collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

pascalfortier

Dot Guests: 163 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12977
  • stats Total Posts: 130247
  • stats Total Topics: 18223
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Pyramid Pro Pan - Where to Buy  (Read 718 times)

Offline JOE S (INDY)

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Trapper Creek, Alaska with Winters in Idaho
  • Kudos: 72
  • Wiser Mining Through Endless Personal Mistakes
Re: Pyramid Pro Pan - Where to Buy
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2019, 10:30:42 PM »
Mark,

Once again you have "Hit The Nail  " 100% on target here.   <-party->

All of us have panned, bent over, for long stretches of time - to where, periodically, you just have to sit up and stretch those back muscles a bit.   [<-panning->]  Young folks (like that youngster, Suave   <-yahoo_>  ) are able to better take the abuse of working bent over simply because of their more supple bodies. That bent over posture is very tiring, especially for older folks like yourself and even more so for us "Older than Dirt" folks .  (I can still hear the echoes of my parents urging me to "Sit up Straight!"  as I was hunched over a particularly engrossing project.   That "Shows to Go You" that my parents were WAY smarter than I was).

So yes, prolonged working bent over, doing anything, is hard on all our back muscles.  Other than finding THE Specific Invention,  Wiz-Bang, Apparatus, Gizmo or Thing-a-Ma-Bob or discovering some new panning technique there are only a few options: 

One,  don't pan - just stay at home (preferably in bed) and await 'The End'.   <-NO_>

Two, somehow spend less time bent over - reducing the strain on the muscles.   <-unsure_>

Three, find an invention or technique that reduces that bent over time.   [-1st-]

Of course, nothing will ever replace quick panning samples which, by it's nature, does allow straightening moving  and stretching between pans.  Now for long, sustained larger panning marathons (and in my specific case) I have come up for a way that works out much better.

For starters, I needed to drastically reduce the initial volume of concentrates to pan out at the end of every day.  At times I could easily spend an hour (after working all day) to finish pan the concentrates.  Just too long for me to be all hunkered over.   <-thinking->  Of course, I also get older each and every year, too.  It was at this point that the Super Wiz-Bang  Dynamic-Duo came into the picture.

Actually a Gold Hog highbanker started off the show.   I won it with absolutely no skill or ability at all involved.   <-dont~know->   After the shock wore off (and then it arrived!) I was absolutely flat-footed-amazed by it.   <~ShOcK~>   MUCH more capacity than little old I could ever over feed with a mere shovel - but also patient enough with me to  just let me shovel into it at my 'Old Guy'  pace.   It turned out that the volume of concentrates was miraculously reduced AND the number of cleanouts was way, way less.

An initial benefit was the fact that there never was going to be any problem with over feeding the box!   lol!!!@*    4 guys could, maybe, but not just me, or with a buddy, two of us.  Life had gotten better.  <-party->  No problems with over or reduced feeding and CERTAINLY no pre-classifying of input gravel.  (If a rock didn't size-up right on the shovel it was just set aside - Classification 101!)

Next, * The Coup Extraordinaire, The Multi-Sluice mini-highbanker.  The greatly reduced concentrates from the big highbanker had already reduced the volume of daily concentrates to the point that 2, 3 , 4 or more day's worth of concentrates could be stockpiled in a single 5 gallon (20L) bucket.  If all the +1/4" oversized was quickly panned out each day then  the volume of each day's effort was reduced to the point that two 5 gallon buckets easily held weeks of concentrates. 

It doesn't take long, sitting down, to classify -1/4 through a 1/8" classifier and the resulting oversized is easily put aside for quick panning later.  After that it's just running the concentrates through the multi-sluice every few days.  Sitting or standing it's really easy on the back.

So, that's how I do things.  I frequently use the Dynamic-Duo and break up the panning sessions to go a little easier on the Ol' Back.  Of course, "Individual Results May Vary" but similar type options are open to everyone.

* The Coup Extraordinaire   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIn-ZA2R5oQ
Give this a look-see - only 2 minutes, eh!

Joe -
Just waiting to 'Get Back into It Again' this year!
Wiser Mining Through Endless Personal Mistakes

Offline Suave

• Province/State: British Columbia
  • Kudos: 17
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2019, 09:13:03 AM »
Great post Joe! Only one thing to add ... that youngster Suave, is 67 years old!

Regards.

Keep On Diggin'_Suave

Offline JOE S (INDY)

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Trapper Creek, Alaska with Winters in Idaho
  • Kudos: 72
  • Wiser Mining Through Endless Personal Mistakes
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2019, 05:28:43 PM »
Yeah Youngster - well, I'm working on 73.   lol!!!@*
Wiser Mining Through Endless Personal Mistakes

Offline Tim International

• Province/State: Alberta
  • Kudos: 0
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2019, 07:34:38 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I am new to this.  I have a friend overseas who is in a new placer area that has assayed 44 grams of gold / tonne.  I believe this is quite good, it is in a dry
location, and I am looking for advice on finding investment, or starting operations.  thanks.

Offline mcbain

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: hope bc
  • Kudos: 132
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2019, 08:27:22 PM »
Hi.Guys Do not think age has anything to do with it.Its all about the damage one has endured in younger years.I have been crushed between logs,Ihave been smashed by a snag,I have had my teeth smashed out by a snarly choker.each and every one of those incidents should have killed me but I survived to live a life of pain and agony. and old age just makes it worse.On the other hand there are folks that have never been hurt and can out work me at age 85 and they still go strong.Just making a point.Luck,Mcbain. P.S.Just out of purer stubborness I still out work a 20 year old but my god does it hurt,Mcbain..
I started out with nothing Istill have most of it.

Gear Pan
Gold Rat