collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 154 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12553
  • stats Total Posts: 124628
  • stats Total Topics: 17237
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Author Topic: Going by the Wild Goose  (Read 2995 times)

Offline GPEX admin

• Administrator
  • Province/State: Hope, BC Canada
  • Kudos: 47
  • Larry
    • GPEX Gold And Platinum Explorations
Going by the Wild Goose
« on: January 25, 2008, 05:56:51 PM »
Scary how quick time flies by, blinked an eye and winter was upon us, sending most of us into the cabin.  Mother Nature’s way, I guess, to offer a break so to regenerate our batteries, give us chance to refurbish our equipment and plot out yet another season’s activities. And now, before you know it, we will be back in the field once more, seeking out that ever elusive glitter.  No question about it, spring lies just around the corner, and the proof was observed in a field between Abbotsford and Chilliwack two weeks ago.  Couldn’t believe my eyes, the whole field, and a very very large one at that, was wall-to-wall with geese.  In my opinion, they’d not be there except for good reason, for they always seem to know when things are about to change. So, judging by the signs, it won’t be too long before we’re back at it again.  Albeit they were snow geese, I somehow don’t think they were back here in BC to hang out on the slopes of Whistler, Grouse or any of the other ski facilities to practice their downhill skills.  So, for those with the cabin fever, which includes 101% of us, I feel it won’t be too long now.  Yet, many of our members in other parts of the world don’t really get a chance to throw snowballs, and are able to work your claims year round - - lucky you!

Wishing all a prosperous season
Somebody said that it couldn't be done
But he with a chuckle replied
That maybe it couldn't but he wouldn't be one
Who'd say so until he had tried.

Offline nutznboltz

• Kudos: 0
Re: Going by the Wild Goose
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 11:21:47 PM »
hey theres a whole field full of wild canada geese on the right side of hwy 1 going east just before Pritchard store & they have been there all winter it's an old cornfield & it's been -20 all week  ???