collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 239 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 13016
  • stats Total Posts: 131029
  • stats Total Topics: 18328
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Mining Claims
Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Follow-up on Tulameen Dredging  (Read 595 times)

Offline garnetsootheran

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Similkameen Mining District
  • Kudos: 29
Follow-up on Tulameen Dredging
« on: August 27, 2019, 07:17:35 PM »
I have heard a couple of things second hand.
First is that there were a couple of OK guys dredging near Champion Creek. Apparently this area sees claim jumpers quite regularly with the mines inspectors getting reports of dredging there in past years. Don't know if these guys were found by the inspector though. They did catch someone on the Similkameen last year.
Second there was an inspector around early last week, seemed like he was there all day as one person was inspected quite late in the day.
The tenure holder was surprised to hear that there was information out there that the inspector was coming, as there was no word of it in the southern Okanogan. He was wondering how the Hope area was getting its inside information, I was told that the word he used was suspicious   <-laugh-> <-laugh->.
At any rate I never heard of anyone getting caught and the person who was inspected was not near Champion in the week he was there and had not heard of anyone jumping claims.
So when warning is given people should perhaps take heed.

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 138
Re: Follow-up on Tulameen Dredging
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2019, 09:53:25 PM »
Hi.G.I have a freind that has a claim in the same area.He stops and visits when coming threw Hope.He told me all about the dredging and inspectors going up there.Just wanted everybody to know and be on their toesI doubt the inspectors even found the place.Luck Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline Top Cat

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Langley BC
  • Kudos: 26
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2019, 06:38:01 AM »
I hope the Inspectors catch these guys and seize all their equipment and issue a heavy fine.

Just recently a miner went to his claim and saw evidence of a claim jumper, he searched the area and found their high banker, hoses etc. and burned it all. 

Some times taking justice in your own hands is better, the Courts only give them a slap on the wrist.

Just My Thoughts. 

Offline garnetsootheran

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Similkameen Mining District
  • Kudos: 29
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2019, 07:22:05 AM »
Again from info I received second hand - the dredgers that were caught by a mines inspector on the Similkameen last year were issued a fine of $275. Actually that is a cheap price to go out and pillage someones tenure.
A tenure holder in the Tulameen several years ago was told by a person who helped pack out the offending dredge that the claim jumping dredger had recovered several thousands of dollars in platinum and gold. $275 entry fee would be cheap don't you think.
Panning is one thing but wholesale production even on a small scale is another.
I guess burning the found equipment is one way to deter people, perhaps though hauling it out and selling it to recoup loss might be another.
Sadly no definitive answer to the problem.

Offline Lanny

• Kudos: 2
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2019, 01:45:35 PM »
Again from info I received second hand - the dredgers that were caught by a mines inspector on the Similkameen last year were issued a fine of $275. Actually that is a cheap price to go out and pillage someones tenure.
A tenure holder in the Tulameen several years ago was told by a person who helped pack out the offending dredge that the claim jumping dredger had recovered several thousands of dollars in platinum and gold. $275 entry fee would be cheap don't you think.
Panning is one thing but wholesale production even on a small scale is another.
I guess burning the found equipment is one way to deter people, perhaps though hauling it out and selling it to recoup loss might be another.
Sadly no definitive answer to the problem.

Truly sad when stuff like this happens.

All the best,

Lanny

Offline placermaster

• Province/State: British Columbia
  • Kudos: 7
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2019, 02:36:58 PM »
I heard it was a Youtube video of the Goldchasers guys highbanking in the Coq that brought the attention of the inspector. Or that's what the inspector told me when he called me about my claims nearby.

I have heard a couple of things second hand.
First is that there were a couple of OK guys dredging near Champion Creek. Apparently this area sees claim jumpers quite regularly with the mines inspectors getting reports of dredging there in past years. Don't know if these guys were found by the inspector though. They did catch someone on the Similkameen last year.
Second there was an inspector around early last week, seemed like he was there all day as one person was inspected quite late in the day.
The tenure holder was surprised to hear that there was information out there that the inspector was coming, as there was no word of it in the southern Okanogan. He was wondering how the Hope area was getting its inside information, I was told that the word he used was suspicious   <-laugh-> <-laugh->.
At any rate I never heard of anyone getting caught and the person who was inspected was not near Champion in the week he was there and had not heard of anyone jumping claims.
So when warning is given people should perhaps take heed.

Offline Goldchasers

• Province/State: Bc
  • Kudos: 0
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2019, 07:25:59 PM »
Well that's a complete lie. Feel free to look on our youtube channel. We have one video on the coquhalla and its on a claim with permission and not high banking so I am not sure who misinformed you of this information. If you have some proof of this activity Id love to see it as it simply dosent exist. Thanks for trying to call us out, we get hateers all the time so this is nothing new.

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 138
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2019, 06:43:40 PM »
Just for the record.ThePerson that shot that vidio was not a member of B C Gold chasers at the time.He was asked not to post that vidio but did any way.Yes he created a lot of havoc,and his foul mouth got him banned from this forum.He still tries to sneak in using gold chasers but Joe catches on fast.So Greg the vidio is not a lie.It was posted by a person that is now a member of your crew and we all know who he is.That is the best I can do for you.Luck Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline JOE S (INDY)

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Trapper Creek, Alaska with Winters in Idaho
  • Kudos: 80
  • Wiser Mining Through Endless Personal Mistakes
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2019, 08:36:11 PM »
Sorry to say that I felt that this line of " ... He Said, She Said ..." is not yielding any benefit at all to ALL our members. 

If anyone wants to continue using hearsay,  bickering or acting childishly please do it using your email account and not impose upon the readership to have to put up with it.  I removed the last, unproductive post, made in an obvious moment of impassioned disregard for forum policy, and I'll be watching this string even more closely now since it seems to be a source of strife.

I certainly hope that it all settles down starting right now --- or else even stronger action will be taken. 

Joe -
The Moderator

Wiser Mining Through Endless Personal Mistakes

Offline Xplore

• Province/State: BC
  • Kudos: 16
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2019, 09:31:29 PM »
Thank you Joe for taking control and reminding everyone of forum policies.

Let's hear some stories of outdoor adventure, folks - surely Chad and Jeremy with Hepplewhite and Sons aren't the only ones getting outside on the rivers and creeks of North America and beyond - even in the ice, snow, sleet, hail, rain, clouds, etc. Full credit to them for chipping away at ice blocks on the Fraser in December to try and find some gold!

And how about gear tinkering and R&D - who is working on some gear projects over the winter? How are your projects going? Who will be making improvements to their highbanker?

What prospecting purchases are you dreaming about for the coming season in terms of gear?

As for me - my wife and I just had a baby girl, and our little nugget is too big for my jewelry scale.

- Xplore
North Vancouver, BC

Gear Pan
Gold Rat