collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

1829digger

Dot Guests: 157 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12501
  • stats Total Posts: 124034
  • stats Total Topics: 17146
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Author Topic: Hardrock Prospecting  (Read 11559 times)

Offline GPEX admin

• Administrator
  • Province/State: Hope, BC Canada
  • Kudos: 47
  • Larry
    • GPEX Gold And Platinum Explorations
Hardrock Prospecting
« on: January 25, 2008, 05:57:45 PM »
Are there any members here into mineral property (hardrock) prospecting?  Be it for precious metals, base metals or other mineral deposits.  Iím sure a lot of our colleagues would like to hear about some of your ventures and hopefully successes.  And any mining companies passing through our pages, are also welcome to drop a note and update the industry on your companyís project.
Somebody said that it couldn't be done
But he with a chuckle replied
That maybe it couldn't but he wouldn't be one
Who'd say so until he had tried.

Offline centennial

• Kudos: 1
Re: Hardrock Prospecting
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 01:02:24 AM »
We are extending a existing 500mtr long tunnel which was excavated in the 1800s to access a shoot of ore at a deep level . Working was forced to stop in the upper levels due to flooding. The mine produced 125Kg Au at 55gm/ton. The old timers never found the ore shoot at the deep level. We are drilling,blasting and mucking using a Eimco 12b. If anyones interested I can post some photos.

Offline GPEX admin

• Administrator
  • Province/State: Hope, BC Canada
  • Kudos: 47
  • Larry
    • GPEX Gold And Platinum Explorations
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 01:47:54 AM »
Hi centennial, and welcome to another of our most southern neighbors.

I'm sure there are many who'd like to view photos of your operations.  For the better fit, as per regular photo size, possibly it would serve better to reduce them to about 50% or even 40% the original size.  That way the nicely fit on the page without missing segments.

Looking forward to your continued enjoyment and many more posts.
Somebody said that it couldn't be done
But he with a chuckle replied
That maybe it couldn't but he wouldn't be one
Who'd say so until he had tried.

Offline rockpup

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Lethbridge, Alberta.
  • Kudos: 7
  • Yar der be gold in dem pans!!
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 06:40:54 AM »
I would be intrested to see some  picture's.I am gearing myself towords a job in the mining sector.I plan on prospecting the southern alberta area for titanium deposists and possible gold/diamond formation's.I am so new to prospecting but have a strong will ,also like to read alot.I am planning on taking some geology course's and learning more about our wonderfull mother earth.There is alot of federal land to explore in alberta and I feel there is alot more to the geology of the southern alberta than meets the eye.There is alot of possible area's that could yield some intresting find's minereal or metal.

Offline Greg in BC

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Dawson Creek
  • Kudos: 5
  • Golden memories are not always of gold.
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 08:51:18 AM »
Absolutely interested in the pics Centennial.  With those grades you must be able to see the gold when you are drilling?  Heard that the 16 to 1 mine in the USA knows when they are in the good stuff as they get cornflakes of gold coming of the drill stem  [^Crazy!#]
Greg

Offline daemdaem

• PPT Invited
  • Kudos: 2
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 05:50:51 PM »
Hi Folks,  A number of us own a very large property in the Kirkland lake Ontario gold field. We drilled a 500 foot hole last summer and achieved some results.  We are within sight  of the historic Kerr Addison property.    I f there are any serious investors out there i am easy to talk to @   250 962 6529
      One of our placer properties is downstream from  a historic Yukon property called Pesos Silver.   A friend Walter has some pretty interesting property at the foot of Keno Hill. 867ounces/ton in one assay, average of the others was much lower but still high, considering I used a hammer to get my vien samples. Al

Offline centennial

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2008, 11:34:21 PM »
Rockpup
Just a few tips that might be useful for your prospectig.
In NSW Australia I can access data bases from Department of Mineral Resources online or from thier library which include all the old mine records, maps, expired exploration reports and geological records and maps and lots of other useful information. This information is invaluable to prospectors and Im sure your Government would have similar resources.
If your going to look for vein deposits start reseaching old mines , learn about why the gold is there in the first place, ie dilation zones in faults which has alowed access for the mineralising fluids, the importance of the host rock on gold mineralisation and the importance of fault junctions / intersections on gold mineralisation. Google or find some books on on ore shoots, there  formation and geological controls. If you find a area of interest start mapping all the old workings , lines of reef, dips and strikes of host rock etc, keep in mind what I mentioned earlier  about dilation zones , often where the strike of the fault changes ie on a fault that has left hand lateral slip, dilation zones will occur where the fault swings to the left.
Good luck
Im going to have to do some reseach of my own on posting images, also Ive been dowloading some movies and Ive used my 12gb for the month so Im on internet go slow but I will post some very soon.

Offline centennial

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2008, 01:50:34 AM »
I have added some photos to the gallery. If you want to fly to the  Copeland Gold field via google earth type in Copeland Rd Copeland NSW and press fly to .  Our mine is in the mountains about 2 km to the nw .You can see the curved shape of the mountains caused by a plunging anticline (good places for gold ) The Barrington River is to the south and is great for kayaking.

Offline rockpup

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Lethbridge, Alberta.
  • Kudos: 7
  • Yar der be gold in dem pans!!
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2008, 07:04:46 AM »
Awesome pictures centennial. Thanks for everything, helps set me in the right direction. I love the mine, cool digger!! Hope to have my own mine someday. I been doing some digging, the area im looking in isnt well known for gold.Some old saying about gold not being found to the east of the rockies,can't remember exactly how they put it.I have to look into hardrock mining in alberta but I think its limited.Keep posting ,sweet info!!

Offline pasty

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2009, 09:42:46 AM »
hi, 867 oz/ton seems a bit high, if this is right you are a instant million air .Take your gold and run.