collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

liquidsteelDhodgins

Dot Guests: 279 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 1

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 13019
  • stats Total Posts: 131044
  • stats Total Topics: 18330
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Mining Claims
Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Everyone needs to start posting something .  (Read 1137 times)

Offline the gold guy

• Province/State: bc
  • Kudos: 5
Everyone needs to start posting something .
« on: August 13, 2019, 08:05:14 PM »
There is only a hand full of people on this forum with a voice start talking!

Offline the gold guy

Re: Everyone needs to start posting something .
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2019, 08:35:21 AM »
Don't be shy I cant hear you!

Offline placermaster

• Province/State: British Columbia
  • Kudos: 7
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2019, 08:50:05 AM »
Perhaps you could post a question to try and drum up conversation rather than reiterating what was said in a previous post by a bunch of regular contributors. Demanding people contribute is no way to make people feel included.

Why not ask people what got them started in this hobby? Or what type of gear they use? Something...anything. You want contribution? Do something to spur it in a positive way.

Offline the gold guy

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2019, 08:54:42 AM »
I am just trying to get people involved not trying to be rude.

Offline tonofsteel

• Province/State: SK
  • Kudos: 10
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2019, 08:56:35 AM »
bac1.jpg

Back lit from a loupe light but I don't know what it is.  It is big enough that it can be cut/ground down into something that can be mounted in a pendant or something I suppose.  Enough value for me due to the location/circumstances in finding it.

Offline ReedKidd

• Province/State: Pennsylvania
  • Kudos: 1
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2019, 09:03:07 AM »
I like salad

Offline graeme1955

• Province/State: chilliwack bc
  • Kudos: 6
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2019, 11:12:24 AM »
What got me into this hobby? ..........Hmmmm...first off, I love to go camping and exploring, and also, I guess I am a person that likes to build things, so after starting to read about prospecting for gold and gold panning, I decided to build a highbanker, Little did I know, at that time all the rules and regulations that are involved in operating a simple little sluice in B.C.. Wow what a wake up call this was! After having built a highbanker and finding a pump to supply it with water, I was ready to try it out, but no where to use it! I should have done more research, so back to the drawing board I went. Then I had to find out what the MTO was all about, well that is altogether another  ball game to figure out, after spending hours on the computer, getting a bcid, and a free miners licence [ not free ] of course, I discovered that every piece of free ground that has potential in the southern part of the province is claimed. This I have found to be discouraging, as many claims sit inactive for years and years, and are not being worked at all, and many claims are held by one person who do nothing with them. But I guess if a person can afford to have many claims, so be it. So, here I sit on my computer, and do research, and more research, I read all that I can about gold prospecting and gold recovery methods, and hopefully, someday, find some place to try out my equipment, through this site I have met some very nice people who have offered to let me go to their claims which I have yet to do, Other things in life seem to get in the way,  so things like prospecting and gold panning have to sit on the back burner, so I do more research, I am sure I am not alone in this respect. I am still learning , and lurking in the back ground and I really do not have a lot to contribute, and I have to apologize for that. I wish I could contribute more to the forum and be more active, and in time be able to answer peoples questions and support new members when they make posts on the forum, but as a newby so to speak I dont have much to say, as I am still learning myself. This summer, I finally have my truck and camper on the road as well as a trailer to carry all my gear in and I am good to go, so hopefully I will be able to get out somewhere where I can get some experience in the field and try my home made equipment and see if all of my research and development might work out. Then I might just be able to contribute a little bit to add to this forum. thanks G

Offline the gold guy

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2019, 12:51:05 PM »
I have placer mined for 40 years and when I am not I'm thinking about it. There is a lot of things to learn and still have lots of questions.

Offline ReedKidd

• Province/State: Pennsylvania
  • Kudos: 1
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2019, 03:02:25 PM »
Well said, graeme1955.

Similarly, I spent a lot of my 20s - 30s scuba diving off of the east coast of the mid US states.  Mostly New Jersey but also New York, Delaware and Maryland.   
Would five on old ship wrecks anywhere from 20’ deep to 233’ deep (my deepest dive on the Andria Doria).  We were collecting lobsters, scallops, various fish and would look for artifacts whenever we could.  Eventually we started looking for deeper and farther off wrecks.    Brass and bronze portholes, running lights, anything we could find.  Eventually got into ship wreck research.    Going up to the Nation Archives to fine long ago closed inlets etc.  once life took over and I no longer had time and money for all that, and decades past, I was reading an article that said where gold came from and how it got here on the planet. That was fascinating and I was hooked.  Being that it was only 6 months ago since that discovery, I am slowly learning and doing as much research as
I can learn.   That’s enough for now.  Thanks for all the info you provide here. 

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 138
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2019, 08:08:18 PM »
Hi.Guys see how simple it is.A simple post no matter the content can keep a forum alive.And this is the only one surviving.Asimple question or a good story can keep a forum alive.Hell share a bad experience.Lots of topics to post under.The point is to keep folks talking.Does not matter what you post,some will disagree but that opens a dicussion that folks reply to and the wheel turns and the forum goes on.Just keep it clean and respectable and this forum will survive.Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Gear Pan
Gold Rat