collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

chekaracanada

Dot Guests: 211 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 13016
  • stats Total Posts: 131023
  • stats Total Topics: 18328
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Mining Claims
Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Harris Creek take 2!  (Read 412 times)

Offline KevRambo

• Province/State: Alberta
  • Kudos: 0
Harris Creek take 2!
« on: June 23, 2019, 08:43:29 PM »
Hi, I have a claim out by mile marker 12 at Harris Creek that I purchased last year. The only way I can get to my claim was on a road that went through someone's private property. Supposedly the owner was getting annoyed with all the traffic due to the camp ground being easily accessed using his road. Now there is a bunch of cement bricks blocking the way through. I did hear that there might be a gate being built but I'm not sure. Just wondering if anyone has any information.

Cheers. Kev.

Offline bobbyt

• Kudos: 1
Re: Harris Creek take 2!
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2019, 07:25:37 AM »
Is the road public or private to this camp ground. Is there an easement to use the road if private. Was this a Provincial Forest Road.

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 138
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2019, 07:59:59 PM »
Hi.Go talkto the land owner and explain you own the claim.Be real nice.Having a claim on private land or just private access can be a huge benifit to you.You do not have to deal with the riff raff,the campers and all the crap that comes out from under rocks.If the land owner has no problem with you.You got it made.Luck,Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline garnetsootheran

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Similkameen Mining District
  • Kudos: 29
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2019, 08:06:31 AM »
McB has it right - go talk to the land owner. Put yourself in their shoes ie. how would you feel with people just driving across your private property.
Cannot help but think that one of the first ditties I was taught many, many years ago was "do unto others as you would have them do unto you'. Might have some sort of religious  connotations but I always thought it was steeped in a lot of common sense.
One prospector I know of always cultivates friendships with property owners, even to the tune of buying an inexpensive tablet for one owners daughter. That few hundred dollar expense bought him thousands in return as the owner would let him know when people were accessing his properties and causing damage etc.
Perhaps I am old school but talking face to face sure works for myself.
Good luck.
PS - bring coffee and donuts :)

Gear Pan
Gold Rat