collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 174 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 13003
  • stats Total Posts: 130796
  • stats Total Topics: 18302
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: N.O.W. or NOT???  (Read 508 times)

Offline DoftheNorth

• Province/State: British Columbia
  • Kudos: 0
N.O.W. or NOT???
« on: September 04, 2019, 12:48:14 PM »
Well, I am thoroughly confused and now afraid all the work I did this summer was for not!!

Regarding the Notice of Work application, when I obtained my FMC and placer claim last fall I was given a lot of information, including but not limited to Information update #38 which as I'm sure you"re all aware basically stated N.O.W. applications and permits were not required for small hand mining operations. Recently I have been seeing a lot of chatter on mostly Facebook based mining groups that they changed it so you DO in fact need to file a N.O.W. and let the powers that be decide if you need permits or not, prior to doing any work on your claim.

I have searched around the Internets and cannot find anything definitive, I don't speak fluent "government" and they really seem to have an issue with yes and/or no answers. I saw the post from back in March I believe about it being rescinded and the ensuing banter about which part was or was not changed but it seemed to be a minor issue so I didn't look into any deeper at the time, kinda wish I had though...

I went ahead and submitted my S.O.W. report anyways, but am afraid it will all be rejected due to my not filing a N.O.W. because I was unaware of the changes. So tell me oh wise and wonderful GPEX'ers.......... Am I screwed??????

HHHEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline geezir

• Kudos: 43
Re: N.O.W. or NOT???
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2019, 05:47:41 PM »
The current anti mining regime has in fact rescinded many of the info update guides.
HOWEVER THE LAW HAS YET to change
In BC the Environmental Management Act regulates the activity of "Waste disposal" into the environment largely by Section 6. Waste must not be produced unless under permit or exemption. The material from a placer operation is waste.
An exemption is granted by the Environmental Management Act, Placer Mining Waste Control Regulation for hand panning and hand mining where the intake of a washwater delivery system does not exceed 38 mm. A system with a 1.5" pump. Any small mechanical assisted placer activity needs a NOW permit.

Offline Top Cat

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Langley BC
  • Kudos: 26
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2019, 06:05:16 AM »
It's no wonder why there are so many claim jumpers, there are to many rules and regulations for miners of small scale operations.

Claim jumpers don't have to worry about NOW's or SOW's If we didn't have all the rules and regulations people would get their own claims.

Don't get me wrong we need some restrictions but the Government needs to make them less complicated.

Just my thoughts !!

Offline BC Handyman

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Cranbrook, BC
  • Kudos: 15
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2019, 12:03:16 AM »
I got a lot of thought on this, really too. Any to start typing, in fact thatís a reason why I havenít been on here last year or so, cause I got no time to be on here with all time it takes to deal with gov

Offline Slatco

• There is no cure for the Fever.

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 136
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2019, 08:28:15 PM »
Hi.Unless things have changed a lot your sow should go threw.You only need a now if you are planning to machine mine.If you are simply hand mining a sow is all that is required.Luck Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline john6574

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2019, 06:42:12 PM »
Hello All,

The powers that be are just spreading another layer of pseudo control over their (we) mandates.  The Environmental Management Act is the law that prospectors have to follow. 

What the Mineral Titles personal tell you is the (new) law or rules is simply not the case. It is what they want to be able to do.

I have certain disabilities and have asked repeatedly for an accommodation over the years.  This year I was refused again.  told to file a NOW.  The Human Rights Act states they MUST accommodate.   I cannot shovel due to major spine injuries.  I want to use a small Can-Dig for doing test holes. 

The Criminal Code of Canada Section 337 sets the penalty if ANY government employee fails or refuses to do their duty.  It is a dry read but it obliges the government employee to do their job or get charged.

My Human Rights Act tribunal will happen very soon.  I will post the results.

I have been given a Wildlife Act permit that lets me shoot from and have a load gun in a vehicle.  It exempts me from Wildlife Act and Firearms Act charges.  I feel this is a doable request and not a big deal.

Cheers,
John