess the guys that have Mineral claims on the Coq River are going to have stop using high bankers... As if that is going to happen !!!

There is no doubt that highbankers have been used on the Coquihalla, whether in the past or present tense. There is also no doubt that illegal activities transpire in other areas of the province as well. Unfortunately, this reflects badly on those of us who do abide by the rules and regulations. In addition, I might add that a lot of this misuse stems from claim jumpers and not the tenure owners themselves.

I strongly agree with Chad. I own 8 cells on the Coquihalla, seven of which are mineral tenures and one designated placer claim. I have never used a highbanker on any mineral tenure, nor do I condone any such behavior.

Gear Pan
Gold Rat