collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 194 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12981
  • stats Total Posts: 130388
  • stats Total Topics: 18245
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: FGP FINE GOLD PULSATOR by Roto-pan How does this work?  (Read 6364 times)

Offline leadshot

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: CT, USA
  • Kudos: 1
  • Gold Stinger,Electronic MFD and Garrett Sea Hunter
FGP FINE GOLD PULSATOR by Roto-pan How does this work?
« on: March 24, 2015, 07:07:58 AM »
FGP FINE GOLD PULSATOR-How does this system work? Is this a vertical pulsating jig with tiered classifiers? Is this a miniature Eulogic (ecologics' highly efficient gravity concentrator, for gold recovery by small scale miners)pulsing gravity separator with bottom clean out drain?

Offline rexhavoc

• Kudos: 8
  • Somewhere in deepest, darkest Cariboo...
Re: FGP FINE GOLD PULSATOR by Roto-pan How does this work?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 11:15:43 PM »
I have two of John Brown's machines in my basement - I don't use them, as they simply cannot be made to work with flat flour gold. I don't know exactly what the character of the gold from ore crushers he runs in his video examples is like  but I suspect it is largely spherical with a high Corey Shape Factor. If it is at all towards the flat end of the scale (ie a low Corey Shape Factor) such as you would find in a placer gold mine, you can expect to see most of the gold in the tailings as I inevitably did.

I tried desperately and extensively to make these machines work with placer concentrates from two distinct characteristics from two distinct regions for over a year in conjunction with Mr Brown's guidance to painstakingly calibrate, test, video, document, and ship boxes back and forth to Australia only to concede failure. Perhaps you would have more luck with crushed ore.

Mr Brown has gone through several iterations of the machines; Gold Rocket, Blue Tube, Dual pulse, and now the Fine Gold Pulsator (those are all that I'm aware of, there may be more). If you think they might work for you, PM me and we'll work something out.

Offline leadshot

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: CT, USA
  • Kudos: 1
  • Gold Stinger,Electronic MFD and Garrett Sea Hunter
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 08:24:45 AM »
Hi thanks for your description of the use of the FGP. The gold I find is very fine and flat. I was wondering what is inside the FGP to see what type of tech might benefit my prospecting. I have pans and sieves of all types, carpet, fluid bed and drop rifle sluices. I made a nice Miller table and it works fine. I had hoped to see what's inside to see if I am missing and tech. There is so much nice equipment build by very talented prospectors, however the gold comes in so many difference forms and conditions that "One fits all" certainly does not apply.

Small fluid bed separators seems to work on some types of gold, but not others. I have even tried to make an enclosed hydrocyclone(see pic) [ Invalid Attachment ]

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 132
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 08:32:36 PM »
Hey everybody builds something nobody builds every thing.Stick with the tryed tested and true Will save yourself thousands of dollars and thousands of frustrated hours Luck Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Offline Geoben

• New user
  • Province/State: WA
  • Kudos: 0
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2019, 04:58:44 PM »
Hi REX,

I'm new to this website, As I'm trying to track down one of these FGP's. I am wondering if you still have one (or both) of those that you mentioned? I'm looking to process some very fine gold, but its pretty rough.  Might be the ticket.

Cheers

Offline rexhavoc

• Kudos: 8
  • Somewhere in deepest, darkest Cariboo...
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2019, 05:48:18 PM »
Hi Geoben, sounds more likely to work on your gold than mine.
Will try and send you a PM, check your inbox.

Rex

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 132
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2019, 08:10:05 PM »
Hi .G.Welcome to the site.Takes 2 posts to become a member.Nobody can give the info you want until you are a member.Simply ask the question again.That being said scroll the left side of your screen down to the roto pan/terabend.Watch the vids.The folks I know that have them do love them.Luck,Mcbain.
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

BC Gold