collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

kodibear

Dot Guests: 138 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12966
  • stats Total Posts: 130017
  • stats Total Topics: 18185
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: New Gold Hog Mats  (Read 654 times)

Offline PrinceGeorgeGoldGuy

• Province/State: BC
  • Kudos: 0
New Gold Hog Mats
« on: June 10, 2019, 10:17:13 AM »
Hey folks! just have a question....
I just received my new Hog mats.... very excited to run them... been using moss and expanded only forever.... but I was wondering if i should be runni

Re: New Gold Hog Mats
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2019, 10:19:10 AM »
sorry.... stupid laptop...

was wondering if I should be running hog mates with a slick plate at the top of the highbanker then the mats.... or just mats right to the top? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

Offline JOE S (INDY)

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Trapper Creek, Alaska with Winters in Idaho
  • Kudos: 71
  • Wiser Mining Through Endless Personal Mistakes
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2019, 02:11:35 PM »
Hey there PGGG,

I have seen where Gold Hog (actually Doc) has said in the past to ditch the slick plate as un-necessary.  I have almost always seen UR used at the head of the mat sequences and that seems to be sort of a "Working Slick Plate" for the following mats. 

Sort of the situation where I, too, would like to catch Gold "Right out of the Chute" at the head of the box.

Joe 
Wiser Mining Through Endless Personal Mistakes

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 130
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2019, 07:15:28 PM »
Hi.Not sure if it really matters.I use about 12 inches of slick before my mats.Just makes for a easier clean out.This is just my opinion but being as GH catches most of the gold in the first 12 inchesIt does not make sence to have mat all the way to the back of your box.That is the first area that will load up real quick and your material will ride over that and clean out further down.The slick plate does allow for a little better washing.All depends on the material you are running.Again just my opinion.Luck,Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2019, 08:34:23 PM »
I suppose I could try it both ways in reality.... see if there is actually a difference.... thanks a ton guys!!

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 130
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2019, 08:02:07 PM »
Hi.Does not matter what you are using.You have to play.The doc says one thing I say another and Joe may find something different works for him.PLAY.Start out at the basic.One inch drop per foot.Use a test pan..Doc says 50 gallons of water a min.He loves his water.But it is not nessasary.You have to play and test.All depends on the size and shape of your gold.The further gold travels the more it is beat flat.The Fraser is a prime example of that.Caribou gold may be course at the start and easily got.By the time it gets to Hope it is beat thinner tan a razor blade and may blow out of the box you have set up for the caribou.Thus we play every where we go. Hope that makes some sense.Luck Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2019, 02:49:17 PM »
Thx for the info... most of our gold we're getting is fairly flat. So I can see tuning our sluice/mats will be key. Won't be testing new mats until next weekend... week after father's day weekend..... but I'm very excited. Watched most of Docs vids to get an idea of where to start. I can see probably a whole day of testing and tuning to figure these mats out.... cheers!

Btw...... GO BRUINS! HEHE

Offline johnedoe

• Kudos: 10
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2019, 03:45:59 PM »
I like to have a good section of slick plate but I only beach mine and it's nice to let that fin material flatten out into a nice thin layer and let the gold settle to skitter along the bottom before it hits the mats........ But that's just me.
You gotta tune your system to the material you will be running..

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2019, 09:12:44 AM »
I've decided to start with a 6 inch slick at the top to start. Will be testing it this Saturday for the first time with the new mats.... feels like Christmas lol

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2019, 08:14:33 AM »
All I have to say is WOW. I wish I had gone to Gold Hog Mats sooner......... great weekend of highbanking... got some good gold... took about 2 hours to really dial in those mats. The reduction of cons on clean up is unbelievable.... I'm definitely a new fan!!!

Gear Pan
Gold Rat