collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

Dot Guests: 172 | Dot Users
Dot Hidden: 0

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 12992
  • stats Total Posts: 130653
  • stats Total Topics: 18283
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 48
  • stats Most Online: 814

* Advertisers

Gear Pan
The lil Gold Spinner
BC GOLD
The lil Gold Spinner
The Pocket Sluice

Author Topic: Panning on mineral (not placer) claims?  (Read 453 times)

Offline Red911

• Complete newbie
  • Province/State: British Columbia
  • Kudos: 4
Panning on mineral (not placer) claims?
« on: April 10, 2019, 03:18:03 PM »
Hey guys,

I was checking out the Thompson on MTO / iMap... there aren't too many placer claims on it, but a lot of the Thompson is covered up by hard-rock mineral claims.

(Mostly by junior miners / speculators like Sable Resources - that trade for pennies on the TSX)

Can we pan on mineral claims like this?

Just curious.

Thanks!
"I am not young enough to know everything"
~ Oscar Wylde

Offline CLHaddon

• Kudos: 5
Re: Panning on mineral (not placer) claims?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 03:40:13 PM »
Technically if it has a Mineral Title on it you don't have any rights to pan that location without permission from the title owner. This is as per MTO from when a good friend of mine asked them the same question.

I have a mineral claim on the Thompson just downriver from Goldpan Park that you've probably seen on MTO. There's a nice pullout spot there and it's a pretty short walk down to the gravel bar. You're welcome to pan it if you like. I've found gold in every pan I've tested there but not spent a ton of time. I would be one of those "junior miners" you speak of  [<-panning->]

Offline Suave

• Kudos: 19
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2019, 08:50:43 PM »
There is definitely some nice gold in the Thompson. Found my first nugget there back in the early 80's.

Keep On Diggin'_Suave

Offline sunshine

• PPT Invited
  • Province/State: Ontario, but also prospect in BC
  • Kudos: 39
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2019, 12:26:25 PM »
Technically if it has a Mineral Title on it you don't have any rights to pan that location without permission from the title owner. This is as per MTO from when a good friend of mine asked them the same question.

I have a mineral claim on the Thompson just downriver from Goldpan Park that you've probably seen on MTO. There's a nice pullout spot there and it's a pretty short walk down to the gravel bar. You're welcome to pan it if you like. I've found gold in every pan I've tested there but not spent a ton of time. I would be one of those "junior miners" you speak of  [<-panning->]

Outstanding offer of you to a fellow prospector.  Kudos.
See my YouTube channel for fun amateur video:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnz8kX6AZOeZbRt0F9XqVJA

Offline Red911

• Complete newbie
  • Kudos: 4
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2019, 11:17:23 AM »

Thanks so much!

When I can find some time to drive up, I'll send you a PM (and some beer money via paypal)

Appreciate it
"I am not young enough to know everything"
~ Oscar Wylde

Gear Pan
Gold Rat